Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 11:40 AM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times

Advertisements

Trump said he would speak to N Korea nut case too- Kim Jong

Trump willing to meet N.Korea's Kim, wants to renegotiate Paris climate accord

I also heard it say that Wall Street is very happy there could be a business man - one of their own-- in the WH--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 11:47 AM

45,211 posts, read 26,424,445 times
Trump meeting with this war criminal?
Quote:
“The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer.” (Henry Kissinger from March 10, 1975 meeting with Turkish foreign minister Melih Esenbel in Ankara, Turkey)
difference between Hillary and Trump again?

Old 05-18-2016, 11:50 AM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I agree with you. And Trump would be criticized if he didn't seek experts on foreign policy and since he did, he's criticized. A smart person listens to different views.

This thread is a no go.
Beat me to it. I was going to say the same. While we may not see much of it on this forum, an intelligent person will listen to ideas from every angle, not just the ones from the peanut gallery.

He is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't, but Shillarys will do anything to take the focus off of their extremely corrupt candidate - it's hysterical how often that is done, yet you don't find threads talking about all of the wonderful things she's done or plans to do.

That's quite telling.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:53 AM

1,100 posts, read 633,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Trump said he would speak to N Korea nut case too- Kim Jong

Trump willing to meet N.Korea's Kim, wants to renegotiate Paris climate accord

I also heard it say that Wall Street is very happy there could be a business man - one of their own-- in the WH--
That's what diplomats do....and the president is the supreme diplomat.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:05 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I think you are reading far too much into this.

Kissinger knows a lot about foreign policy (for instance great power politics between Russia, the USA and China) but that does not mean Trump has to do every thing he says. In fact, I would be more concerned if Trump did not want to at least listen to what Kissinger has to say. Again, that does not mean that Trump will do what Kissinger says.

Now if Trump all of a sudden decided to support sending our kids into Syria to fight in their civil war while almost every other country in the world stands aside and does nothing, then I would be more concerned. But Trump's position on the Iraq war shows that he understands that their is a cost and basically little reward for America being the "World's policeman".
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So why would he even consider seeking advice from Kissinger who never seemed to understand that?
Quote:
Very true but Kissinger was Secretary of State during the Cold War, when the USA being World Policeman was far more important then it is now.

Still, Kissinger understood the importance of opening relations with Communist China in order to balance against the Soviet Union. In fact, if you ever read any of Kissinger's books, you would see he understands traditional balance of power politics very well and that we are in a multi-power world. Part of that is allowing other countries to share the burdens, not just the United States.

That is the kind of advice that Kissinger could give Trump. But I do not think Trump would listen to Kissinger if it came to saying the USA going into something alone like Syria. Trump seems to have his own cost/benefits analysis going on which may be more realistic then a Kissinger, George Bush, Hillary Clinton or a John McCain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yet he still wants to throw MORE $$$ at the already most expensive military in the world, the only major federal agency to have never been audited. Doesn't sound like the work of an allegedly astute businessman to me.
Quote:
Sounds like Trump may be the first to do an audit!

Donald Trump is right about defense spending – and that should scare you

Donald Trump could be the only presidential candidate talking sense about for the American military’s budget. That should scare everyone.

“I’m gonna build a military that’s gonna be much stronger than it is right now,” the real- estate-mogul-turned-tautological-demagogue said on Meet the Press. “It’s gonna be so strong, nobody’s gonna mess with us. But you know what? We can do it for a lot less.”

He’s right.

U.S. military spending is out of control. The Defense Department budget for 2016 is $573 billion. President Barack Obama’s 2017 proposal ups it to $582 billion. By comparison, China spent around $145 billion and Russia around $40 billion in 2015. Moscow would have spent more, but the falling price of oil, sanctions and the ensuing economic crisis stayed its hand.

As Trump has pointed out many times, Washington can build and maintain an amazing military arsenal for a fraction of what it’s paying now. He’s also right about one of the causes of the bloated budget: expensive prestige weapons systems such as the Littoral Combat Ship and the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter.

The much-maligned F-35 will cost at least $1.5 trillion during the 55 years that its manufacturer, Lockheed Martin, expects it to be flying. That number is up $500 billion from the original high estimate. But with a long list of problems plaguing the stealth fighter, that price will most likely grow.

“I hear stories,” Trump said in a speech before the New Hampshire primary, “like they’re ordering missiles they don’t want because of politics, because of special interests, because the company that makes the missiles is a contributor
.”
LOLOLOLOL

This dude just REFUSES to get it.

You answer his first question so astutely that he just has to ignore it. THEN he thinks he'll pose a different question to the same quote as before and once again you hand his ass to him.

I have been down that road already. It is a useless endeavor.

But damned entertaining.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:12 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,727,909 times
all politicians lie through there teeth to get into office, trump might not be a career politician but he knows how the corrupt system works. if the hilldabeast gets into office you know their will be 4 more years of no hope, no change!!! the trumpter could be an ace in the hole, or the joker face down. so what would you rather have? guaranteed more of the same, or a possible ace 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 jack, queen, king or a joker?

Old 05-18-2016, 12:18 PM

25,560 posts, read 17,267,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Donald Trump to meet with Henry Kissinger Wednesday - CNNPolitics.com

I spent my formative CD years as a Paul supporter, listened to Alex Jones everyday, and subscribed to theories that the Federal Reserve, income tax, Trilateral Commission, etc. are all globalist Trojan horses that want to bring about the end of US sovereignty. A LOT of Trump supporters are also former Paul supporters/Libertarian types, so some of you know where I'm coming from.

Well, Trump scheduled to meet with Henry Kissinger to "discuss" foreign policy. Trump just sold all of you supporters down the river; looks like he's not very interested in not being a globalist after all
You have made a very good case in proving Trump has been or is going to be in the same room with Henry Kissinger. But no other point has been made.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:20 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
That's what diplomats do....and the president is the supreme diplomat.

When he becomes the prez he can talk to whom ever he wants but- I think they have some rules as to who they should or not- and why--

Old 05-18-2016, 12:22 PM

25,560 posts, read 17,267,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Beat me to it. I was going to say the same. While we may not see much of it on this forum, an intelligent person will listen to ideas from every angle, not just the ones from the peanut gallery.

He is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't, but Shillarys will do anything to take the focus off of their extremely corrupt candidate - it's hysterical how often that is done, yet you don't find threads talking about all of the wonderful things she's done or plans to do.

That's quite telling.
True.

Now, go to other posts and listen as Libs all clap their little hands in glee as Obama urges Rutgers grads to listen to all view points. When Obama says it, it is a good idea even though he has never followed his own advice.

But when Trump actually acts and speaks with Kissinger, there is "something wrong"....

Old 05-18-2016, 01:15 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,167,548 times
Quote:
Now if Trump all of a sudden decided to support sending our kids into Syria to fight in their civil war while almost every other country in the world stands aside and does nothing, then I would be more concerned. But Trump's position on the Iraq war shows that he understands that their is a cost and basically little reward for America being the "World's policeman".
Donald Trump has been repeatedly asked if he means "boots on the ground" in Syria (when fighting ISIS) and he refuses to answer. I take his "No answer" as a "yes."

So don't count on a President Trump not sending your kids into Syria to fight their civil war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections