Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 05:20 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times

Advertisements

Not only that - his oh, so rich friends reneged on their 'promises'? Must have been some of his really rich, muslim friends? Maybe they got mad at him about what he's been saying about muslims? Man, shows ya how great and dependable his friends are, eh?

Trump said he raised $6 million for vets. Now, his campaign says it was less.

"Campaign manager Corey Lewandowski said the fundraiser actually netted about $4.5 million, or 75 percent of the total that Trump announced.
Lewandowski blamed the shortfall on Trump’s own wealthy acquaintances. He said some of them had promised big donations that Trump was counting on when he said he’d raised $6 million. But Lewandowski said those donors backed out and gave nothing."

Hope he's not depending on those same folks to give him big bucks for his national campaign.

Last edited by kat in aiken; 05-20-2016 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 05:23 PM

617 posts, read 349,231 times
We know how much you've done for vets. Trump did what he could but in the thin minds of the left, this is somehow Trump's fault. Other than getting them killed, what's the fat cow, clinkton done for our troops and vets, hmmmmm?

Old 05-20-2016, 05:24 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
In the Trump world--that is not lying. It is 'hyperbole.' Hyperbole from the King of Hot Air.

You'd think that since Trump never ever stops talking about how rich he is, that he would just donate the rest of the money so his lies would not come to light. But, rumor has it that he's not all that generous with his own money. If he ever releases his tax returns, we will probably discover he gives nothing to charity.

Old 05-20-2016, 05:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
In the Trump world--that is not lying. It is 'hyperbole.' Hyperbole from the King of Hot Air.

You'd think that since Trump never ever stops talking about how rich he is, that he would just donate the rest of the money so his lies would not come to light. But, rumor has it that he's not all that generous with his own money. If he ever releases his tax returns, we will probably discover he gives nothing to charity.
I think that is exactly what we will find.

Trump is a liar and used Veterans for props.

Old 05-20-2016, 05:30 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Oh boy, the 5th or 6th thread about this.

Trump raised millions for charity including giving 1 million himself, and it isn't good enough for the anti-Trump crowd.

Old 05-20-2016, 05:47 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,098 times
He had $6M in commitments. How is he supposed to know who backs out?

Old 05-20-2016, 05:57 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
My understanding of the law is that if one pledges to a charity that's a legally enforceable contract under the tenet of promissory estoppel.

Old 05-20-2016, 05:57 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
He claims he is worth $10 billion, he surely could have made up the difference himself. But nope he didn't.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:01 PM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times
It does appear that Hillary bots have a problem with regurgitation. Someone said the 5th or 6h time on this one, it is probably more. I wish they would get a new script, because there is just no challenge here.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...undraiser.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ald-trump.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ent-trump.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...donations.html

OK, I got bored with looking but I think we have made our point. It has all been explained before. I mean, look at the caucuses and primaries, we did our homework and we voted. More votes to come for Trump.

I guess if I supported Hillary, I would be in a constant state of regurgitation too!

Old 05-20-2016, 06:08 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
How do we know this latest story of Trump's is actually the truth?

Also, has he actually given any of this money to the actual vets groups yet? If so, how much and to which ones? Last we heard about this, it did not appear that he had actually paid forward the money.

Or, even if this latest claim is true, did Trump just pocket the money for his campaign.

Certainly nobody should be expected to just take his word for any of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections