Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 02:28 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Hillary's efforts have generated more than Trump's (alleged) $4.5 million in benefits for veterans.

Correct The Record | HILLARY CLINTON: A RECORD OF SERVICE TO VETERANS
Passed legislation helping families care for veterans with traumatic brain injuries or post-traumatic stress disorder.
Worked to increase the survivor benefits for military families from $12,000 to $100,000
Teamed up with Republicans to expand health care for National Guard members and reservists.
Authored a new G.I. Bill of Rights to help veterans adjust and re-enter the workforce after deployment.
Fought to expand retirement pay and disability compensation for veterans disabled during their service.
Expanded the Family and Medical Leave Act to families of wounded service members.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/veterans/
As a senator and member of the Armed Services Committee, Hillary:
Increased assistance for families caring for veterans.
Expanded health care coverage for Reservists and National Guard members.
Protected family members caring for wounded warriors.
Supported survivors of fallen service members.
Joined efforts to build veterans rehabilitation center.
Hmm..this is an apples to oranges comparrison.

Trump, PERSONALLY donated $1 million dollars of his own money, skipped a debate to host a fundraiser for outr Vets.

Hillary on the other hand, passed a bill to use taxpayer money to help veterans, with no personal sacrifice from herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 02:32 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post

Trump, PERSONALLY donated $1 million dollars of his own money,
What evidence is there that Trump personally donated $1 million. His word?
Quote:
skipped a debate to host a fundraiser for our Vets.
He could gave done both and held the fundraiser before or after the debate. It was just grandstanding to do it on debate night.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:50 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobtHansen View Post
We know how much you've done for vets. Trump did what he could but in the thin minds of the left, this is somehow Trump's fault. Other than getting them killed, what's the fat cow, clinkton done for our troops and vets, hmmmmm?
You have no idea what I've done for vets. It is a lot more, and in a significantly more direct role than trump ever did. How much have you done for vets?. Ya might want to quit making assumptions about people with whom you disagree.

And, this thread is about trump's big claims, and, as a side note, about the dependability of his very rich friends.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:52 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
You have no idea what I've done for vets. It is a lot more, and in a significantly more direct role than trump ever did. How much have you done for vets?. Ya might want to quit making assumptions about people with whom you disagree.

And, this thread is about trump's big claims, and, as a side note, about the dependability of his very rich friends.
You have raised over $4.5 million for vets? Congrats, well done.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:53 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It does appear that Hillary bots have a problem with regurgitation. Someone said the 5th or 6h time on this one, it is probably more. I wish they would get a new script, because there is just no challenge here.

Veterans Group Won't Take Trump Fundraiser Donations
What happened to the $6 million Donald Trump claimed to have raised for veterans?
Organization that helps Homeless Veterans sent a Trump Bumper sticker after asking for Donation.
Trump and the millions of dollars in missing veterans donations

OK, I got bored with looking but I think we have made our point. It has all been explained before. I mean, look at the caucuses and primaries, we did our homework and we voted. More votes to come for Trump.

I guess if I supported Hillary, I would be in a constant state of regurgitation too!
Oh, but for this thread, the information came directly from trump's people. So, it can't possibly be regurgitation.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:10 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
His very rich friends are perhaps some very sneaky bastard.
They don't want to **** off the Democrats, in this case, Hillary Clinton because she still has a big chance to win.

No matter how much you want to put him down. He did raise 4.5mil for the veterans, maybe not 6, but good enough.

hillary clinton is a huge money making machine. what did she PERSONALLY do to help the veterans?

Old 05-21-2016, 03:12 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You have raised over $4.5 million for vets? Congrats, well done.
Where is the proof that he actually raised $4.5 million for vets? Surely you are not asking us to just blindly trust him about this. Are you?

Old 05-21-2016, 03:15 PM

Campaign manager Corey Lewandowski said the fundraiser actually netted about $4.5 million, or 75 percent of the total that Trump announced.

“There were some individuals who he’d spoken to, who were going to write large checks, [who] for whatever reason . . . didn’t do it,” Lewandowski said in a telephone interview. “I can’t tell you who.”

Even with the lower total, Trump’s fundraiser brought in millions of dollars for veterans’ charities. The Washington Post’s accounting, based on interviews with charities, has found at least $3.1 million in donations that have been made to veterans groups.

Trump said he raised $6 million for vets. Now, his campaign says it was less.

Trump did help veterans, I believe he will keep on doing so to make our military great again, shall I say? Make our veterans well taken care of again.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
You have no idea what I've done for vets. It is a lot more, and in a significantly more direct role than trump ever did.
Don't tell me you were in charge of VA.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:19 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Where is the proof that he actually raised $4.5 million for vets? Surely you are not asking us to just blindly trust him about this. Are you?
You still haven't bothered to read the article? Bezos' WaPo has verified at least $3.1 million so far that has been distributed.

Just a suggestion, try reading before posting in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections