Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 01:33 PM

26,062 posts, read 22,263,896 times

Advertisements

They can't discuss the issues at hand because Trump beats Hillary on them. Hillary does well on social issues but that won't save our country, and she uses those as a smoke screen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 02:20 PM

9,884 posts, read 11,013,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Trump is your man then.

Draft-Dodger Trump Said Sleeping Around Was My Personal Vietnam

“I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world. It is a dangerous world out there. It’s scary, like Vietnam. Sort of like the Vietnam-era,” Trump said in a video that resurfaced Tuesday on Buzzfeed, “It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier.”

BTW, Pres Clinton was very generous to Vets with the Tricare of Life Plan and drug benefit......surprised you hate him so much as a vet. Maybe you are one of the few vets who think that healthcare isn't a benefit for retired Soldiers but I'm pretty sure you've used it a great deal......President Clinton signed into law Oct. 30 a two-pronged health-care initiative for current and future Medicare-eligible military beneficiaries that has a vastly expanded prescription drug benefit and turns Tricare into a true cradle-to-grave benefit......
TOM PHILPOTT: Tricare benefits expansion now on the books
You obviously don't have a lot of experience with "Tricare for Life".
I most certainly do.
It is pretty much useless, especially if one has "Other Health Insurance" (OHI). Oh, yes, now and then they actually pay a few dollars. They are, however, pretty good with prescriptions.
Give it up. there is, quite simply and firmly, nothing you can say that will induce me to vote for the hilldebeast!

Old 05-23-2016, 02:29 PM

37 posts, read 45,935 times
When trump went to military school he got a blister on his trigger finger, hence the deferment.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:38 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,032,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I agree with you.

I admire both the people who served and those who refused or tried to get out of it.

The Vietnam War was a fraud perpetrated on the American people by their politicians -- just like every other war we've fought since WW II.

But I understand that a lot of people at the time were strongly patriotic and inclined to give those politicians the benefit of the doubt.
and they should have served! Even those who did not believe in the war; it they were called upon it was their duty. My brother served; my X fiancé's brother was killed, my X fiancée also served.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:42 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,032,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Yeah right. He is the most generous out of ANY candidate that has run in recent times. He paid off someone's mortgage for changing a tire on his limo, he sent his plane to pick up 200 stranded soldiers in the 90's. He's done more for more people than any politician ever.
so you believe everything you are told or you read right? Hell Elvis gave cars away and look at all the generosity Oprah has shown? That does make them patriotic, good or prepared to run our country.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,270,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yes, you are correct. IIRC, she even claimed to have visited a recruiting office, though there is no record of her having done so.

My father was a D-Day vet and his military records were destroyed in a fire at the National Archives in 1973. Thousands of WWII vets cannot go to the gov't and ask for proof they served. But Hillary, or the government, should be able to produce records of an inquiry made a recruiting center over 40 years ago....

Uh, huh.

Meanwhile....Trump can't even remember which foot it was that had the ouchie that was so bad it kept him from getting a free ticket to the jungle. In 1968. When fighting was fierce and there were massive protests in the streets over the draft and the war. Trumpy just can't remember back to 1968.....but he wants to make decisions about our military.

Uh, huh.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-23-2016 at 03:25 PM..

Old 05-23-2016, 03:47 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,545,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I'm sorry but nobody gives a Shiite about Vietnam service anymore
that's a bunch of B.S.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:49 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,545,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
You obviously don't have a lot of experience with "Tricare for Life".
I most certainly do.
It is pretty much useless, especially if one has "Other Health Insurance" (OHI). Oh, yes, now and then they actually pay a few dollars. They are, however, pretty good with prescriptions.
Give it up. there is, quite simply and firmly, nothing you can say that will induce me to vote for the hilldebeast!
I have a lot of experience with it from both sides as a provider and recipient.

And had Clinton not provided Tricare for Life there would be a lot of vets S.O.L over the last couple of decades.

Last edited by BucFan; 05-23-2016 at 03:58 PM..

Old 05-23-2016, 04:41 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,766,179 times
Trump called McCain a loser for getting captured while he was playing 18 holes like Rodney Dangerfield.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:15 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,740,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump called McCain a loser for getting captured while he was playing 18 holes like Rodney Dangerfield.
He did not call him a loser for getting captured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections