Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 05:21 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He did not call him a loser for getting captured.
He said he was a loser because he lost then he said"

“He’s not a war hero,” Trump said. Sarcastically, Trump quipped, “He’s a war hero because he was captured.” Then, he added, “I like people that weren’t captured.”

Then he attacked McCain for his grades. The video is below.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ed-in-vietnam/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 05:23 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
“He’s not a war hero,” Trump said. Sarcastically, Trump quipped, “He’s a war hero because he was captured.” Then, he added, “I like people that weren’t captured.”
Sure. Not once did he call him a loser. That is nonsense that you made up.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:27 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Sure. Not once did he call him a loser. That is nonsense that you made up.
Did you watch the video? He said didn't like McCain after he lost because he didn't like losers. Then he goes after McCain for his status as a war hero even though he got captured. I've posted the video, copied quotes and now practically transcribed it for you.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:26 PM

1,683 posts, read 814,010 times
Quote:
He said he was a loser because he lost then he said"

Then he attacked McCain for his grades. The video is below.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ed-in-vietnam/
I will say this about McCain. He allowed the party to force dim-witted Palin on him.

Than again, #DirtyDonald is already like a male version of her.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:50 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,446,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
ISIS is being dealt with. It seems as if you Trumpheads don't pay attention to the news.
Top U.S. general arrives in Iraq for update on ISIS campaign
Oh, so an update is "dealing with ISIS."

Mmkay....

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
veterans speaking out against Donald J. Tramp...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/08/us...p-ad.html?_r=0
You can always find a few veterans to say pretty much anything.

John Kerry is a veteran.

Ask his swift boat mates what they think of him...

Quote:
BTW, Pres Clinton was very generous to Vets with the Tricare of Life Plan and drug benefit......surprised you hate him so much as a vet.
Oh, yeah.

Veterans are getting great care.

They talk about that all the time in the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Still voting for Trump. Come on Hillary supporters.....I still can't remember when she or Bill served in the military.
Me neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and they should have served! Even those who did not believe in the war; it they were called upon it was their duty.
Why? Just because some old corrupt politicians wanted them to?

Was this country attacked? NO.

Quote:
My brother served; my X fiancé's brother was killed, my X fiancée also served.
That's fine, and I admire their patriotism.

But there are others who recognized that the Vietnam War was a fraud, just like Korea, and just like all of our other wars ever since.

We go around the world, kill people for no good reason, get nothing out of it, and then walk away and the enemy wins or it's a stalemate.

It's not our soldiers' fault. They are the best, and win every battle.

It's our politicians' fault, and after repeated fiascoes, it is time to wake up and smell the coffee.

They couldn't care less about you, our troops, or Americans in general.

Democrats and Republicans -- they are rotten to the core.

That's why we need a change. That's why we need Trump!

Quote:
Did you watch the video? He said didn't like McCain after he lost because he didn't like losers. Then he goes after McCain for his status as a war hero even though he got captured. I've posted the video, copied quotes and now practically transcribed it for you.
Getting captured doesn't make you a hero.

McCain and Kerry threw POW/MIA families under the bus.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:57 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,037,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump has never spent a moment of his life in service to others or to his country. He is truly the worst kind of human being, the very bottom of the barrel of self-serving losers.
Actually, that would be Hillary. According to her, she applied to the Marines, NASA, dodged sniper fire...the lies and just plain fantasy never ends with that old hag.

I once dreamed of marrying a prince. I'd fit right in with Hillary's political bent.

Hillary Clinton Says She Once Tried to Be Marine - NYTimes.com

Old 05-24-2016, 05:02 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,491,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Oh, yeah.

Veterans are getting great care.
Before jumping in on a discussion educate yourself. We're posting about Tricare Prime for Life for retirees. Before that, they had to pay for their own insurance or get space available care which could be thousands every month. You're talking about VA disability care, a totally different topic. If you served any amount of time in the military, you'd know the difference.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Before jumping in on a discussion educate yourself. We're posting about Tricare Prime for Life for retirees. Before that, they had to pay for their own insurance or get space available care which could be thousands every month. You're talking about VA disability care, a totally different topic. If you served any amount of time in the military, you'd know the difference.
So why didn't Billy-Boy Clinton take care of the disabled vets?

Hmm?

You would think taking that care of them would be his FIRST priority!

No?

Old 05-24-2016, 05:16 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,491,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
So why didn't Billy-Boy Clinton take care of the disabled vets?

Hmm?

You would think taking that care of them would be his FIRST priority!

No?
The current crisis with VA has occurred after GWB got us involved in Afghanistan and Iraq and has overwhelmed VA care. This post dates Clinton by a couple of decades. But you want to blame him anyway.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:27 AM

Quote:
The current crisis with VA has occurred after GWB got us involved in Afghanistan and Iraq and has overwhelmed VA care. This post dates Clinton by a couple of decades. But you want to blame him anyway.
So Clinton thought we would never fight another war?

It's all Bush's fault?

Why did the problem only come to light six years into the Obama Administration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections