Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2016, 06:28 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,547,492 times

Advertisements

Jackass Trump fails to unite the party in Washington state, even after he is the only candidate left in the race. This weekend at their state convention, Cruz won 40 out of 41 delegates.

Way to go, Donald.

There are a lot of Republicans who are not going to vote for this vile buffoon. He is a revolting person who has brought this rejection entirely on himself.

Quote:
Washington state Republican convention backs Cruz over Trump

Red Ted Cruz T-shirts outnumbered Trump ball caps on the convention floor at the TRAC Center, and supporters of the Texas senator won 40 of the 41 elected delegate slots for the Republican National Convention in Cleveland this summer — even though Cruz has dropped out of the race.

While GOP leaders stressed unity to defeat Democrats, including Hillary Clinton and Gov. Jay Inslee, some marquee statewide Republican candidates were declaring at the convention that they couldn’t vote for Trump — or were trying desperately to avoid the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 07:21 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,117,809 times
You left out one key part of the article.

All of Washington’s delegates are bound by party rules to cast national-convention ballots based on the results of Tuesday’s presidential primary, he noted.

With Cruz out of the race, Benton said he expects Trump to continue an unobstructed march to the nomination.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:36 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,348,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Jackass Trump fails to unite the party in Washington state, even after he is the only candidate left in the race. This weekend at their state convention, Cruz won 40 out of 41 delegates.

Way to go, Donald.

There are a lot of Republicans who are not going to vote for this vile buffoon. He is a revolting person who has brought this rejection entirely on himself.
If you're very conservative and don't vote for Donald Trump, you are a big fool.

Trump has paved the way for a chance of a very conservative nominee now. Nobody would have ever thought about nominating someone as conservative or an outsider like Ted Cruz. Cruz should be thanking trump.

Trump completely changed the GOP forever, and in 2024 very conservative voters have a great chance of winning now.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:03 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,465,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
If you're very conservative and don't vote for Donald Trump, you are a big fool.

Trump has paved the way for a chance of a very conservative nominee now. Nobody would have ever thought about nominating someone as conservative or an outsider like Ted Cruz. Cruz should be thanking trump.

Trump completely changed the GOP forever, and in 2024 very conservative voters have a great chance of winning now.
I doubt it.. Far right Conservatism is a dying breed.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:04 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,310,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I doubt it.. Far right Conservatism is a dying breed.
Thank God!

Old 05-23-2016, 08:22 AM

26,033 posts, read 22,225,100 times
The resurrection of Cruz, the "Dark Entity". The Cruz supporters here should form a support group.

One compulsive liar out of the way (Cruz) and one to go (Clinton). People lose faith in someone when they just can't tell the truth and claim to be something that they are not.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:41 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,547,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post

The only way that Trump can pave the way for a "very conservative nominee" is to withdraw from the race.

Both Trump and Clinton are symptoms of the disintegration of our society and anything even remotely resembling traditional American virtues, principles or values. These two represent the worst of what our country has to offer.

If you and others like you want to band together in a thuggish, lynch-mob style gang and frantically cheer as our country is defaced and torn down, then that is your choice. But I am certainly not going to voluntarily support this kind of societal vandalism.

No principled person will support either of the vile characters. And anyone who does is not a principled person.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:08 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,850,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Way to go, Donald.

Them's MY Peeps! God Bless them. I knew they would do the right thing. I have been keeping track of what would happen with my close friends and allies in the WA State GOP (at least for my county) and I expected this result. And they didn't let me down!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections