Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 07:56 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times

Advertisements

The truth about her needs to be told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 12:13 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Oh, I understand very well why Trump is popular. I have watched some of his recent campaign speeches in full via the internet. He is appealing to fed up white people, especially fed up older white people. The working classes that have been s*** on from a great height for a long time now.

I understand why they are fed up...... more than you probably realize. They are desperate for some honesty in politics, and for a man who calls a spade a spade. A man who will make America great again.

But, in reality, you and I know he isn't that man. As President he would get frustrated by politics, and the back scratching that has to be done, to achieve anything.

I believe he will get bored, and not have the determination to bring real change. This could only come from an overwhelming victory. He will not get this. The best that could be hoped for would be a similar victory that Kennedy got over Nixon.

The disappointment from Trump letting people down would be enormous, and would cause great damage. If Donald Trump was really the man America is needing and waiting for, I would cheer him to the rooftops.

America and the free world need a great leader at this perilous time. I wish Donald was that man, but he sadly isn't.
Per the bolded above^^^^ You are so very wrong, Dave. His appeal is far greater that "fed up white people". Don't believe everything you see in the MSM. From talking to others who live abroad, from reading the MSM, they come to some very wrong conclusions about Trump.

It isn't just "white people" that are fed up. Take a look at this, for an example.:

Diamond and Silk®

Old 05-28-2016, 11:50 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Per the bolded above^^^^ You are so very wrong, Dave. His appeal is far greater that "fed up white people". Don't believe everything you see in the MSM. From talking to others who live abroad, from reading the MSM, they come to some very wrong conclusions about Trump.

It isn't just "white people" that are fed up. Take a look at this, for an example.:

Diamond and Silk®
Hmmmmmmm......... yes, well that was an interesting video. But I still think the main base of support for Donald Trump is fed up, and angry white people. He is an interesting character because he isn't afraid of saying what he thinks, rather than what, as a candidate, is politically correct.

I think a lot depends on who stays home election day. He is fortunate to have a poor opponent, who doesn't exactly bring excitement to the campaign. Trump is a man used to winning, and he will do whatever it takes to win the Presidency. I think the campaign will be nasty from both sides for sure.

In the head to head television debates later this year, it will be interesting to see how Mrs Clinton comes across, and if she can fight her corner against a man who will try and make her look bad. Will Donald be able to contain himself, and concentrate on policy? I think the American people will expect more than, "I'm gonna build a wall, and it will be so beautiful.........."

She will need good advice in how to tackle this man in debate, and as Donald is very thin skinned, try and bring his aggressive, school boy bully nature to the fore. His background staff will do their best to try and make him Presidential. It'll be difficult because he likes to insult, and get a laugh from the public. He is very good at this.

Hang on tight....... it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Old 05-29-2016, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Hmmmmmmm......... yes, well that was an interesting video. But I still think the main base of support for Donald Trump is fed up, and angry white people. He is an interesting character because he isn't afraid of saying what he thinks, rather than what, as a candidate, is politically correct.

I think a lot depends on who stays home election day. He is fortunate to have a poor opponent, who doesn't exactly bring excitement to the campaign. Trump is a man used to winning, and he will do whatever it takes to win the Presidency. I think the campaign will be nasty from both sides for sure.

In the head to head television debates later this year, it will be interesting to see how Mrs Clinton comes across, and if she can fight her corner against a man who will try and make her look bad. Will Donald be able to contain himself, and concentrate on policy? I think the American people will expect more than, "I'm gonna build a wall, and it will be so beautiful.........."

She will need good advice in how to tackle this man in debate, and as Donald is very thin skinned, try and bring his aggressive, school boy bully nature to the fore. His background staff will do their best to try and make him Presidential It'll be difficult because he likes to insult, and get a laugh from the public. He is very good at this.

Hang on tight....... it's going to be a bumpy ride.

You still don't get it, Dave. Why is that?

What many of us like about him is that he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to address the elephant sitting in the room.

And, once again, Dave---it's not just "fed up, angry white people". It's all of us (no matter what our race, religion or ethnicity) who are fed up and angry. I'm a woman of Hispanic descent who is college educated and I support Trump.

The man is a billionaire, Dave. If he couldn't "contain himself", he wouldn't be where he is today. Of course we expect more than the wall. You said when I gave you the link that explains the Trump phenomenon that you understood. Clearly, you don't fully grasp it. That's understandable---you don't live here. Just as I wouldn't be able to fully grasp what is going on politically in England. I do know that your country has its share of troubles and hope that you (the collective "you"), too, can get past voting for those who are polished empty suits that are constrained by PC BS.

Old 05-29-2016, 12:13 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Lazy and broke Donald can't dredge up anything since the 1990s to campaign on.

Old 05-29-2016, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Lazy and broke Donald can't dredge up anything since the 1990s to campaign on.

Old 05-29-2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You still don't get it, Dave. Why is that?

What many of us like about him is that he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to address the elephant sitting in the room.

And, once again, Dave---it's not just "fed up, angry white people". It's all of us (no matter what our race, religion or ethnicity) who are fed up and angry. I'm a woman of Hispanic descent who is college educated and I support Trump.

The man is a billionaire, Dave. If he couldn't "contain himself", he wouldn't be where he is today. Of course we expect more than the wall. You said when I gave you the link that explains the Trump phenomenon that you understood. Clearly, you don't fully grasp it. That's understandable---you don't live here. Just as I wouldn't be able to fully grasp what is going on politically in England. I do know that your country has its share of troubles and hope that you (the collective "you"), too, can get past voting for those who are polished empty suits that are constrained by PC BS.
I feel I do understand Donald Trump's appeal. I am a fed up, angry English white man......... Yes, he will appeal to more than his core support, but will he get enough of the votes he needs from minorities? Do you see many Mexican-Americans voting for him? How many black voters will switch from Democrat to Republican? He needs a lot of those votes.

What works in business, isn't the same in politics. Like many successful businessmen, he shows many sociopathic traits. He is used to waving the big stick, and most of all winning. He says he can't be bought, and is too rich to be corrupt, which is part of his appeal.

He is coming at the right time, but is he the right man? I talk to Americans when I visit. I learn a lot listening to what folks have to say. In Las Vegas, when folks have had a few drinks, they let their guard down, and say more of what they really think. I visited earlier this year, and Trump is what they wanted to talk about.

I feel he has a mountain to climb, but would never say he can't do it. I do see through the polished empty suits, in your country and mine. But, when push comes to shove, and folks stare at that ballot paper, they are scared of real change. Donald Trump would be change like they have never seen before.

The people of Britain get to vote in a few weeks on whether to stay, or leave the EU. The scare tactics used by the stay campaign have been quite amazing, and it's not finished yet. I have sent off my postal vote, and I have put my cross in the 'leave' box. I am not afraid of a leap in the dark, but many are. Both here, and in America also.

Old 05-29-2016, 12:53 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter but spot on. In part this is why I am not a Hillary supporter either.
This ^^^^^

Old 05-29-2016, 01:01 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
This is NOT the '80's or '90's..and everything that Trump accuses Bill doing is actually pointing exactly what Trump did too.. Using their power and influence to fulfill their sexual fantasies. So have at it Trump..the more you point Bill's indiscretions ..the more you point out the fact you validate them..because you did exactly the same thing!!
Sorry, no. Trump has never been accused of being a guest on 'the pedophile's jet', whereas Slick Willie......

Old 05-29-2016, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Sorry, no. Trump has never been accused of being a guest on 'the pedophile's jet', whereas Slick Willie......
Boy, it's going to hit the fan this summer. The television ads will be brutal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections