Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 06:16 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times

Advertisements

Bernie Sanders knows the writing is on the wall. Here’s the proof.

By Greg Sargent May 23 at 9:21 AM

THE MORNING PLUM:
The sky-is-falling chorus let out a sustained wail this weekend, as new national polls showed the race between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump tightening. One survey suggests part of the reason may be that Bernie Sanders supporters are reluctant to back Clinton — raising the stakes around the question of what Sanders will do to swing his followers behind her if and when she wins the nomination, and whether he’ll draw this battle out all the way to the convention floor.

But Sanders himself knows he enters the post-voting phase of the primaries with a weak hand. This was made perfectly clear in an important exchange on CNN’s State of the Union. Questioned by Jake Tapper, Sanders first suggested the super-dels should perhaps shift the nomination to the person who trails in the pledged delegate count after the voting is over:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...res-the-proof/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 06:22 PM

491 posts, read 319,979 times
This is no surprise.

What happened is that the liberal elite entered into a collective panic (because of the damage he is causing Clinton) and began to trash him. In order to get him to drop out ASAP, the Democrats are giving him all sorts of concessions (such as pulling the party platform as far to the left as possible).

Old 05-24-2016, 10:52 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times
The Democratic party needs to give Bernie Sanders a pacifier to shut him up!

Old 05-24-2016, 10:55 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,835,449 times
A weak hand? He is the only one that can guarantee the outcome of the election - if he says he will be running independent if he is not the democratic nominee, he hands the election to trump.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:56 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,596,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
The Democratic party needs to give Bernie Sanders a pacifier to shut him up!
The old Clinton way of buying him out with hookers and blow didn't work.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:36 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
I hope Bernie does the right thing and campaigns to help the Dems win once he drops out.

But I fear he is creating so much bitterness he may very well end up costing the DEMs everything just to sooth his massive ego.

I really don't understand what he thinks we will gain by dragging everyone left in a nation that has a huge majority of right wing voters. (the USA is extremely right wing compared to the vast majority of the developed world)

Old 05-24-2016, 11:37 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I hope Bernie does the right thing and campaigns to help the Dems win once he drops out.

But I fear he is creating so much bitterness he may very well end up costing the DEMs everything just to sooth his massive ego.

I really don't understand what he thinks we will gain by dragging everyone left in a nation that has a huge majority of right wing voters. (the USA is extremely right wing compared to the vast majority of the developed world)
They said the same thing in 2008. It's honestly less bitter this year than then.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:45 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Bernie Sanders knows the writing is on the wall.

If it isn't written on the "Great Wall of Trump" no one will read it. Bernie has made his mark and Hillary wants him to go quietly into the long night of goodbye. As long as Bernie can continue to make history he should stay in the race. He still has cards to play.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:36 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Bernie Sanders knows the writing is on the wall.

If it isn't written on the "Great Wall of Trump" no one will read it. Bernie has made his mark and Hillary wants him to go quietly into the long night of goodbye. As long as Bernie can continue to make history he should stay in the race. He still has cards to play.
unfortunately the only cards he has to play are Top Trumps...

Old 05-25-2016, 05:34 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,511,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
He will.

Quote:
if you haven't noticed. This "bitterness" is in both parties Toward the "establishment" candidates as of late. Look there's more than a few Bernie supporters that were never going to vote for Hillary. We don't trust Her. The only reason why some of us were interested in this election cycle was because of Bernie. And yes there are some folk with in that group (group) that are overly passionate and have caused some Rucus. But I think at the end of the day there are enough Bernie supports that are willing to hold their nose to vote for her in order to keep as close to the a (short term) status quo and to shift the Supreme Court liberal.

Quote:
History shows societies change. Politics change. Even ideals change. Bernie believes he can pull the country politics left. I believe longer term the country is heading left. So we will endeavor to move a malleable society left. Both now and in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections