Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 08:57 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times

Advertisements

When Trump and Ryan met recently:

Quote:
According to a source in the room, Trump criticized Ryan’s proposed entitlement cuts as unfair and politically foolish. “From a moral standpoint, I believe in it,” Trump told Ryan. “But you also have to get elected. And there’s no way a Republican is going to beat a Democrat when the Republican is saying, ‘We’re going to cut your Social Security’ and the Democrat is saying, ‘We’re going to keep it and give you more.’ 
How to Get Trump Elected When He?s Wrecking Everything You Built

But none of y'all care. Of course not. Sad.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 09:03 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,504,856 times
I don't care .

Go Trump!

Old 05-28-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I don't care .

Go Trump!
Ah, but what if I told you he was transgender and gay? Or that he forced 4 of his "girlfriends" to have an abortion? Or that he really wants to impose gun control (remember, he tweeted that he agreed with Obama's sentiments after Newtown in 2012)? Or that he actually LOVES brown skinned people, especially the Mexicans and Muslims? Or that he told someone during a taped off-the-record conversation that the wall and the deportation roundups are total BS?

Still no, eh? That's what I thought.

Mick

Old 05-28-2016, 09:29 PM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
As I said on the last thread about Trump cutting social security, (about a month ago....so much for your "exclusive"), GOOD! I'm glad! This makes me support him even more! Social Security NEEDS to be cut, and people need to start doing their own investing and saving for retirement.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:33 PM

18,396 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
As I said on the last thread about Trump cutting social security, (about a month ago....so much for your "exclusive"), GOOD! I'm glad! This makes me support him even more! Social Security NEEDS to be cut, and people need to start doing their own investing and saving for retirement.
plenty of things to cut besides a senior's social security, money that was taken out of our paycheck for decades.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:35 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,822 times
Quote:

You should thank God that you had the extra income to invest. Millions of people in this country do not have that luxury and live paycheck to paycheck. Tell those people that they should starve when they get to 65 or so because they should have found a better paying job during their earning years.

Better watch 3wolves........God has a funny way of making us eat our words sometimes, and I hope you never get into a position where you need to rely on the money you paid into SS to survive. One major illness can wipe out a lifetime of savings real quick.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Yes, my "exclusive" from two days ago in a few publications . . .

That's fine for people who are 25, but not for the sorry people who are 64 and have negative net worth -- did you know that median American family has $5,000 in retirement savings?

Mick

Old 05-28-2016, 09:45 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
You should thank God that you had the extra income to invest. Millions of people in this country do not have that luxury and live paycheck to paycheck. Tell those people that they should starve when they get to 65 or so because they should have found a better paying job during their earning years.

Better watch 3wolves........God has a funny way of making us eat our words sometimes, and I hope you never get into a position where you need to rely on the money you paid into SS to survive. One major illness can wipe out a lifetime of savings real quick.
Wow. You just made me think of a person who used to post around here in the Politics area. He used to brag about his catastrophic insurance plan that was cheap, cheap, cheap, and how people didn't need to have better insurance -- and the next thing you know, he died! From what I remember, he died of pneumonia. He was only in his 40's so it was quite a shock. Then again, not really, because he didn't believe in health insurance, etc. He probably waited until he was super sick before going to the doctor and by then, it was too late.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:46 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
Where in the article does Trump state he is willing to cut social security, but we will find out after he is elected?

Old 05-28-2016, 10:06 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Yes, my "exclusive" from two days ago in a few publications . . .

That's fine for people who are 25, but not for the sorry people who are 64 and have negative net worth -- did you know that median American family has $5,000 in retirement savings?

Mick
Take it from somebody who is over 64 - Obama has taken money from Medicare and given it to Medicaid under Obamacare. Trump will reverse that. Obama has helped to bloat the SS Disability Program with Deadbeats that is driving Social Security into Negative Territory - Trump will reverse that.
Clinton says she will Double Down on ALL of Obama's programs - We have to stop that. One of the most harmful thing about the Obama/Clinton/Leftist plans is to make sure that the money that Seniors have SAVED to get them through their last years with Dividends on Investments gets TAXED to take away that cushion. Trump will reverse that.

That doesn't even scratch the surface about what most of us worry about most - What's going to happen to our kids and Grandchildren? Social Security is a Cash Cow for the Left and that needs to STOP. The one thing we know for sure is that NO Politician on either side of the aisle will do anything to hurt people already on Social Security - BUT all of us worry about the future for those behind us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections