Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2016, 10:16 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times

Advertisements

It was pretty awful. I had to turn it off halfway through.

On another note, someone on Trump's staff needs to let him know that it's the Ku Klux Klan, not the Klu Klux Klan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 10:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
So when did Trump start owning black people ??
When he realized how much they mattered.

[]

Old 06-03-2016, 10:23 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
The guy who even accepted that remark is an Uncle Ruckus. I wouldn't call him a "brother" if he's kowtowing for Trump.

So when a black guy says I'm his "n***a", it's not s nice compliment?

Old 06-03-2016, 10:25 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,029,646 times
I think the optics of it that is the problem. Maybe Trump isn't a racist, I'm not positive but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one, but as a minority myself, it made my skin crawl.

To me, my first reaction was it felt to be belittling and condescending as if he were referring to the possessive as a slave-owner would refer to his slave. I know I will get slammed for such an assumption but like most of what Trump says, the insensitivity of the comment doesn't feel right for those of us who think there should be some degree of "political correctness" from the leader of our country. I know millions of Americans want PC thrown out the window and we all go back to how it was 60-70 years ago when minorities were "kept in their place" but hopefully, those of us who are proud of the evolution this country has made in those 70 years, will prevail to a certain extent.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:26 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Did you cring when Biden said that Obama was clean and spoke well? Did you cringe when Bill Clinton said , Obama at one time would be carrying my luggage and bringing me coffee? Now if Trump said that , it would be worse than a cringe.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:29 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
This was such a bad remark from Trump. I'm surprised this African American accepted this dehumanizing comment. Hello Trump white folks don't own us anymore.

https://www.facebook.com/msnbc/videos/1201843696578547/
Of course not. Government owns them.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:32 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
I think the optics of it that is the problem. Maybe Trump isn't a racist, I'm not positive but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one, but as a minority myself, it made my skin crawl.

To me, my first reaction was it felt to be belittling and condescending as if he were referring to the possessive as a slave-owner would refer to his slave. I know I will get slammed for such an assumption but like most of what Trump says, the insensitivity of the comment doesn't feel right for those of us who think there should be some degree of "political correctness" from the leader of our country. I know millions of Americans want PC thrown out the window and we all go back to how it was 60-70 years ago when minorities were "kept in their place" but hopefully, those of us who are proud of the evolution this country has made in those 70 years, will prevail to a certain extent.
Oh knock it off. No one wants to go back to "keeping minorities in their place". The drama some of you people spew...GOD it's getting old.

People need to stop being delicate little flowers who get butthurt and offended over every last damn thing someone says. Here's the deal: You get offended.................and then what?

NOTHING.

Nothing happens. All that happens is you got offended. It's totally subjective, and you have every power in you to change how often you get offended. You getting offended is YOUR problem, no one elses.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:42 PM

465 posts, read 257,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh knock it off. No one wants to go back to "keeping minorities in their place". The drama some of you people spew...GOD it's getting old.

People need to stop being delicate little flowers who get butthurt and offended over every last damn thing someone says. Here's the deal: You get offended.................and then what?

NOTHING.

Nothing happens. All that happens is you got offended. It's totally subjective, and you have every power in you to change how often you get offended. You getting offended is YOUR problem, no one elses.
Something will happen, alright. Trump will lose.

If you think that absolutely nothing is wrong with what Trump said, try going to work or church, and greeting the next Black person you see by saying "hi my African-American!"

Come back and tell us what HR said if you still have a job after that. There's a reason we don't all go around greeting each other by saying "Hey Whitey!" "Hey Blacky!" There's no reason to greet someone in that manner unless race is the ONLY thing you see.

Demanding respect is not being butthurt. You want the right to be disrespectful and nasty without consequence, and life just doesn't work that way.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:52 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
Something will happen, alright. Trump will lose.

If you think that absolutely nothing is wrong with what Trump said, try going to work or church, and greeting the next Black person you see by saying "hi my African-American!"

Come back and tell us what HR said if you still have a job after that. There's a reason we don't all go around greeting each other by saying "Hey Whitey!" "Hey Blacky!" There's no reason to greet someone in that manner unless race is the ONLY thing you see.

Demanding respect is not being butthurt. You want the right to be disrespectful and nasty without consequence, and life just doesn't work that way.
I'm not black and I was shocked. You could not say that in corporate America. This idea that treating people with respect is just being PC and the most offensive person is the most authentic, now that is getting old.

People should start addressing Trump by the words that immediately come to mind, whatever they are. And if he complains, they can say "hey I was just being non-PC". See how long Trump takes being treated in such a way.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:58 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
I think Trump is senile. I think he meant to say "look at my African American friend" but his losing his marbles and his verbal skills.

Dementia runs in his family. People are not noticing because Trump acts out often but his behavior is not normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections