Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 10:44 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times

Advertisements

Now since Trump has his own African American all Republicans are going to want one, that is, just one. Better get one before the price goes up.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 06-04-2016 at 11:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 10:50 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
A judge can't be recused because of race, sex or religion and Trump's lawyers know that. He's a whiny little boy who has just shown how truly racist and stupid he himself truly is.
the fact that the judge voluntarily participates in and therefore supports race and ethnic-based activity IS relevant, just as it would be relevant, for example, if a discrimination case brought by a black plaintiff against a white defendant were put before a judge who in his spare time participates in deliberate and self-defined whites-only activities.

While it is probably not unlawful for a judge to participate in a race or ethnic based professional group, it is clearly not appropriate - and by any common sense measure, taints the judge's impartiality in matters involving race, gender, ethnicity, etc.

End of story. The pro-Clinton media can twist it to look however it wants. I understand they want Clinton to win. Most people are too lazy to read the whole story, which is fine.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:50 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
It's weird...I work with a Mexican, some blacks and some whites in an all-guy blue collar setting. This is my retirement job at age 59, as I collect a pension, and some of these guys are more than half my age. These are all a great bunch and I love them all, hang out with them and have had them all to my home for summer BBQ's, holidays, etc. I am not their manager or supervisor...just an older co-worker.

Anyway, we often greet each other in the morning like "What Up ,My N----?". We make racial jokes all the time, as the Mexican wants to be known as Hawaiian and they joke on my extreme whiteness. We all laugh about it and have a great time with it, as much of our waking time is together working. I was at one the black guys wedding last summer. The DJ went around with a mic asking if anyone wanted to say anything at to the bride-and-groom. As the "senior" member of the work group, I felt I should. My wife and I were about the only white people amongst 100+ black people - originally from down in NYC (there may have been one other white couple somewhere in the group.) Anyway, I start by introducing myself..."Hi, I'm xyz, I work with abc, and I can see that I'm about the only white brotha in this group." It gets a HUGE laugh, and then I finish my best wishes and congratulation to Mr & Mrs ABC. Well, from that point on...people kept acknowledging me as their white brotha and fully accepted and joked about my whiteness. Heck, as they poured me drink-after-drink...I was affectionately known as their "N----" (their own words) by the end of then night.

When you get to know a person, no matter what race they are...it's the inside that counts. I do not believe that Trump is racist, nor had any malicious intent by his reference.

Go Trump!

Old 06-04-2016, 11:35 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
if he had instead said 'my african American supporter' - would the loons still be screeching and frothing?
i don't think so.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:41 AM

99,563 posts, read 4,492,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Hillary hates America like most of her supporters, she represents low lives that spit on cops, and destroy people's property. They stomp on cars and burn the American flag. This makes it clear that Trump is the only choice this year.
You're overdosing on Sean Hannity again.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:44 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
the fact that the judge voluntarily participates in and therefore supports race and ethnic-based activity IS relevant, just as it would be relevant, for example, if a discrimination case brought by a black plaintiff against a white defendant were put before a judge who in his spare time participates in deliberate and self-defined whites-only activities.
Dude, this is NOT a discrimination case!!

This is a case against Trump University.

How could someone's race be a factor? Were Trump University targeting only Latinos? No. Were all the Trump instructors Latinos? No. Is there anything about this case that has anything to do with race?? No.

So WTF? The only reason race comes up is because the Orange Idiot made it so.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:45 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Now since Trump has his own African American all Republicans are going to want one, that is, just one. Better get one before the price goes up.
The left say the most racist comments like the one above.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:46 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
A judge can't be recused because of race, sex or religion and Trump's lawyers know that. He's a whiny little boy who has just shown how truly racist and stupid he himself truly is.
But doesn't one have a point when documentation shows the judge helped give illegal aliens scholerships (illegal, ie broke the law by crossing our border illegally)scholarships? Now this is a judge who is suppose to be one of the main individuals in our nation who upholds the rule of law mind you:

WOW: Trump Hatin' "Mexican Judge" Awarded Scholarships To Illegal Immigrants - GotNews

Trump Hating

So in the end, connect the dots where trump stands on this....we have a judge who by documentation appears to be sympathetic towards illegal aliens. We have trump who wants to build a wall/get tough on illegals crossing over here. Now do the math why trump is saying what he's saying/believes he can't get a fair shake from the guy being on the bench for his trial. And more importantly, put your trump/clinton/whoever bias aside and think how YOU would feel if you were on trial in this case and this guy was on the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
And hillary panders to blacks/makes insensitive/racist comments with hot sauce and makes racist jokes with the NYC mayor:

Hillary Clinton blasted by black democratic over 'hot sauce' remarks | Daily Mail Online

Clinton, de Blasio make racial joke - Business Insider

And comments like this(!):

Hillary Clinton: Let's Be Honest, Black Men In Hoodies Are Scary

And the racist undertones of her 2008 campaign:

Hillary Clinton needs to address the racist undertones of her 2008 campaign

Let me know if you need more examples. Helps to keep the thread more balanced.

Last edited by stevek64; 06-04-2016 at 11:57 AM..

Old 06-04-2016, 11:53 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Dude, this is NOT a discrimination case!!

This is a case against Trump University.

How could someone's race be a factor? Were Trump University targeting only Latinos? No. Were all the Trump instructors Latinos? No. Is there anything about this case that has anything to do with race?? No.

So WTF? The only reason race comes up is because the Orange Idiot made it so.
Calm down, no reason to get nasty.

The judge participates in race and ethnic based activity. With a normal defendant the judge would have no idea of his political views. But the defendant in the case is Donald Trump. Trump wants to build a wall in between the United States and Mexico. The judge may not be impartial.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:02 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
if he had instead said 'my african American supporter' - would the loons still be screeching and frothing?
i don't think so.
You're making the point for those who you think are "loons." Trump isn't presidential and never will be. Adding the word "supporter" at the end changes the meaning of the entire sentence to 'there's a black supporter in the audience' while, "Look at my African American" denotes ownership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections