Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 11:00 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
For the record, I do hate Trump's appearance, but that's not why I'm voting for Hillary.

Trump does not believe in the rule of law. Indeed, I don't think he even understands what the phrase means. Nor does he have any appreciation for the Constitution. If he did, he would not have threatened journalists with law suits, or claimed the duly appointed federal judge on his case is biased because of his Mexican heritage, or encourage his followers to attack protesters.

Hillary will not attack the Second Amendment. Obama hasn't and she won't either. She may advocate for safety mechanisms on guns, or not allowing people on the no-fly-list to own guns, but nothing she has said indicates that she intends to take away the guns of any law-abiding citizen.

Trump may claim that he's going to bring jobs back, but actions speak louder than words. He's outsourced his clothes manufacturing business to China and Mexico. Why should I believe what he has to say about outsourcing jobs?

And besides all that, Trump is embarrassing and I cringe at the thought of him representing the U.S. abroad. He's a braggart and a boor. When threatened or crossed, he goes for the lowest possible blow. And he's downright stupid about foreign policy, alienating allies and cuddling up to dictators.

I have a hard time believing even the most diehard conservative thinks Trump would make a good president.
It's very interesting that the bolded is the only issue that you can attribute favorably the Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 11:05 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
According to the OP, you have to vote for Trump if you are white--lol. But they still claim Trump is not the bigots' candidate?

Guess what? Trump is offending more and more white people (along with everyone else) every day.
I'm a nazi and now I'm a bigot...lol...you guys kill me! Try addressing the OP for once in your life, instead of personal attacks.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:06 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Kudos to you for admitting that you hang out with people who support open and unrepentant bigotry. If that was my group of family and friends I'd be ashamed to admit it. But hey, celebrate your bigotry!

The bigots candidate was made clear when Hilary's supporters surrounded a white woman and assaulted her, as others burned the american flag and stomped on cop cars.

They sure as hell cant point to Hillarys record of fraud and corruption in Washington the last 25 years.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:06 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
For the record, I do hate Trump's appearance, but that's not why I'm voting for Hillary.

Trump does not believe in the rule of law. Indeed, I don't think he even understands what the phrase means. Nor does he have any appreciation for the Constitution. If he did, he would not have threatened journalists with law suits, or claimed the duly appointed federal judge on his case is biased because of his Mexican heritage, or encourage his followers to attack protesters.

Hillary will not attack the Second Amendment. Obama hasn't and she won't either. She may advocate for safety mechanisms on guns, or not allowing people on the no-fly-list to own guns, but nothing she has said indicates that she intends to take away the guns of any law-abiding citizen.

Trump may claim that he's going to bring jobs back, but actions speak louder than words. He's outsourced his clothes manufacturing business to China and Mexico. Why should I believe what he has to say about outsourcing jobs?

And besides all that, Trump is embarrassing and I cringe at the thought of him representing the U.S. abroad. He's a braggart and a boor. When threatened or crossed, he goes for the lowest possible blow. And he's downright stupid about foreign policy, alienating allies and cuddling up to dictators.

I have a hard time believing even the most diehard conservative thinks Trump would make a good president.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-to-bear-arms/

"Hillary Clinton declined to say Sunday whether she believes in a constitutional right to bear arms, possibly opening the door to a fresh round of attacks from Donald Trump"

"In an interview on ABC's "This Week," Clinton deflected twice when she was asked whether she agrees with the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Second Amendment."

Old 06-07-2016, 11:08 AM

948 posts, read 921,778 times
Who are the 3rd party candidates?

Old 06-07-2016, 11:09 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post

"Hillary Clinton declined to say Sunday whether she believes in a constitutional right to bear arms, possibly opening the door to a fresh round of attacks from Donald Trump"

"In an interview on ABC's "This Week," Clinton deflected twice when she was asked whether she agrees with the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Second Amendment."
Yet she walks around with armed guards.

Hey Hillary. Take the guns from the criminals first, then I will give you mine.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:14 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
It's very interesting that the bolded is the only issue that you can attribute favorably the Hillary.
Well, in your OP you said that people who believed X,Y and Z had no choice but to vote for Trump. I'm showing you why I disagree with that.

I'm a Bernie supporter, but will happily vote for Hillary in November. Voting for Trump is unthinkable for the reasons I listed, as well as many more.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:14 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Yet she walks around with armed guards.

Hey Hillary. Take the guns from the criminals first, then I will give you mine.
What's sad is we have people voting for her/supporting her without even understanding what the lady stands for. We have a few people on this thread who think she's a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment, thinks illegal aliens aren't criminals, etc.

I guess it comes down to the matter that some vote based strictly on D or R, in this election cycle, by sex(she's a woman!), or ethnicity/race as more than a few certainly can't even express what these people stand for, at least what they say they stand for, most recently. How sad.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:15 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
The bigots candidate was made clear when Hilary's supporters surrounded a white woman and assaulted her, as others burned the american flag and stomped on cop cars.
You poor thing. Still haven't gotten that Marco Rubio Software Malfunction fixed, huh?

Old 06-07-2016, 11:18 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
hmmm, that's kind of odd. In my circle of friends, I can think of six or seven right off the bat who are white, pro law enforcement, anti-illegal "criminal," against outsourcing, respect the 2nd amendment and they all are voting for Hillary in November.
I cannot help asking, "Why?" She is against everything you say they are for??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections