Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2016, 03:11 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times

Advertisements

Well, I can only speak for myself being gay but I know quite a few other gay people that want nothing to do with Hillary and are voting for Trump. BTW, the track record of GOP politicians is a thing of the past. This is 2016, not 1973. The GOP is far more encompassing than liberals want to admit and that's without the fear mongering the Dems use to gain votes, much like you are doing now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 03:38 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,636,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Well, I can only speak for myself being gay but I know quite a few other gay people that want nothing to do with Hillary and are voting for Trump. BTW, the track record of GOP politicians is a thing of the past. This is 2016, not 1973. The GOP is far more encompassing than liberals want to admit and that's without the fear mongering the Dems use to gain votes, much like you are doing now.
The Dems don't have to engage in fear mongering to get gay votes. All gay voters have to do is look at the Republican track record, which is terrible in regards to gay issues because the GOP panders to the votes of Bible humping fundies who think gays are an abomination.

How many other gay people do you know? 15-20 maybe? About 1.7% of the US population identifies as gay. That's almost 5.5 million people. If 5% of those gay people vote Republican, that's about 275,000 people. Seems like a lot (especially if you are running across them on conservative sites) but in reality it is a minuscule segment of the gay population.

Old 06-08-2016, 03:41 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
The Dems don't have to engage in fear mongering to get gay votes. All gay voters have to do is look at the Republican track record, which is terrible in regards to gay issues because the GOP panders to the votes of Bible humping fundies who think gays are an abomination.

How many other gay people do you know? 15-20 maybe? About 1.7% of the US population identifies as gay. That's almost 5.5 million people. If 5% of those gay people vote Republican, that's about 275,000 people. Seems like a lot (especially if you are running across them on conservative sites) but in reality it is a minuscule segment of the gay population.
This is not a normal election year and Trump is gay friendly. People don't only vote by party affiliation. You'd be surprised. I never said he was going to get the vast majority of the gay vote, but he's going to get a lot more than you think he is.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:23 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
As I said in the OP, Gays are flocking to Trump. Hillary has nothing for them.

BREAKING: After Gay Club Massacre - Phoenix LGBT Officially ENDORSES TRUMP

Crooked Hillary has been an enemy of Gays & Lesbians. Trump supports them.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:26 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

Poor Hillary another mistake. She waited to long to see which way the wind was blowing. Trump had nothing against gays ever.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:28 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:

Fake account with 5 tweets, all after the Orlando attack.

lol

Mick

Old 06-13-2016, 12:29 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,322 times
Quote:

and we're all still waiting for you to provide the numbers

Old 06-13-2016, 12:29 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
and we're all still waiting for you to provide the numbers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Fake account with 5 tweets, all after the Orlando attack. Mick
My account here isn't fake. In fact, I've been here longer than you.

Of course Hillary supporters only know personal attack as response.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:34 PM

I think Mr. Trump is LGBT-neutral, at least. I haven't really heard him say anything degrading about them.

However, we know from his list of possible nominees that he will appoint a hardcore righty or two to the Supreme Court. As a result, the SCOTUS can easily overturn Obergefell, Lawrence, etc. Vote at your own risk. I am sure the Democrats will drive this point home after the conventions.

But at the end of the day, LGBT comprise of estimated 1-2% of the US population, and they will, at worse, vote 50-50 for our candidates, their votes are not likely to affect the outcome.

Mick

Old 06-13-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
My account here isn't fake. In fact, I've been here longer than you.

Of course Hillary supporters only know personal attack as response.
Wut? I am talking about the Twitter account you mentioned for LGBT Phoenix.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections