Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 07:04 PM

1,683 posts, read 810,688 times

Advertisements

However he is MUCH more against what donna j tramp stands for. By miles. By light years.

Last edited by BeeHoyal; 06-24-2016 at 07:55 PM..

Old 06-24-2016, 07:22 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
While the republican party struggles with turmoil... manipulation of convention rules, down-ballot candidates in serious trouble... etc. The opposite will be the case in Philadelphia.

Bernie Sanders says he'll vote for Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders says he'll vote for Hillary Clinton
Some of Bernie's supporters will not like it, in my opinion, and won't switch to Hillary. They certainly won't vote for Trump. They were a lot of naive, idealistic, non-voting young people anyway ... they would not have made any kind of significant difference in November anyway.

This is not a 'slam-dunk' for Hillary, and the Democrats would be foolish to start victory parties now. However this was an obstacle for Hillary and she prevailed in the end.

I'm hoping those people who are angry and frustrated with either the Republican or Democratic candidates will consider voting for Gary Johnson or Jill Stein. The two establishment parties need to have their feathers ruffled.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:52 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,551,122 times
His lobbyists want him to stay in, so he's staying in.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:01 PM

1,683 posts, read 810,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Some of Bernie's supporters will not like it, in my opinion, and won't switch to Hillary. They certainly won't vote for Trump. They were a lot of naive, idealistic, non-voting young people anyway ... they would not have made any kind of significant difference in November anyway.

This is not a 'slam-dunk' for Hillary, and the Democrats would be foolish to start victory parties now. However this was an obstacle for Hillary and she prevailed in the end.

I'm hoping those people who are angry and frustrated with either the Republican or Democratic candidates will consider voting for Gary Johnson or Jill Stein. The two establishment parties need to have their feathers ruffled.
Johnson and Stein? Neither will get to 15% in the polls so they won't be in the debates and thus will only be bit players... however... a vote for Johnson or a vote for Stein is a vote trump doesn't get, thus in a way, helping HRC.

Look, she is going to win. The electoral college total won't be close.

If the the popular vote breaks down roughly something like...

Hillary 45%

trump 39%

Johnson 10 or 11%

Stein 5 or 6%

(there is a good chance it will end up like this)

The electoral college will be like 340-ish for HRC and 190-ish for tramp. Maybe Johnson can debate Stein on a UHF station somewhere.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:13 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times
She's going to win big, in the electoral college. Not a landslide, but definitely a sizeable margin. It will be 60-40 or even better.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:21 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Actually, her supporters are smart enough to not fall for the brain washing and know she's been the most honest of the candidates

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ntial-candida/

The Final Five -- on the Truth-O-Meter | PolitiFact Wisconsin

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-jill-abramson

Kevin Drum - March 2016 | Mother Jones

But hey, why look at facts when you can repeat memes, amirite?
As I said....... (I've covered most of those before) Like where they make the claim that the polls show Sanders is stronger than Hillary is a lie. They do.

Old 06-25-2016, 05:34 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Damn him for standing up for the Constitution.
Pull out your pocket copy of our Constitution's Bill of Rights and ask yourself what part of well-regulated militia involves letting terrorists buy guns without so much as a background check? That's the gun lobby, not the Bill of Rights.

Founders were concerned about having a standing army. Feared it would mean the U.S would get involved in all sorts of nonsense that had nothing to do with protecting the homeland.

And for those who fear the government would turn on them, imagine if you will the Bundy crowd fighting off a Special Forces team with drones. The very thought of it is ludicrous.

As Molly Ivins used to say, "You got to dance with the guy what brung you." and the gun lobby brought Bernie to the dance.

Lot of politicians dancing to that establishment tune.

Old 06-25-2016, 05:36 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As I said....... (I've covered most of those before) Like where they make the claim that the polls show Sanders is stronger than Hillary is a lie. They do.
Polls also showed that Mitt would win last time around and we all know how that went.

Old 06-25-2016, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Pull out your pocket copy of our Constitution's Bill of Rights and ask yourself what part of well-regulated militia involves letting terrorists buy guns without so much as a background check? That's the gun lobby, not the Bill of Rights.
IF they are terrorists what the hell are they doing here in the first place? We are talking secretive lists. We have NO idea why people are on there. We are saying you are guilty before proving you guilty of anything. If there is a reason to suspect someone either charge them or kick them out.

"Terrorists" can kill no matter what laws we pass. Are we stopping people on the no fly list from buying fertilizers? "Terrorists" are unable to get someone get them a gun?

Quote:
Founders were concerned about having a standing army. Feared it would mean the U.S would get involved in all sorts of nonsense that had nothing to do with protecting the homeland.
They did no such thing. They feared that of the government but not the people and where the government is concerned they are correct.

Quote:
And for those who fear the government would turn on them, imagine if you will the Bundy crowd fighting off a Special Forces team with drones? It's ludicrous on the face of it.

As Molly Ivins used to say, "You got to dance with the guy what brung you." and the gun lobby brought Bernie to the dance.

Lot of politicians dancing to that establishment tune.
As I've already pointed out, Afghanistan has held off both the U.S. and the Soviet Union despite being under armed.

Old 06-25-2016, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Polls also showed that Mitt would win last time around and we all know how that went.
Whether they are right or wrong wasn't what was questioned and from what I remember no poll ever said that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections