Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 10:22 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times

Advertisements

trump isn't asking for or raising money from ordinary people because, ultimately, they are invisible to him.

he only sees them as a faceless conglomeration of people who stoke his ego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 10:24 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
The Trump fan base was under the impression that he was going to give them money.

Seriously--I watched a focus group when he started running and more than one person said they were voting for him because he is a billionaire and they wanted to be rich too.

Little did they know he wasn't going to really prove he is a billionaire because of his 'audit.' Right.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:24 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
So, by now you have read that Mr. Trump had only $1.28 million on hand. It got me thinking. Mr. Trump has a legion of passionate supporters. He can tap into that for fundraising. He must have raised a lot of money from small donations, I thought. So I looked it up on OpenSource.org, which stated:

Amount of Small Donations in 2016
Bernie Sanders: $130 million
Hillary Clinton: $45 million
Ben Carson: $37 million
Ted Cruz: $35 million
Marco Rubio: $14 million
Donald Trump: $12 million

Dayum. C'mon guys, send some money! Don't be cheap, America's future depends on it. Or something.

Mick
The people voting for Trump are too dump to figure out how to donate, much less, have the money to do so.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:27 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,040,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The Trump fan base was under the impression that he was going to give them money.

Seriously--I watched a focus group when he started running and more than one person said they were voting for him because he is a billionaire and they wanted to be rich too.

Little did they know he wasn't going to really prove he is a billionaire because of his 'audit.' Right.
This reminds me of the obamaphone lady rant.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:28 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Trump should go after the 12 million people that voted for him like he goes after the leaders and the media. He should call them a bunch of cheap skates and losers with small hands and Benedict Arnold"s who are traitors to making America great again. Trump should brow beat his supporters and convince them that they need to send a measly 10 bucks a month giving him 120 million a month where he at least he can compete with the big money backing Hillary.

Trump should tell them you either believe in making America great again or you don't then try to force them to donate and make them buy a hat why he is at it. Instead Trump is meeting with the Koch"s and waiting for {R} party money, sure signs of a outsider
Oh, man, can you imagine Trump's CONCESSION SPEECH !!! I bet he will start out by saying they gave it a great race, but then the old Donald will kick in high gear, and he will be calling for recounts, and saying the media and ISIS were involved in killing his run.

Trump will definitely not be a big man and do the classy thing. Oooops ! I used Trump and classy in the same sentence.........THAT never happens. Sorry.

Don

Old 06-21-2016, 10:37 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,087 times
“the most successful introductory fundraising email in modern political history”

Old 06-21-2016, 10:42 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Something about donating to Donald Trump of all people seems absurd. His supporters were led to believe he didn't need anyone's money - he was going to use his own.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:59 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
“the most successful introductory fundraising email in modern political history”

I thought it was a joke. But it's not.

1. Is he going to give the matching funds to the campaign outright , or is it going to be a "loan."? If it's a loan, it's not a matching donation.

2. Why is he capping it at $2 million? Is he afraid that his supporters would give $1 billion? Confusing.

3. I would be curious to see if he can indeed raise $2 million + $2 million in the next 48 hours.

Mick

Old 06-21-2016, 11:21 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,223,598 times
He is. That is the money he is funneling into his own pockets. I feel bad for everyone else that he is running up debts with on his campaign as they'll probably never see a dime.

Old 06-21-2016, 11:24 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Presidential Candidates with MORE money on hand than Donald.

Meet the GOP presidential candidates with more cash on hand than Donald Trump – twitchy.com

Ben Carson ($1.7M)
Ted Cruz ($6.8M)
Bernie Sanders ($9.2M)

Bernie has more cash on hand than the entire GOP field!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections