Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2016, 05:18 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,308,171 times

Advertisements

It's so rare for another conservative to be honest about the total unadulterated bull**** that Rush Limbaugh peddles to his minions daily. Leon Wolf of Redstate does just that.

Quote:
LEON WOLF: I dunno, I guess part of Limbaugh's schtick has always pretty much been to give good news even when there's none to be had I remember in 1996 that he was trying to tell us all how Bob Dole was going to surprise people even though Dole was doomed before the convention gavel even came down. So it's not really all that surprising to see that Trump is out there painting it as a good thing that Trump is only down 6-10 point instead of being down by 30 or 40 points.
Quote:
RUSH: Hey, look, folks, I don't care how you slice it out there, there's a degree of panic and concern on the Democrat side about Trump versus Hillary. And I have the telltale signs to back that up. They've got this CNN poll out there, and they're not happy about it. Now, the Drive-Bys are trying to present it as though it is just wonderful news for Hillary, but it isn't. When you factor everything in, it is not good news, and if you go to the right places in the Drive-By Media, you will see that certain members give it all up, give it away. The way to look at this is, given the apparent...

See, everything here is "apparent." Everything is being... They're judging Trump by the same old standards that you judge every other normal politician by. You can't do that. So they're looking at Trump and the fact that he doesn't have any money compared to Hillary. They're looking at Trump and they don't see a campaign organization.

Then they go to the Republican side and they see that there's a near mutiny in there at the convention. They're still plotting ways to overthrow Trump. Given that, Hillary ought to be up 70-30, and she's barely up above the margin of error -- and, in certain areas of the CNN/ORC poll, Trump is cleaning her clock. This poll is not satisfying. It is not uplifting. It is not pleasing to the Democrats. They're only acting like it is. And I tell you, here's the dead giveaway. This is a CNN headline on their own poll.

"Clinton Tops Trump But Neither Prompts Excitement." That's the dead giveaway that this is not going the way the Democrats thought it would go. They have been thinking since last June... The Democrat side, now, and some of the establishment Republicans, who cannot take themselves out of the mold. They cannot get themselves outside the box and look at this in the right way. They've never been able to. You can't plug Trump into the standard, ordinary, everyday procedures of party politics. But they're trying to. And when they do, of course Trump looks terrible, when you plug him into that playbook.

But the polls are not showing that. Now, as I say, the way they're writing the polls would make the average, ordinary low-information voter think it looks bad.
Quote:
LEON WOLF: Ah, see, everything is going great in Trumpland, it's the Hillary camp that's in panic. The tricksy polls are designed to fool the "low information voter" that the race looks bad but you, as a seasoned and much more intelligent Rush Limbaugh listener can know the truth - Trump is in the driver's seat in this thing.

Except, you know who doesn't believe that? Donald Trump. If he did believe it, he wouldn't have unceremoniously thrown Corey Lewandowski out on his butt yesterday. If he believed it, he would not have finally come out and begged his supporters to donate today. If he believed it, he would not have gone completely twitter silent about both Lewandowski and the horrible barrage of news about his campaign's money woes.

Rush is at his best when he's talking about what conservatives should think and believe. When he delves into actual electoral politics, he is often "too cute by half" and that's way too generous when Trump is involved. Not even Trump believes what he's selling now - at least, not really.
Rush Limbaugh Now Selling Trump Propaganda that Even Trump Doesn't Buy | RedState
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 05:25 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,819,165 times
Rush Limbaugh always does that stuff though. What else is new.

Old 06-21-2016, 05:33 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,833,000 times
Limbaugh treats his listeners like morons.

Limbaugh: Romney Will Win in a Landslide - Fox Nation

They love to be lied to. They crave it. They want someone to tell them blatant nonsense so they can hide from the reality that they despise. Limbaugh happily obliges.

This is also why they're so dumbfounded by the real world. Even though on some level they know that Limbaugh is spewing nonsense, they also believe it. Those polls showing President Obama winning? Skewed! Obama's approval rating? Falsified! Romney's chances of victory? All but certain!

Then Election Day rolls around and Obama wins by 4%, and very easily in the Electoral College. The Dittoheads were astonished. Stunned. Utterly baffled. They live in a fantasy world, a bubble created by Limbaugh and the like - Glenn Beck, the Fox News bunch, every half-assed crank spewing nonsense out of the radio.

This election? No different. Limbaugh is serving the orange-flavored Kool-Aid and they're chugging it straight from the pitcher.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:47 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,304,121 times
What is the outrage? After weeks of going on and on about Trump's implosion and how he is down by 15 points, we wake up this morning to the national poll putting Hillary outside the margin by 1 point and a tie in PA and Ohio. All this while Trump supposedly "blew" Orlando.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:08 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,787,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Limbaugh treats his listeners like morons.

Limbaugh: Romney Will Win in a Landslide - Fox Nation

They love to be lied to. They crave it. They want someone to tell them blatant nonsense so they can hide from the reality that they despise. Limbaugh happily obliges.

This is also why they're so dumbfounded by the real world. Even though on some level they know that Limbaugh is spewing nonsense, they also believe it. Those polls showing President Obama winning? Skewed! Obama's approval rating? Falsified! Romney's chances of victory? All but certain!

Then Election Day rolls around and Obama wins by 4%, and very easily in the Electoral College. The Dittoheads were astonished. Stunned. Utterly baffled. They live in a fantasy world, a bubble created by Limbaugh and the like - Glenn Beck, the Fox News bunch, every half-assed crank spewing nonsense out of the radio.

This election? No different. Limbaugh is serving the orange-flavored Kool-Aid and they're chugging it straight from the pitcher.
Too bad they live in a fantasy world, but have a negative impact in the real one. As they go through the stages of grief they seem to get stuck in anger and never move on. Makes it hard for the rest of us not living in the bubble.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:12 PM

17,353 posts, read 11,316,686 times
I don't know what the problem is. No one makes anyone listen to him. Rush was the first to tell the conservative point of view and people listened by the millions. That's why the lefties hate him so much. Before Rush, there was no other point of view other than what liberals forced down everyone's throats through the one sided biased media. Too bad for you guys, you were never able to shut him up as hard as you tried, and you did try everything imaginable from trying to pass laws in Congress to trying to boycott his sponsors. None of it worked. Cry me a river.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:23 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,872,275 times
Years ago, I used to listen to Limbaugh while working in my shop. I actually thought it was a parody/comedy show ! No kidding, I never knew he was being serious ! Once I found out he WAS being serious, I couldn't take him any more and never listened since.

Don

Old 06-22-2016, 12:31 AM

29,220 posts, read 22,410,518 times
Rushbo has lost a lot of his Dittoheads over the past 18 months.
They got tired of his endless rambling, and his over the top Trump, Trump, Trump.

The losses started happening right after he got his cochlear implants; apparently, he can't hear anything that's said by another person through the headphones any more, so he wings it. He can't hear any callers any more, either. The crew had to install flashing alert lights on the board to tell him when to shut up for commercials.

Old 06-22-2016, 05:44 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,372,815 times
Rush and other radio heads play the same game every election. They will trash the front runner like McCain, Romney, and now Trump and then in the general run right into the corner of that candidate. If hypocrisy is a conservative value that Rush displays and teaches count me out. I think of Rush as a sheep herder and his main objective is to lead as many into the arms of the {R} party. Rush will stoop so low that he will happily polish a turd like Trump.

Looking at it another way Rush and Trump have one thing in common they are both carnival barkers. Rush is just starting to convince his base the conservative thing to do is support Trump and most will eat it up like a Philly steak sandwich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections