Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 06:48 AM
BVH

944 posts, read 606,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
If anyone just tuned in and has been living on a deserted island somewhere, and hasn't the slightest clue about either Obama or Hillary, all they have to do is take a look at their stances on the delegate debate involving Michigan and Florida.

Simply from this, they can discover that Hillary Clinton wants to break the party rules, include delegates from two states where the other candidates had pledged not to run in and campaign in. Barack's name wasn't even on the Michigan ballot and she wants these delegates to count? Hillary Clinton is nothing more than a low class, undignified, badly-conditioned flea market trash. What an incredible desperate shame she is turning out to be. She can't win delegates legitimately, so she has resorted to promising everything with the ability to deliver nothing, beg, cry, and steal. She's disgusting.

Barack. Dignified. Follows the rules. Didn't vote for the war. Transcends race. Fortified from a life of overcoming adversity as a black man. Supremely intelligent. His mind is far more nimble. Of the utmost integrity. Is married to a magnificent woman who exceeds both Bill and Hillary in every way. Is backed by people who know greatness in the poltical arena more than anyone: The Kennedys. Back by the man who should've been elected President in '04 and who turned out to be correct about Bush: John Kerry. Backed by the most enlightened, most progressive people in this country. Not favored by the rednecks, white trash, underachievers, and excuse-makers. A man of unmatched consciousness, awareness, and versatility. A man who started the campaign as someone not taken seriously but has emerged as the frontrunner and the candidate overwhemingly preferred.

Faced with such a superior adversary, hollow Hillary is showing her true colors. Pure trash.
I have never seen garbage spewed out of anybody else's mouth on city data like that that comes out of yours. You really need to go to an anger management class. What makes you feel that it is ok to talk like this? Just who in the hell do you think you ARE?

I have RARELY reported any posts. This is one that has been reported. You have a foul mouth and there is no room on this forum for this kind of unadulterated trash. This is a forum for ADULTS.

Last edited by BVH; 02-17-2008 at 07:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 06:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Heh, this should bring Obama some good publicity -- NOT!

Sharpton threatens march on DNC - UPI.com

I hope Rev. Al marches in full splendor and stirs up more racial controversy a la Tawana!
Hahaha.. "This smacks of the same stuff we accused the Republicans of in Florida in 2000 ... changing the rules," he was quoted as saying.

Republicans have been saying this for YEARS!! Looks like Sharpton's eyes are opening up.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:55 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times
Quote:
If anyone just tuned in and has been living on a deserted island somewhere, and hasn't the slightest clue about either Obama or Hillary, all they have to do is take a look at their stances on the delegate debate involving Michigan and Florida.

Simply from this, they can discover that Hillary Clinton wants to break the party rules, include delegates from two states where the other candidates had pledged not to run in and campaign in. Barack's name wasn't even on the Michigan ballot and she wants these delegates to count? Hillary Clinton is nothing more than a low class, undignified, badly-conditioned flea market trash. What an incredible desperate shame she is turning out to be. She can't win delegates legitimately, so she has resorted to promising everything with the ability to deliver nothing, beg, cry, and steal. She's disgusting.

Barack. Dignified. Follows the rules. Didn't vote for the war. Transcends race. Fortified from a life of overcoming adversity as a black man. Supremely intelligent. His mind is far more nimble. Of the utmost integrity. Is married to a magnificent woman who exceeds both Bill and Hillary in every way. Is backed by people who know greatness in the poltical arena more than anyone: The Kennedys. Back by the man who should've been elected President in '04 and who turned out to be correct about Bush: John Kerry. Backed by the most enlightened, most progressive people in this country. Not favored by the rednecks, white trash, underachievers, and excuse-makers. A man of unmatched consciousness, awareness, and versatility. A man who started the campaign as someone not taken seriously but has emerged as the frontrunner and the candidate overwhemingly preferred.

Faced with such a superior adversary, hollow Hillary is showing her true colors. Pure trash.
I completely agree. Did I miss something? Where is the foul language? I don't get it, but maybe part of it was erased.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:00 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,603,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I completely agree. Did I miss something? Where is the foul language? I don't get it, but maybe part of it was erased.

Not sure if I agree with the entire statement but I don't find it foul or vulger. Just an opinion being stated in my book. And, I do think Hillary may be behind this a bit as both Michigan and Florida had more delegates going for her and I believe Sharpton is in her camp.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:07 AM
BVH

944 posts, read 606,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
Not sure if I agree with the entire statement but I don't find it foul or vulger. Just an opinion being stated in my book. And, I do think Hillary may be behind this a bit as both Michigan and Florida had more delegates going for her and I believe Sharpton is in her camp.
You don't find this foul or vulgar!?!?!? Calling the Hillary supporters uneducated redneck white trash?!?!? What if us "uneducated redneck white trash" started tossing around the "N" word?

Is there no limit to what some Obama supporters feel is appropriate?

Quote:
Not favored by the rednecks, white trash, underachievers, and excuse-makers. .

Old 02-17-2008, 07:18 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,603,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
You don't find this foul or vulgar!?!?!? Calling the Hillary supporters uneducated redneck white trash?!?!? What if us "uneducated redneck white trash" started tossing around the "N" word?

I don't think you have to be an "Obama" supporter to not recognize this as foul or vulger. Most people would not look at it that way. I don't recognize that there is a group labeled, "uneducated redneck white trash". I also think there are people of all races supporting both candidates.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:34 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,735,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momlady530 View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're using the same scare tactics as the Republicans. Why shouldn't Sharpton march if he notices something fishy about this delegate allotment? Heck, I'm about as white as they get and I have thought of protesting the DNC if either the MI or FL delegates get seated or the superdelegates go against the popular vote and chose Hillary. Is it ok for a white person to protest but not a black person? Yes, black people should get ticked off if the first viable black candidate for president gets screwed (sorry for the poor language,but it is what it is) out of the nomination. The fact of the matter is that MI and FL violated the rules. Obama and Edwards went along with the ruling of their party. Hillary didn't. She said she wouldn't campaign in FL but was there "casually speaking" before the primary. That's dishonest any way you try to paint it. Now she wants to get those delegates seated because she doesn't want to disenfranchise voters? Look, like you I get a little frustrated when the race card comes flying out at the slightest little inkling of a perceived insult, but please do not resort to using race to scare people into voting for Hillary. I've read your other posts and you are much more intelligent than that.
This is an intramural fight among Democrats. If scare tactics are being used it's being done by Democrats against Democrats. Leave the Republicans out of this. Recall the tide turned Obama's way when Clinton's surrogates, chief among whom was husband Bill, began playing the race card. The Republicans have not said a word about race in their primaries.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:53 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,735,237 times
Quote:
Does it actually surprise anybody that Sharpton is a racist? Obama has been trying to break the rules with the superdelegates too. This whole contest comes down to race.
You're right about that. Neither Clinton nor Obama has completely clean hands with respect to the Democrat rules. Clinton wants to re-write the rules adopted by the DNC with respect to the sanctions imposed on the Democrat parties of Florida and Michigan. Obama wants to re-write the rules with respect to the role of the super delegates at the convention. That rule states very simply that the super delegates can cast their votes for whomever they want at the convention. Now Obama wants to change that rule to force the super delegates to vote for the candidate who arrives at the convention with the most delegates committed to him or her. Obviously he feels that will be him. So both are doing it. But that is not surprising. That was the same tactic employed by the Democrats in Florida in 2000. Gore wanted a recount of only those counties where he thought that he could pick up votes. The rule, however, was that if a recount was requested, the entire state's votes had to be recounted. And Gore knew he couldn't win under the existing rule. In fact numerous recounts conducted by various groups, including a consortium of newspapers headed by the NT Times, conducted a statewide recount and Bush still won Florida according to that recount. Nevertheless the urban legend has taken hold that Bush stole the election of 2000. Anyway, to get back to the original post, if you think that Obama is above playing politics, you're living in fantasy land.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:15 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,435,238 times
Quote:

I read the supposed offending post over three times, I have yet to find anything which I would consider vulgar or foul. Perhaps you are being a bit too sensitive.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:26 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,744,693 times
What I find vulgar is the double standards at work here. Hillary supporters being pegged as redneck uneducated racists??? But yet the Obama camp throws around the racist racist racist card every chance they can and they get a pass because if someone defends oneself, ah ah ah ah see, you are racist? I don't want a president elected because of any color, ethnicity, gender, whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections