Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 04:06 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times

Advertisements

Paul Singer on Donald Trump:

Quote:
"The most impactful of the economic policies that I recall him coming out for are these anti-trade policies," Paul Singer said during a panel discussion at the Aspen Ideas Festival in Colorado, according to CNBC. "And I think if he actually stuck to those policies and gets elected president, it's close to a guarantee of a global depression, widespread global depression."

Singer is the founder of Elliott Management Corporation, a fund worth $27 billion that specializes in distressed debt acquisitions. A self-described libertarian, he donated $100,000 to the Republican Party in 2015, according to Forbes, and contributed to Sen. Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) failed bid for the presidency.
GOP Mega-Donor Warns Trump Would Cause
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 04:08 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Oh, Baloney!

Go away, Paul, whoever you are. We don't care. We want Washington DC bleached and hung out to dry.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:09 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Well I honestly doubt Trump will do anything about Trade. Trump might be garbage but at least he is corrupt enough to follow what his donors tell him to do. I would be more scared with Ted Cruz who had some crazy ideas like abolish the IRS.

Trump is gonna hire some good people who know what they are doing(according to him) and most likely they are not stop trade relations.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:09 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
There's going to be some mega-depression among the Branch Trumpidians on these forums on November 9th!

Old 06-29-2016, 04:10 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Oh, Baloney!

Go away, Paul, whoever you are. We don't care. We want Washington DC bleached and hung out to dry.
IOW, don't confuse us with the facts, we have our minds made up even though we don't know the first thing about macroeconomics.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:12 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Paul Singer on Donald Trump:

GOP Mega-Donor Warns Trump Would Cause

Elite globalist fear mongers for political advantage. Keep feeding at the trough. Trump won't give him his personal phone number. :c rying:

Old 06-29-2016, 04:13 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Oh, Baloney!

Paul Singer is a billionaire fund manager. He is not the only economic expert saying the same thing.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:16 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
There's going to be some mega-depression among the Branch Trumpidians on these forums on November 9th!
Stop calling forum members stupid names! It's old and sickening. Call Trump all the dumb names you wish but stop being ugly to forum posters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Paul Singer is a billionaire fund manager. He is not the only economic expert saying the same thing.
I'm pretty sure I made it clear I don't know or care who he is or what dribbles from his pie hole.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:18 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Of course he would.

He wants to:

1. Default on what is currently regarded as the safest investment in the world (US government debt)

2. Have the largest economy in the world (by nominal GDP) start trade wars with most of its major trading partners

3. Massively cut taxes while greatly increasing military spending which would balloon the US debt to dangerous levels (if we can even sell more debt after he defaults in #1 of course)

All wretchedly horrible ideas to anyone that understands macroeconomics in the slightest.

Which is why other intelligent Rs like Romney and Paulson who actually understand these things have spoken out against him.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:23 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I made it clear I don't know or care who he is or what dribbles from his pie hole.
Wait, I thought you guys were in love with Trump because he was really rich and that meant you thought he knew how to run things economically.

So that doesn't apply to this guy, who is far richer than Trump is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections