Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 10:47 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,708,545 times

Advertisements

I am voting Johnson. Hoping he wins at least two states in the General Election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 11:00 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,597,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I am voting Johnson. Hoping he wins at least two states in the General Election.
That is not "hope", it is insanity. Enjoy.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:21 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,708,545 times
Like insanity. Out of the candiates I feel this duo offers uo the most experience and best ideas for this Country. If they can keep the popular vote close between the other Parties and mess up the Electoral votes forcing it to the House they might have a chance to win.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:40 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,904,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
these 2 clowns are for open borders madness and globalism......after the CNN Town Hall no true conservative can vote for them.
Which is why they're libertarians, NOT conservatives. Baby, there is a difference!

Good luck with Tramp's national healthcare platform and higher taxes.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:41 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,597,807 times
CNN and MSNBC talk about Johnson because they know he helps
Hillary win the election.

This is why they don't talk about Jill Stein, because they know
Stein takes away from Hillary.

In 1992, Bill Clinton won because of Ross Perot.
In 1996, Bill Clinton won because of Ross Perot.
In 2000, GWB won because of Ralph Nader.

In 2004, 2008, and 2012, Americans remembered this and did not
vote for a "third party" in significant numbers, because they saw
how it works.

If these facts are forgotten, Gary Johnson will elect Hlilary Clinton.
He may as well be named Gary Clinton !

Old 07-03-2016, 11:44 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,904,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
The only thing helping Hillary win the election is Donald Trump.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:46 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post

This is why they don't talk about Jill Stein, because they know
Stein takes away from Hillary.

In 1992, Bill Clinton won because of Ross Perot.
In 1996, Bill Clinton won because of Ross Perot.
In 2000, GWB won because of Ralph Nader.

In 2004, 2008, and 2012, Americans remembered this and did not
vote for a "third party" in significant numbers, because they saw
how it works.

If these facts are forgotten, Gary Johnson will elect Hlilary Clinton.
He may as well be named Gary Clinton !
Your scare tactics are simply childish.

In my case there are two scenarios, don't vote at all, or vote for Gary Johnson, in no way shape or form does this "give" Clinton the presidency. Trump and Clinton are both horrible choices that I could never give my vote to, therefore it goes to the candidate that I feel isn't one of the most incredibly self motivated, dishonest, and hateful candidates we've ever seen...and all of those traits describe both Clinton and Trump in my eyes. Shameful human beings all 'round.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:56 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,758,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
A stoner and a guy who is labeled a drunk/establishment guy who favor open borders/ignore the rule of law that has become so fashionable lately.

Blog: VP hopeful William Weld fails to impress at Libertarian Party Convention

The Libertarian Party Is In Turmoil Over Its Vice Presidential Nominee

RHINO/GOP lite v2.

What could go wrong?
Yea, "intelligent immigration reform" we all know what that means...

Old 07-03-2016, 12:39 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,473,245 times
For those who say johnson/weld aren't for more of an open border stance, you really need to read their website:

https://johnsonweld.com/issues/

Quote:
He understands that a bigger fence will only produce taller ladders and deeper tunnels, and that the flow of illegal immigrants across the border is not a consequence of too little security, but rather a legal immigration system that simply doesn’t work. Militarizing the border, bigger fences, and other punitive measures espoused by too many politicians are all simplistic “solutions” to a problem caused by artificial quotas, bureaucratic incompetence and the shameful failure of Congress to actually put in place an immigration system that matches reality.
Especially this last line sounds like one out of the obama/clinton playbook:

Quote:
Making it simpler and efficient to enter the U.S. legally will provide the greatest security possible, allowing law enforcement to focus its time and resources on the criminals and bad actors who are, in reality, a relatively small portion of those who are today entering the country illegally.
So let them all flow in except the few who are the bad apples and we'll concentrate on "the bad actors" and "criminals". There's your open border stance people. And reality check.....according to our nations law, ANYONE who crosses into our border illegally is a "criminal". These guys sound like obama in making the law flexible according to his politician whim. Make illegals legal, against the constitution/laws these guys swore to uphold. oh, you know, except the real bad one's, the other law breakers are ok. Can't make this stuff up people.

On many levels, I feel this is wrong. Not only is it ignoring our immigration laws our laws state you can't enter our country illegally, period, not just the "criminals and bad actors", and it's a kick in the face to our nation who can't employ all it's current citizens in the 10's of millions who can't find a job/gave up looking.

So for those people who call themselves "conservatives" and think trump is too liberal/not a serious conservative, how in the world can these "conservatives" vote for these guys given the border/illegal immigration issue is a hallmark of conservatism? It's hypocritical.

If you're a RINO that leans pretty far left or someone who likes clinton or sanders given their amnesty/open border stance similar to these guys, sure, I can see how voting for these guys makes more sense.

But again, you "conservatives" who are fed up with how "liberal" trump is wanting to vote for johnson/weld? You aren't anywhere near conservative, just on their border stance alone.

Old 07-03-2016, 12:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Brilliant! Too bad most the American public is too stupid and brainwashed to vote for these guys. Instead, they will hold their nose and vote for either Dishonest Donald or Criminal Hillary, two of the biggest lying frauds of all time Vote Johnson/Weld!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGD8gJt7weU
it is a great commercial: I just can't see wasting my vote and helping Clinton get elected. Oh, I know that should not be a reason to vote, but I just can't bring myself to support them. I will also add, Johnson was a good and popular governor. We lived there during his second term. But I am not sure I share enough of his views to go along with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections