Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 06:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,519,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Op is not a Hillary supporter, you should know that by now.
Yet he says he's going to vote for her. Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 06:32 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
well, By reaching 5 percent of the popular vote, Gary Johnson will secure approximately $10 million for the Libertarian candidate in the 2016 election. For a third party candidate, this is significant and justifies Gary Johnson’s recent quest to give him five.

If you don't like Clinton, looks like you don't, why not give Johnson a chance?
I am not voting Johnson this post from about two three weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I have been entertaining voting Libertarian Party presidential nominee Gary Johnson but not anymore. I watched a video on him from on PBS News Hour where he talked about taxes. He wants to sign legislation that removes the IRS (a event that could remove more people from the economy, an issue with shedding jobs over the last ten years), removes the federal income tax, federal corporate tax and enact a consumptionon tax, in particular one he claims will look similar to the Fair Tax. The Fair Tax proposal is notorious for being crushing to the middle class, the portion of the US population that the economy is built off of. We can't put the tax burden on them while the rich get off with far less than a 23% tax rate as they wouldn't spend 100% of their income while even the middle class can get into that territory and lower class, especially those renting are hosed.

https://youtu.be/sG5QytjZxiE
Johnson isn't the answer for the middle class at all. This policy crushes anyone but the rich. I can't vote for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Because Johnson and Clinton have little to nothing in common.
Yeah, I don't see Crooked Clinton in favor of cutting taxes on the rich through a maximum tax of 23%. We all know that very few will truly pay 23% except for say lower class and working class .

Quote:
That is why people should choose Johnson over Clinton. Duh OP doesn't like Clinton, not everyone is a Hillary Clinton fan, like you.
I don't like Clinton but she is the best available option. Writing in a candidate is a complete and total waste of effort and this year is too important to stay at home.

Quote:
Duh; according to his post he's trying to decide between Clinton and Johnson.

I merely pointed out the fact that they have jack in common.
No I am not. Read past posts. Johnson would have to be an option for me to decide between him and Clinton. His support of the Fair Tax removes him from the pool.

Quote:
Duh, he should choose Johnson over Clinton because they have nothing in common. Why do you always sound so mad? lol
So he can enact the Fair Tax and increase taxes on working class people like me, forget that. I pay enough taxes as is, why vote to raise them from 10% to 23%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
So you think that that the country is headed in the wrong direction but you are going to vote for the person that will fight like hell to maintain the current system and for the special privileges afforded the political/economic elites?

And Trump is somehow any different when he is the rich just cutting out the middleman. What's worse the meat puppet or the puppeteer?

Quote:
Yet he says he's going to vote for her. Go figure.
Yeah because there is no legit third party option to me and I can't vote Trump, period.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:08 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:

Yeah because there is no legit third party option to me and I can't vote Trump, period.
there is green party

Old 07-05-2016, 07:15 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:
there is green party
Stein is even everything Hillary should be but isn't.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:51 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
there is green party
And what, vote for someone who will at best get 1% of the vote, talk about a throwaway.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:55 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
And what, vote for someone who will at best get 1% of the vote, talk about a throwaway.
Then you should just go ahead voting for hillary clinton, without starting this useless thread.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:00 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,986,290 times
Quote:

And Trump is somehow any different when he is the rich just cutting out the middleman. What's worse the meat puppet or the puppeteer?

What, exactly, are you trying, but failing to to get at?

Trump knows how the system works. He donated money to politicians in the past to get what he wanted. He knows that the system is corrupt and wants to change it. He basically self-funded his primary run, with only accepting small donations from supporters. Also, he said that should he get the nom, the RNC will fund his run as is traditionally done. This is how Trump is different. It's also the reason that many repubs want Hillary to win because if she wins, they all get to continue to feed at the trough and put their donors ahead of their constituents. And you think that's a good thing?

Bravo to your brother for supporting Trump!

Old 07-05-2016, 08:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

What, exactly, are you trying, but failing to to get at?
He wants those voting for anyone but Hillary or not at all to vote for Hillary.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:45 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,040 times
Quote:
If voting for Stein is considered "throwing away your vote," then clearly you have only two candidates to pick from.

Elections aren't about voting for the winner, they are about you voting for who you think is the best candidate. Jill Stein and the Green Party match my views, therefore she will be getting my vote. Will she win? Doubtful, but I won't have to be ashamed of who I voted for unlike those that are trying to decide which is the lesser of two evils.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:39 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,986,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He wants those voting for anyone but Hillary or not at all to vote for Hillary.
^^^^That sounds about right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections