Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 05:09 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
With all of the flack regarding the Khans and now two polls - CBS and CNN - showing that Trump is lagging badly, I would not be surprised if Trump decides to withdraw using an excuse such as health factors or even safety issues affecting his family.

I say this because Trump has said repeatedly that he does not like to lose and if he thinks that there is a chance of a landslide loss it would be humiliating to him and I can't see that as being palatable for him.

If whoever replaces him wins, he can say that he laid the groundwork for the victory. If he loses, he can say that if he had continued as nominee he would have won.
I agree 100% with this . . . . if he doesn't think he'd win, he will be out of there before the Election Day.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 05:10 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
CBS and CNN don't have the influence you think they do.

It's a shame the 3% or so of America who still watch these broadcasters pay them any mind.
That's right, they are no Gateway Pundit.

Mick

Old 08-01-2016, 05:12 PM

622 posts, read 410,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
NO - Donald Trump will not be dropping out of the Presidential Election because a Muslim Immigration Lawyer is the new Clock Boy. That's totally ridiculous.
I don't think the Khan fracas will be the catalyst for withdrawal though he has taken a lot of flack on this issue.

I think his ego will not be able to handle a major loss and since he relies on the polls so much, I think he will view those as being an indicator of how things will pan out.

Can you imagine how he would feel about his name being associated with the worst defeat since Goldwater? It would be something totally unpalatable to him.

BTW, since I don't usually post on politics, in the interests of full disclosure, I am totally turned off by both Hillary and Trump. At this point I am going to sit out the election if I have to choose between these two individuals.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:12 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Maybe he has a fatal heart attack from all the internal turmoil.

Does he have a live rally for tonight? He's gonna be a raving lunatic. I bet his handlers are even staying away from him today.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:20 PM

8,631 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post

Does he have a live rally for tonight? He's gonna be a raving lunatic. I bet his handlers are even staying away from him today.
What a horrible thing to say about anyone.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:23 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I thought so earlier, but now I am not sure.

There is an article says

Khan specializes in visa programs accused of selling U.S. citizenship

Khan specializes in visa programs accused of selling U.S. citizenship | Washington Examiner

If this is the case, oh well.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:25 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I thought so earlier, but now I am not sure.

There is an article says

Khan specializes in visa programs accused of selling U.S. citizenship

Khan specializes in visa programs accused of selling U.S. citizenship | Washington Examiner

If this is the case, oh well.
And from your own link: "There is no indication that Khan's clients have been caught up in the controversies."

But hey, it allowed you to smear Mr. Khan, so it's all good, right?

Oh, well.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:27 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And from your own link: "There is no indication that Khan's clients have been caught up in the controversies."

But hey, it allowed you to smear Mr. Khan, so it's all good, right?

Oh, well.
I think you need to calm down. I have made myself very clear that he shouldn't have questioned this woman's pain.

But this is presidential election. Who to say Trump is not going to use this to attack him? The point is I don't know if he is going to quit at this point.

How did I smear him? sheesh. Get over yourself already. I didn't come up with that article myself, duh.

This topic is "He might quit." I thought so, but now, I am not sure. What did I say is so damn wrong?

Old 08-01-2016, 05:30 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
The worry about dropping out is focused on the wrong candidate.
If anyone drops out(and I have a strong belief it will happen) it's Hillary.
I had two premonitions over a year ago, before Trump even entered the race, and one of them has already come true.
I posted on this forum back then when I had those premonitions.
One of them still remains, and that is Hillary.

When Bush was the favored candidate, and seemed like a shoe in, I saw him suspending his campaign, and that is exactly what happened.
Trump at that time had not made public his desire to seek the presidency.
During that same period, I had an equal premonition that Hillary would also be suspending her campaign for health reasons having to do with her husband.
Time will tell if I am accurate once again.

Bob.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:31 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post

If he only had a heart...

Doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections