Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 02:43 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,298,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse “will not be attending the convention and will instead take his kids to watch some dumpster fires across the state, all of which enjoy more popularity than the current front-runners,” his spokesman told the Hill.
Some would say that the convention itself promises to be a dumpster fire.

GOP Senator Skipping Convention 'To Watch Some Dumpster Fires'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 02:48 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,472,346 times
ah, another member of the establishment/congress, serving the people so well, fixing/addressing all our problems, managing our country so well like our almost 20 trillion deficit. Yes, impressive OP that this person is outraged at trump!

And it's sad people post things like this over and over again, like we are to be alarmed that such highly "effective" people serving the donors, oops, not that, I mean serving the people, are offended by trump.

Please. It's getting old.

And beyond insane so many in the herd still look up to these do nothing/establishment clowns who have our nation where it is today and are apparently impressed that their views mean something.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:51 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,596,541 times
what's a "nice" Jewish boy like Ben Sasse, who went to Harvard, Yale, Oxford
doing in Nebraska ?

oh yeah.. lording it over the hicks.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:52 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
ah, another member of the establishment/congress, serving the people, fixing/addressing all our problems, managing our country so well. Yes, impressive OP that this person is outraged at trump!

And it's sad people post things like this over and over again, like we are to be alarmed that such highly "effective" people serving the donors, oops, not that, I mean serving the people, are offended by trump.
Trump played the game as a donor and the buyers are just as guilty as the sellers.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump played the game as a donor and the buyers are just as guilty as the sellers.
Yes, welcome to the rigged system he admitted being part of a player in.

I wish more establishment types would be as honest and speak out like sander's and trump.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Yes, welcome to the rigged system he admitted being part of a player in.

I wish more establishment types would be as honest and speak out like sander's and trump.
I wish an actual NON-establishment type was running for POTUS.

But don't worry, Donny gets plenty of lies in on other topics.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I wish an actual NON-establishment type was running for POTUS.
Trump and almost sander's(who I think is going to sell out to the clinton nonsense) are as close as you're getting this time. Maybe someday....that would be nice to not have to run under the team R/D umbrella. But that's really up to the people/voters ultimately as if most vote for team R or D, this is what you're going to get, team R or D running the show. And I have very little faith in the electorate these days to make that happen.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Trump and almost sander's(who I think is going to sell out to the clinton nonsense) are as close as you're getting this time. Maybe someday....that would be nice to not have to run under the team R/D umbrella. But that's really up to the people/voters ultimately as if most vote for team R or D, this is what you're going to get, team R or D running the show. And I have very little faith in the electorate these days to make that happen.
Sorry but NOT close enough for government work.

I've disliked Trump for well over 30 years and think him little more than a carnival huckster. But, had he run as an (I) I would've voted for him as he may actually have had a chance to pull it off and I think the country would benefit more by the (D)s and (R)s both getting a smack down than it would suffer from 4 years of his buffoonery.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:21 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
gym rat secured his position with the establishment with his outlandish behavior. He's still playing along I see.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:44 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Some would say that the convention itself promises to be a dumpster fire.

GOP Senator Skipping Convention 'To Watch Some Dumpster Fires'
Sasse has been reading my posts here on CDF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections