Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 12:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Agreed and ignored Bush's role.

I am partisan agnostic.

Better Pense than the Newt.
In that I agree with the caveat that I can change my mind as I do not know a lot about Pence. Nothing will make me believe a Newt pick would be positive. Then again, I'm not the target audience.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:54 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Trump is anti-war too:

"There's so much oil, people don't know what to do with it. And, yet, because of OPEC, that is the story. It is very sad. But, if we got rid of this war, and if we got oil down, this country would be unbelievable. You wouldn't even need this." -Trump to Neil Cavuto, Fox News, 2008
Spence supported the Iraq war and NAFTA and the TPP. Is this the "pivot" Trump is talking about he would do in the general?

Old 07-14-2016, 12:56 PM

270 posts, read 198,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Many blame Clinton and overlook Congress.

Now here we are ignoring Bush and blaming Congress.

Can't have it both ways.

As for the bank bailout portion of TARP, anyway you look at it, FDIC was on the hook and its resources would have quickly been exhausted.
Many credit Clinton and overlook Congress for the strong 1990s economy.

Many overlook Bush for the booming economy of 2004-07.

Repubs are not the only ones who like it both ways.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:05 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BougNeg1 View Post
Many overlook Bush for the booming economy of 2004-07.
You mean the housing bubble? No, he gets a lot of credit for it, since he was the one who kept feeding the fires.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-14-2016 at 01:19 PM..

Old 07-14-2016, 01:12 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You mean the housing bubble? No, gets a lot of credit for it, since he was the one who kept feeding the fires.
Bush is of the left.

The "Read my lips, no new taxes," "voodoo economics"-deriding (and if you concur you only prove this point), population-reduction promoting Bushes are a neocon family.

The "neo-" in neocon means "new-," "improved-," "with it-," "groovy-," "lefty anodyne-." Aka, leftist Republicans, Rockefeller Republicans. The neocon movement's founder, Bill Kristol's dad, was a self-described "Trotskyist" (http://www.pbs.org/arguing/nyintelle...krystol_2.html).

Bushes and Kristols and their cabal are a leftist infection of the GOP, designed to co-opt both parties by infusing them with identical values, including warmongering.

And as you've seen in the last few months, neocons don't leave the GOP quietly. But they're promising they don't want to be at Trump's and Pence's convention for real conservatives.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:18 PM

270 posts, read 198,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You mean the housing bubble? No, gets a lot of credit for it, since he was the one who kept feeding the fires.
The bubble portion was caused by Democrats encouraging everyone to buy a $400,000 house on a $30,000 salary then encouraging the banks to securitize the mess.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:20 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Bush is of the left.

The "Read my lips, no new taxes," "voodoo economics"-deriding (and if you concur you only prove this point), population-reduction promoting Bushes are a neocon family.

The "neo-" in neocon means "new-," "improved-," "with it-," "groovy-," "lefty anodyne-." Aka, leftist Republicans, Rockefeller Republicans. The neocon movement's founder, Bill Kristol's dad, was a self-described "Trotskyist" (http://www.pbs.org/arguing/nyintelle...krystol_2.html).

Bushes and Kristols and their cabal are a leftist infection of the GOP, designed to co-opt both parties by infusing them with identical values, including warmongering.

And as you've seen in the last few months, neocons don't leave the GOP quietly. But they're promising they don't want to be at Trump's and Pence's convention for real conservatives.
So, Trump is a 'real conservative', and nothing like Bush

Old 07-14-2016, 01:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Bush is of the left.

It's a leftist infection of the GOP, designed to co-opt both parties by infusing them with identical values, including warmongering.

Please do not try to pawn of Dubya on 'the left'.

That's total crap. He's yours, a true Blue republican, trickle down economics and all.

Plus Iraq.

You can keep him.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:25 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,459 times
Mike Pence, Trump’s likely running mate, has backed every free trade deal in the last 15 years

Pence has backed every free trade deal in the past 15 years. That goes completely against Trump's stance.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:29 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Pence's other big issue is the Religious Freedom Restoration Act which, allowed businesses to discriminate against individuals based on their sexual orientation and gender identity. He got so much crap for that from the LGBT community and others, that he revised it. But the LGBT didn't like the revisions and the religious right didn't like that he revised it, so nobody was happy with that.

I think he would definitely alienate the LGBT community in the election and others who prefer not to have religion affecting laws. He is heavily influenced by religion in governing. This might fly in Indiana, but the rest of the country prefers secular government.

Mike Pence Signs Revised Indiana 'Religious Freedom' Law
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections