Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 05:19 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,483,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh, and I suppose you'd endorse the guy who called your wife and kids names while you were running against him for dogcatcher??? And you'd also understand if after the guy did that, and you failed to endorse him, the boos you got from retarded azzhats who think those tactics are ethically acceptable?

No wonder your country is in the fix it's in with the only two viable candidates being of the worst common denominators possible.

You are about to reap what you've sown in ways you cannot even imagine. It would be merely entertaining to watch if it were not going to bring us all closer to the brink of complete and utter disaster.

It isn't my fault Trump is in the running. He wasn't my pick. But he's in it now, and it's either him or Hillary. That's the sad truth. Benghazi Hillary is for open borders, unlimited illegal immigration, a castration of our 2nd amendment and a load of other liberal issues I don't support. Trump is the complete opposite, so Trump gets my vote. Eight years of forced liberalism and anti-cop blather is quite enough.

There is no perfect candidate, but Trump trumps Benghazi Hillary by a mile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 07:27 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,509,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
It isn't my fault Trump is in the running. He wasn't my pick. But he's in it now, and it's either him or Hillary. That's the sad truth. Benghazi Hillary is for open borders, unlimited illegal immigration, a castration of our 2nd amendment and a load of other liberal issues I don't support. Trump is the complete opposite, so Trump gets my vote. Eight years of forced liberalism and anti-cop blather is quite enough.

There is no perfect candidate, but Trump trumps Benghazi Hillary by a mile.
I understand your frustration, but my post was intended to address the idiots who booed Cruz when he failed to endorse Trump. Whatever happened to ethical imperatives holding priority over partisan politics?

It is a sad day indeed when the only choices you've been given are both obvious bottom feeders of the first order.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I understand your frustration, but my post was intended to address the idiots who booed Cruz when he failed to endorse Trump. Whatever happened to ethical imperatives holding priority over partisan politics?

It is a sad day indeed when the only choices you've been given are both obvious bottom feeders of the first order.
The republican convention was for Trump, not Cruz. If Sour Grapes Cruz couldn't support Trump he should have respectfully bowed out. Instead Cruz chose to make a fool of himself by not recognizing Trump in his speech. He got booed, not by idiots, but by Trump supporters who went to hear about Trump. If anyone's an idiot, it's Cruz.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
The only thing Ted Cruz proved, is that he has a backbone. Not sacrificing his principles, for political gains.
Not many like him.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:22 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,036,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I heard someone this morning talk about how different the DNC will be. A more positive, star-studded affair. .
Oh, goodie! Eva Longiria, Katy Perry, Lady GagMe...I can't wait...to turn off the thing.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Oh, goodie! Eva Longiria, Katy Perry, Lady GagMe...I can't wait...to turn off the thing.
Me too.

There's nothing more positive than voting down Benghazi Hillary.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:54 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,884,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The only thing Ted Cruz proved, is that he has a backbone. Not sacrificing his principles, for political gains.
Not many like him.
I rarely agree with you, but I do here. Cruz is about the only Republican who had the guts to refuse to help coronate King Donald. Kudos to him for showing some courage--something that is sorely lacking in this current iteration of the GOP.

I hope a good number of Republicans follow his lead once they step into the voting booth and vote their conscience.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:08 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,956,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I watched on Fox last night. As you will see below it does not take a leftist outlet to convince me that Trump is an awful choice.

I voted for Bush II the second time around, McCain and Romney. I am not "unhinged" but I consider Trump to be a massive danger. People with short memories forget that hie advocated violence at his rallies and subliminally threatened violence if he was not the ultimate nominee.

Just because we heard him cooing last night and obeying his teleprompter does not mean he has changed. He is not willing or able to work within the Constitution were he elected or the law during his campaign.
For Heaven's sake, you aren't talking about the "punch them in the nose, I'll pay your legal bills" JOKE, are you? If there is another "example" of advocated "violence", please provide a link including the rally it was spoken from. What the media reports and what actually happened are often very different.

Every rally had instructions to the audience on how to handle the agitators that showed up to disrupt and ruin the experience for everyone. It was do not touch them, just hold up your Trump signs and security will remove them. Doesn't sound like inciting violence, does it?

Old 07-23-2016, 12:10 PM

35,122 posts, read 17,080,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The republican convention was for Trump, not Cruz. If Sour Grapes Cruz couldn't support Trump he should have respectfully bowed out. Instead Cruz chose to make a fool of himself by not recognizing Trump in his speech. He got booed, not by idiots, but by Trump supporters who went to hear about Trump. If anyone's an idiot, it's Cruz.
Cruz was asked to speak by Trump. Cruz explicitly did not promise an endorsement. Cruz's speech was circulated to Trump, who approved it. The speech contained plenty of attacks on the Democrats. Did Trump think an endorsement could be sincere if it was given in the face of attacks on Trump's wife and accusations that Cruz's father committed the Kennedy assassination?

Cruz was hardly an idiot. He will benefit from the wreckage of this campaign the same way that Reagan did after the Nixon-caused defeat of Ford in 1976.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:16 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,727,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I rarely agree with you, but I do here. Cruz is about the only Republican who had the guts to refuse to help coronate King Donald. Kudos to him for showing some courage--something that is sorely lacking in this current iteration of the GOP.

I hope a good number of Republicans follow his lead once they step into the voting booth and vote their conscience.
Have you seen this John Kasich ad? Dayum.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ump-to-hitler/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections