Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 11:25 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,310,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
To all Americans tonight, in all our cities and towns, I make this promise: We Will Make America Strong Again.
We Will Make America Proud Again.
We Will Make America Safe Again.
And We Will Make America Great Again.

Read more: Full text: Donald Trump 2016 RNC draft speech transcript - POLITICO
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
He says we are not strong, we are not proud, and we are not great. Where is the outcry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 11:29 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
No outcry? It is all true..we have been belittled around the world by our president
We have had too many terrorist attacks..

We have illegals committing major crimes .

America has lost its dream.. rich grow richer , the poor get more welfare.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No outcry? It is all true..we have been belittled around the world by our president
We have had too many terrorist attacks..

That is your narrow view, but not that of everyone. As someone who travels the world (before and after Obama), we are much more respected and less hated in the world than we used to be. People in my lifetime always have, and still do look up to America, and hold us as the gold-standard. It's humbling to travel abroad and see that American exceptionalism is alive and well. Sure "the Ugly American" still exists, and always will (Trump can be the club president when he loses this election).

We've had far less terrorist attacks than many other countries. Trump likes the soundbits, but his call to suspend entry from "any country who's been affected by terrorism". Well, that's France, Turkey, and a lot of other places. Are we really going to ban French people from entering? (Of course not, he was giving a simpleton soundbit for his simpleton followers)

The rich have grown richer because of people like Trump, and if you look at the consensus, his policies will benefit the rich, not the middle class. In another thread his followers said words don't matter, look at his actions. Well, that is a legacy of outsourcing jobs, not paying debts, and breaking promises. I guess if that is who you are, then you are not proud. I simply reject that he represents me, or most Americans.

Most Americans are proud. We understand that the world is changing and other countries are working hard and catching up. Some of us are inspired to be greater because of this, but you can feel free to live in fear, espouse isolationism and blind nationalism if you want. It only means one less person I need to compete against to continue to live the American Dream. I work hard, live within my means, and it's all alive and well for me.

So, again, I wonder if Republicans will finally wake up and jump all over him for being so Anti-American?

Old 07-22-2016, 11:46 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
He says we are not strong, we are not proud, and we are not great. Where is the outcry?
He's talking about all the self hating, left wingers who have brought this country to it's knees.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:48 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
We've had far less terrorist attacks than many other countries.
Only in the mind of a left winger is that statement a positive thing. We've had quite a few police officers executed over the last couple weeks.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:48 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
He sure did paint the USA as a dark, violent and weak place. I'm surprised his fans even leave their houses.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He's talking about all the self hating, left wingers who have brought this country to it's knees.
I'm on my knees every day, thanking God for being born into the best country on the planet. For our strong economy, and for a value system I can be proud of.

I don't know where you live, but I like record stock markets, low unemployment, and reasonably secure streets and cities.

I'm not a "left winger", but i will be (and usually, not always do) voting for a Democratic President this year.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:53 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
We have had too many terrorist attacks.
The worst long before Obama took office yet he gets the whine.

Quote:

Please, a little time for us to get the Dramamine before starting this spinning!

Old 07-22-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Only in the mind of a left winger is that statement a positive thing. We've had quite a few police officers executed over the last couple weeks.
How is that a left winger comment? I was responding to another right-wingers bad info.

My point was, and is, that the USA is relatively safe. Travel around the world and get some perspective. Either you are in a place like Nigeria, where you can't trust the police, can't trust anyone, and are at constant risk of being killed, or you are in a place like Saudi Arabia, where you are nearly 100% safe from street-crime because there is no due process, and big-brother is watching all over you.

You right wingers can paint the doom and gloom, but the fact is (or my opinion, anyway) is that America is still the best place on earth. We have the best balance of security and liberty, and arguably the best standard of living.

Why are you so ashamed of that that? I'm proud of it.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:56 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,397 times
Quote:
That is your narrow view, but not that of everyone. As someone who travels the world (before and after Obama), we are much more respected and less hated in the world than we used to be. People in my lifetime always have, and still do look up to America, and hold us as the gold-standard. It's humbling to travel abroad and see that American exceptionalism is alive and well. Sure "the Ugly American" still exists, and always will (Trump can be the club president when he loses this election).

We've had far less terrorist attacks than many other countries. Trump likes the soundbits, but his call to suspend entry from "any country who's been affected by terrorism". Well, that's France, Turkey, and a lot of other places. Are we really going to ban French people from entering? (Of course not, he was giving a simpleton soundbit for his simpleton followers)

The rich have grown richer because of people like Trump, and if you look at the consensus, his policies will benefit the rich, not the middle class. In another thread his followers said words don't matter, look at his actions. Well, that is a legacy of outsourcing jobs, not paying debts, and breaking promises. I guess if that is who you are, then you are not proud. I simply reject that he represents me, or most Americans.

Most Americans are proud. We understand that the world is changing and other countries are working hard and catching up. Some of us are inspired to be greater because of this, but you can feel free to live in fear, espouse isolationism and blind nationalism if you want. It only means one less person I need to compete against to continue to live the American Dream. I work hard, live within my means, and it's all alive and well for me.

So, again, I wonder if Republicans will finally wake up and jump all over him for being so Anti-American?
Liberal ideas and policies have put our nation in a perilous place and it's only going to get worse. Unchecked illegal immigration, sanctuary cities, Islamic terrorists in our country, obama's disrespect for the police, dems support of Occupy Wallstreet, dems support of Black Panthers, dems support of Black Lives Matter, etc., trade imbalances, etc.

It's those liberal policies from Anti American democrats that are hurting our nation. Wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections