Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 02:57 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,509,119 times

Advertisements

I thought his values fundamentally contradicted Hillary's... but now he endorses her? What a disappointment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 05:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,580,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
I thought his values fundamentally contradicted Hillary's... but now he endorses her? What a disappointment.
Of course he was.

He's been a Senator for 30 years! Why did anyone think differently?

That said, he does have ideas that are outside the DC Box. I believe that he believes in his ideals and that he knows Trump would be a disaster for our country.

So instead of worrying about how everyone will call him names - he put country first.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:57 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,640,761 times
He wasn't, but the price was right and he sold out. So did Benedict Arnold, who would have been known as a Revolutionary hero if he didn't turn traitor.

The Political and Economic Elite Class have $billions to throw around in order to make $trillions. One must be extremely centered on their own value system to resist. I know I have done in my life I was tempted under similar situations - I stayed true to myself.

"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius

Old 07-28-2016, 06:01 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,344,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Of course he was.

He's been a Senator for 30 years! Why did anyone think differently?

That said, he does have ideas that are outside the DC Box. I believe that he believes in his ideals and that he knows Trump would be a disaster for our country.

So instead of worrying about how everyone will call him names - he put country first.
Bernie's economic policies wouldn't be a disaster???

Old 07-28-2016, 06:05 PM

26,024 posts, read 22,214,018 times
Either he was shilling for Hillary or threatened with something bad if he didn't leave. Could be either.

I know he has left a lot of disappointed supporters. I bet he votes for Trump!

Old 07-28-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Bernie's economic policies wouldn't be a disaster???
For the Political Apparatchiks, Government Parasites, and Billionaire Elite, they would be.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:10 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,234,024 times
Again, information for the unaware

Quote:
Everyone has a role, I said it long back, that Bernie's role was to inspire the young & those who felt left out, those who had become disenchanted, those who are first time to politics and the first time voters who never got involved and give them cause and purpose. -"To do it with sincerity and honest discussion". He did that, now they have cause and purpose and that cause and purpose is inline with the Democratic Agenda.
The young among him will come to understand, and its his job now to move them forward so they will acknowledge their successes in inspiring a more progressive platform.

There was never going to be a full national flip to the ideals in full to the degree and ideological aim Sanders pushed, but it was necessary to push as he did to give people renewed focus and now its to help them understand they'd made "GREAT steps forward", which will expand its stride over the years and decades to come.

They should by every right be happy to have been of such service to the nation and now simply bond and move forth.
They know their work is not done, don't go into anguish at this convention and don't fight against Hillary. They need a Democrat as President. She can set the Policy and Tone. THEN, Sanders's supporters job then is to go to the voting booth in every city, county, state and federal elections and take back the Mayoral, the councils, the commissioners and the governors and State Congressional as well as the Federal Congressional seats, and let's move this nations forward. That's the work they must include in their focus.
Therefore, they need to understand Hillary's role is as it should be, now Sanders has to direct his followers to their next function within the process.

take back the Mayoral, the councils, the commissioners and the governors and State Congressional as well as the Federal Congressional seats

Old 07-28-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Either he was shilling for Hillary or threatened with something bad if he didn't leave. Could be either.

I know he has left a lot of disappointed supporters. I bet he votes for Trump!
It's what happened. He is a seasoned politician and knew what he was getting into. If the plan was to sell out at the end, he should have just said so.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:32 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,278,194 times
Bernie made his money .......he can retire soon .......still he wanted to feel what it is like to be young again.....put on his Woodstock tshirt.....under his corporate suit..........played some Grateful Dead tunes on the cd player in his chauffeur driven car......he and Jane the wife can ride into the sunset .......but before he needs to consult with his financial advisers on the best rate of return on a Roth IRA.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:34 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,344,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
It's what happened. He is a seasoned politician and knew what he was getting into. If the plan was to sell out at the end, he should have just said so.
Based on the 1st debate (when he voluntarily took the server issue off the table), it wouldn't surprise me if he never intended to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections