Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 08:25 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I wish FOX would get over their fixation on Benghazi and Clinton's emails. I'm SICK of hearing about Benghazi and it's forcing me to switch channels every time they mention it. There are MILLIONS of other places on the planet they could talk about but they are so stuck on that one in particular.
I think I see the problem.

Hint: Benghazi isn't a "place". It's an "event". Yes, the horrible murders happened at a place called Benghazi, but it shouldn't need to be explained that the story isn't the location. Or so I thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 08:29 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
It's all about money, folks. Fox News is decidedly right because someone recognized that, that particular demographic was underserved and it was a way to make money. Trust me, if the situation was reversed when Fox News started up, they would be a liberal news network.

2006:

"To call them a political odd couple would be a rash understatement. Conservative media mogul Rupert Murdoch will host a fundraiser for liberal New York Sen. Hillary Clinton, the Financial Times reports. The mating ritual of the unlikely allies has been under way for months. Clinton set political tongues to wagging last month by attending a Washington party celebrating the 10th anniversary of Fox News, the cable news channel owned by Murdoch."

Rupert Murdoch Loves Hillary Clinton - CBS News

Old 07-30-2016, 08:34 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
All networks except Fox are full on attack of Trump....which is no different than 2008 & 2012....news networks today are a wing of the Democratic establishment. You can tell also some Fox show hosts, Meghan Kelly for example, are anti-Trump.

Old 07-30-2016, 08:59 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
You may be right, as I gave up cable almost two years ago, and the news pieces I've seen have been limited, like Hannity going after Cruz, and being in obvious support of Trump, as well as some other clips I've seen. Doesn't mean they all support him, but some like Hannity definitely do. Paying these guys millions of dollars per year to be talking heads goes to their heads, and they become elitists. I've seen it time and time again where money has corrupted people morally.
" Paying these guys millions of dollars per year to be talking heads goes to their heads, and they become elitists."

First, Hannity IS NOT a NEWS show.

I note you complain about him.

How about the alphabet media and THEIR coverage, or lack thereof?

We are NOW seeing film about the dem protestors trying to break down the fence and burning the American flag.

Why DIDN'T we see that DURING the dem convention.

They sure showed the repub protestors a lot, with NO VIOLENCE

When the "news" show anchors, which are paid "millions" show an outright bias we don't hear much about it.

The "news" is NOT supposed to be bias at all.

All we hear from the left is "Hannity" said this and Hannity said that.

Again, he is NOT a news show.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:01 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It's all about money, folks. Fox News is decidedly right because someone recognized that, that particular demographic was underserved and it was a way to make money. Trust me, if the situation was reversed when Fox News started up, they would be a liberal news network.
You are correct. My approach is to go to an Internet news compilation, read a bunch of articles on an event or topic, including foreign sources, then "average" the reports to try to ferret out the facts.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
CNN is owned by Time Warner. Time Warner invested over $722,000 to get Hillary elected. So, the boss is for Hillary so the CNN responds to the bosses wishes.

Top 3 Companies Owned By Time Warner (TWX) | Investopedia

https://www.opensecrets.org/politici...9&cycle=Career

It is interesting that when you play connect the dots with Hillary, it always turns out that there is "stench" involved.
and people like to talk about FOX. At least FOX had some democrat contributors, regulars and even some true libs. The only thing worse than CNN is MSNBC.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:30 AM

13,742 posts, read 8,004,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
...The only thing worse than CNN is MSNBC.
My guess is that Morning Joe with MSNBC might actually like Trump more than he's putting on.

However, the DNC has likely made it clear nothing positive even in the slightest is to uttered about Trump.

And Joe wants to keep his job so he gets with the program.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:47 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Gutfield and Hannity were not analyzing the conventions.....those are opinion/commentary programs like Bill Maher and Christ Matthew shows or Rachel Maddow, huge difference.

CNN, had Anderson Cooper hosting the show which he is a NEWS ANCHOR and he was stacking both tables of people more for Hillary and just 1 for Trump which is Lords.

then you had Wolf and Dana 2 news anchors popping out the champagne and dancing on the floor after Hillary's speech........I never seen that in any other channel but I could be wrong.
Saying that over and over again... it looks like you are jealous.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:52 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I think I see the problem.

Hint: Benghazi isn't a "place". It's an "event". Yes, the horrible murders happened at a place called Benghazi, but it shouldn't need to be explained that the story isn't the location. Or so I thought.

ummm... Benghazi is actually a place. Events happened there, but it is actually a place.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:55 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
My guess is that Morning Joe with MSNBC might actually like Trump more than he's putting on.

However, the DNC has likely made it clear nothing positive even in the slightest is to uttered about Trump.

And Joe wants to keep his job so he gets with the program.
Not true. He's gone back and forth and once upon a time he liked Trump, but Joe loves the republican party more. This is not an act, and he does not have to worry about his job.

"...In the wake of Thursday night’s Democratic National Convention speeches — in which Trump was completely savaged from every angle — Scarborough told Republicans on Friday that the time has come to start rescinding their Trump endorsements..."

"...While it would be difficult to explain to their constituents why they’re un-endorsing Trump, Scarborough urged them to simply tell them the truth and explain that he’s unfit for office..."

Morning Joe begs Republicans to rescind their Trump endorsements: ‘You’ve got to cut him loose’
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections