Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 05:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Pittsburg- more than 200. Clinton and Kaine are on a bus tour through PA and Ohio - many small venues & stops per day, The 200 was at a factory in a small town - invite only. Trump only does big venues in big cities and misses the heartland.
That's not very many people for Pittsburgh. The wife and I was there a month ago to see Billy Joel and there was a Furries convention at the hotel we stayed at downtown. There were more participants at that than to see Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 05:33 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,311,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This election is really slim pickings. I know how we got Hillary but how in the world did you get Trump.
Because average Americans are completely FED UP with career politicians and the Republican Party offered an alternative, albeit not a great one, while the Democrat Party did not.

If a rogue outsider like Trump had run in the Democrat primary, he/she may very well have been your candidate. Well, then again, I guess not, because Hillary would have either cheated her way to the win with the DNC in her pocket as she did with Bernie or had that candidate mysteriously run into some kind of life ending circumstance.

I am a Republican and no great fan of Trump, but at least I can see that he is a private citizen like the rest of us (except for being far, far wealthier than any of us will ever be) who seems to love his country and hate the changes that have occurred in his lifetime because of poor decisions and corruption on the part of career politicians. That resonates with ordinary people who feel the same way.

The Dems could not have a worse candidate than tired, corrupt, lying, old Hillary. I am amazed that she has been allowed to get this far. She is doing nothing but fracturing the Party and turning people away. If I was a Democrat I would be furious at having her for my candidate.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:32 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
[quote=canudigit;44959502]Because average Americans are completely FED UP with career politicians and the Republican Party offered an alternative, albeit not a great one, while the Democrat Party did not.

If a rogue outsider like Trump had run in the Democrat primary, he/she may very well have been your candidate. Well, then again, I guess not, because Hillary would have either cheated her way to the win with the DNC in her pocket as she did with Bernie or had that candidate mysteriously run into some kind of life ending circumstance.

I am a Republican and no great fan of Trump, but at least I can see that he is a private citizen like the rest of us (except for being far, far wealthier than any of us will ever be) who seems to love his country and hate the changes that have occurred in his lifetime because of poor decisions and corruption on the part of career politicians. That resonates with ordinary people who feel the same way.

The Dems could not have a worse candidate than tired, corrupt, lying, old Hillary. I am amazed that she has been allowed to get this far. She is doing nothing but fracturing the Party and turning people away. If I was a Democrat I would be furious at having her for my candidate.

As a Democrat what bothers me the most is the ignorance of the people that still support her despite everything that has come to pass and then sitting on forums such as these claiming she's our next Messiah. It's a lost cause and many of us are Democrat in name only because the real Democratic party lost it's identity years ago.

I can understand people don't like Trump - but there are other alternatives than voting in a woman who's a complete liar and will do nothing to change the current situations around the country that exist. For the middle class - it's not about party but who will represent us the best and it's not Hillary.

Am I furious she's the nominee - no - because she was already told she would be - so my anger serves no purpose except to make me go to the poll and vote against her.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:36 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Hillary is still polling ahead of Trump in PA.....

Trump's a con-man. Those hard working blue collar people in PA are smart enough to spot a con-man.
Dear,

Your own link says it's now a "toss-up". That is devastatingly bad news for Hillary as this state is supposed to be solid for her.

I do agree that Penn voters are good at spotting cons. Cons like NAFTA, TPP, and love for Job Outsourcing and telling all the Penn coal industry they will have to find other jobs if she is elected.

Pennsylvania will be going to Trump.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:51 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
All is contingent on turn out.
That I agree with, but his rhetoric is scaring the bejesus out of voters. His strategy should be to shut the hell up and hope most voters stay home. That is his winning hand if there is one. Problem is -- he simply can't help himself. If conservatives are really conservatives then THEY see 2016 as a lost cause and will recalibrate the message and try again in 2020. Ted Cruz earned my respect for standing up and refusing to endorse Trump. As much as I disagree with Ted Cruz, at least he didn't go there.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:57 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Nutty Don can run there in November to try and win. Just like the Last loser from the GOP.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:04 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,454 times
Quote:
Hillary is still polling ahead of Trump in PA.

This link shows the most recent PA polls.

Pennsylvania Presidential Election Voting History

Trump's a con-man. Those hard working blue collar people in PA are smart enough to spot a con-man.
I lived in Pa for over 60 years before I retired and moved to MI. Election after election the counties are overwhelmingly Red,....It is the liberals in Philly & Pittsburg that come out in numbers to pull the state into Blue. They are mostly welfare queens and people in Pa are embarrassed that we are considered a "Blue" state

Old 07-31-2016, 12:10 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
I lived in Pa for over 60 years before I retired and moved to MI. Election after election the counties are overwhelmingly Red,....It is the liberals in Philly & Pittsburg that come out in numbers to pull the state into Blue. They are mostly welfare queens and people in Pa are embarrassed that we are considered a "Blue" state

Hmmm. There are lots of statistical news reports(with lots of demographic data) that say it's the college educated wealthy suburban voters of Philly that keep PA blue. Lots of articles about this.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:31 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
[quote=xray731;44962476]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post

I am a Republican and no great fan of Trump,

As a Democrat what bothers me the most
So you are a Republican and a Democrat? I've noticed several right wing posters posing as Democrats lately, you just need to check that your posts don't give you away.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:35 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,454 times
Quote:
Hmmm. There are lots of statistical news reports(with lots of demographic data) that say it's the college educated wealthy suburban voters of Philly that keep PA blue. Lots of articles about this.

EXACTLY!!! The SUBURBAN voters NOT the City voters who tend to be welfare recipients
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections