Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 06:46 AM

68,404 posts, read 54,700,917 times

Advertisements

"I'm afraid this election is going to be rigged"

I didn't even know Queeg was running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 07:04 AM

24,803 posts, read 13,190,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Think of how many elections have been 'rigged' in our lifetimes and Trump is the only guy saying anything. Love him or hate him, you gotta admit, he's shining a light into a garbage can and the cockroaches are running for their lives.
Clinton Eugene Curtis testified under oath in front of the U.S. House Judiciary Members in Ohio, regarding schemes to fraudulently program electronic voting machines to rig votes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEzY2tnwExs

Old 08-03-2016, 07:07 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,561,810 times
Convenient logic= if Trump doesnt win the elections are rigged. the opposite logic i suppose being if Trump does win then it was a fair election.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:08 AM

1,268 posts, read 803,276 times
He knows he is losing. It can't possibly be his fault. He is the greatest, bestest, smartest ever. He hires only the bestest ever people. Losing in such a YUUUGE way can only mean it's rigged. It's certainly not the great pumpkin's fault. Lol.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:55 AM

23,855 posts, read 13,861,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Think of how many elections have been 'rigged' in our lifetimes and Trump is the only guy saying anything. Love him or hate him, you gotta admit, he's shining a light into a garbage can and the cockroaches are running for their lives.
No, I don't have to admit any such thing. And I won't, because I don't think that's what happening.

I think what's happening is that a demagogue has sucked in a bunch of people. But fortunately, it looks as if he's too incompetent at real-life leadership to carry through on his threats.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:00 AM

23,855 posts, read 13,861,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

It's really the only explanation I can come up with at this point. The guy has pretty much hijacked our system for his own ego. If I were a Republican, I'd be PISSED. There has never been a better chance for the GOP to gain some credibility, and to do some of the good things their platform stands for (I am all for fiscal responsibility and smaller government, they lose me on the social issues), but no, he hijacked the party, and gave us Hillary. I'm no Hillary fan, but I'll take her every time over this nut-job.
All those registered Rs voting for him? They just love him, he didn't steal anything from anyone. They had a lot of choices, and they chose Trump.

And Clinton was always going to run for president again, and she was always going to have a shot at winning. Although I grant you, Trump is a darn good target.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:32 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,561,810 times
How easily Trump dispensed with his 19 other Republican rivals makes me wonder if he hasnt been doing some rigging on his own.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:38 AM

14,577 posts, read 20,874,024 times
From many months ago a person close to Trump said he was out to prove a point. His point might be that a non politician can succeed.
As we know Trump said if he loses then it was all a waste of time. He spent very little of his own money on his rally campaign style.
The system is rigged could be a way to set up a withdrawal so he can avoid losing the election. Of course he wants to win but when it is obvious he can not he may jump ship and say it was rigged and he no longer wants any part of it, I (Trump) knew it was rigged, now the world knows, I'm walking. Then you might have Clinton vs. some unknown GOP candidate to take her on.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:42 AM

51,741 posts, read 26,059,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I
All I can figure is that he's doing everything he can to self destruct. Has been for a while, and his followers just eat it up. Take his stance to not endorse Ryan. He knows it will **** most republicans off, and it will hurt his chances. The ONLY explanation I can come up with is that he knows, and has known for a long time, that he is not up for the job, doesn't want the job, and if he gets it, he will be exposed for the phony that he is. He's too far in to back out, so his only way to save face now is to blow the election, and then he can play the victim card, like he does all the time, about how the system is rigged, and he got shafted. His swan-song will be an attempt to rally his blind supporters to unleash civil-unrest, and his perverted, socio-pathetic self will get the ego stroke his empty soul needs.

It's really the only explanation I can come up with at this point. The guy has pretty much hijacked our system for his own ego. If I were a Republican, I'd be PISSED. There has never been a better chance for the GOP to gain some credibility, and to do some of the good things their platform stands for (I am all for fiscal responsibility and smaller government, they lose me on the social issues), but no, he hijacked the party, and gave us Hillary. I'm no Hillary fan, but I'll take her every time over this nut-job.

It's the only thing that makes sense.

Why on earth would he attack the parents of a hero who died in battle? Tell Ryan he's not supporting him? Insist Russia had not invaded the Ukraine?

It's beyond madness.

But if you see it as a PR stunt, it makes perfect sense. He now has a band of die-hard followers, who get their information from Brietbart, and who will haul out their credit cards for Trump steaks, Trump seminars on getting rich in real estate...

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 08-03-2016 at 09:00 AM..

Old 08-03-2016, 08:53 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,618,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
Just said this at his rally in Ohio.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/760202595617103872

Getting his excuses out early.
Sounds like he's full of excuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections