Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 08:57 AM

14,526 posts, read 20,773,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
---quote from myself---
All I can figure is that he's doing everything he can to self destruct. Has been for a while, and his followers just eat it up. Take his stance to not endorse Ryan. He knows it will **** most republicans off, and it will hurt his chances. The ONLY explanation I can come up with is that he knows, and has known for a long time, that he is not up for the job, doesn't want the job, and if he gets it, he will be exposed for the phony that he is. He's too far in to back out, so his only way to save face now is to blow the election, and then he can play the victim card, like he does all the time, about how the system is rigged.
B I N G O - a winning theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 08:59 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,350,713 times
Everyone knows Trump has no chance to actually win.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:14 AM

7,694 posts, read 5,566,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
All I can figure is that he's doing everything he can to self destruct. Has been for a while, and his followers just eat it up. Take his stance to not endorse Ryan. He knows it will **** most republicans off, and it will hurt his chances. The ONLY explanation I can come up with is that he knows, and has known for a long time, that he is not up for the job, doesn't want the job, and if he gets it, he will be exposed for the phony that he is.
You have to put yourself in Trump's childish mindset to understand his actions. Trump never forgets or forgives a personal slight. With Ryan he had a chance for payback and took it.

I think Trump's no. 1 priority if elected will not be keeping any electoral promises but exacting revenge on anyone or any entity he perceives who slighted him during the campaign. That will keep him busy for years.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:17 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,114,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
You have to put yourself in Trump's childish mindset to understand his actions. Trump never forgets or forgives a personal slight. With Ryan he had a chance for payback and took it.

I think Trump's no. 1 priority if elected will not be keeping any electoral promises but exacting revenge on anyone or any entity he perceives who slighted him during the campaign. That will keep him busy for years.
I think the GOP is counting on that, too. And when he's not busy exacting revenge, they'll keep him busy with any shiny object they can find. We've all seen how easily distracted Trump is. They're banking on him not having the attention span to actually do any governing, leaving that to them. (And we've all seen how good they are at that themselves. )

Old 08-03-2016, 09:27 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,465,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
He still has a chance, the media is throwing everything at him while ignoring all of the leaked e-mails coming out

Old 08-03-2016, 10:05 AM

68,363 posts, read 54,576,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Convenient logic= if Trump doesnt win the elections are rigged. the opposite logic i suppose being if Trump does win then it was a fair election.
Really can't blame him for taking a cue from our own Byzantine foreign policy.

When an election is held in another country where we have interest(s) and is won by the one we like it's termed 'fair', when one by someone we don't support it's termed 'rigged' and the CIA starts planning a coup.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:06 AM

68,363 posts, read 54,576,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Sounds like he's full of excuses.
Excuses? Is that what they're calling it these days?

Old 08-03-2016, 10:07 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,791,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
Just said this at his rally in Ohio.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/760202595617103872

Getting his excuses out early.
Losers always whine.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:43 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,123,664 times
Well, we've already seem both parties trying to prevent the anti-establishment candidates from winning, with indisputable proof that the DNC rigged the primaries in Hillary's favor.

Both parties did everything they could to steal the nominations, it would be illogical to think that the establishment won't try to steal the general election.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:30 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,985,062 times
Default Clown and Buffoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
I wouldn't go that far ... a lot of things can happen from now until November.

What Donald's supporters don't realize is the majority of Americans are coming to view him as a clown, a buffoon, a dishonest and sleazy businessman, a privileged and spoiled millionaire's son, a draft dodger, a serial adulterer, a bigot ... he is a man who entirely lacks diplomacy, tact, elegance, dignity, and poise - things that are important in a President of the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections