Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 10:38 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,276,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
Hey Everyone.

Did you all hear about the latest soldier to fight for Hillary.
He's just like you and me.
He definitely is looking out for your best interest and not his own.

He's so relatable; like your friendly neighbor across the street so he MUST be right.

I'm talking about Warren Buffet. One of the richest men in the world. He's trying to tear down Donald Trump so that we will vote for his pal Hillary. He's a billionaire and will lose a lot of money if Trump takes office because Trump will finally put us regular folks before these type of people. Him and his elitist friends are scared of Trump... that's the indication we are looking for to determine our candidate; the one for the rest of us.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/buffet...000000899.html
Warren Buffett , a man in his mid 80's and he is still fixated with money. Would somebody tell this man to just retire and enjoy the billions he has made from globalism. The vast majority of his personal wealth came on the top of the free trade pacts introduced by Bill Clinton. Just like Hillary, the man Buffett is obsessed with power and gain gain gain.

The party is over for the likes of Buffett and his gang.

Have you ever seen so many scared Billionaires of late?. They are all appearing out of the woodwork. Very worried people it appears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 10:41 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Warren Buffett , a man in his mid 80's and he is still fixated with money. Would somebody tell this man to just retire and enjoy the billions he has made from globalism. The vast majority of his personal wealth came on the top of the free trade pacts introduced by Bill Clinton. Just like Hillary, the man Buffett is obsessed with power and gain gain gain.

Have you ever seen so many scared Billionaires of late?. They are all appearing out of the woodwork. Very worried people it appears.

Yeah, he's a greedy little bastid, must be why he's pledged 99% of his wealth to philanthopic distribution.

http://givingpledge.org/Content/medi...c%20Pledge.pdf

Forbes Welcome

Old 08-02-2016, 10:43 AM

1,043 posts, read 900,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
That why he had his clothing line made in China and other foreign countries?

Trump's business will fail and go under if he is the ONLY one of them to manufacture in the US.
If he passes the laws to add taxes to overseas production he will have to pay just like everyone else will.

Trump is willing to put the American people ahead of himself when it comes to his business and this is a wonderful trait in a leader.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:45 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,948,123 times
Quote:

They aren't just talking now...they are coming to events and campaigning their hearts out. The Khan thing was just the perfect excuse to more actively inject themselves into the race. It's starting to smell like fear (and not SJW kinda fear).

Old 08-02-2016, 11:00 AM

13,697 posts, read 9,021,495 times
Quote:
To the person who asked why Buffet is worried about Donald:
- Donald intends to re-negotiate these ridiculous free trade agreements that ONLY help American Elites get richer while the rest of us get poorer. YES - Trump is also a successful business man but guess what; he knows he can still be successful AND put American jobs first. These other guys don't give a s*it about our jobs.
One must think about why such US manufacturing jobs have been losing ground, although clearly on the rebound since 2008.

To simply blame 'trade deals' is too simplistic in thinking. Even if the USA did not 'trade' with other countries via said trade deals, many such jobs would have been lost anyway.

This article is helpful:

Globalization isn't killing factory jobs. Trade is actually why manufacturing is up 40%. - LA Times

It points out that 'technology' bears much of the blame. For instance, there used to be a time when auto workers built every component of a car. Now? technology in the form of robots have replaced many of those workers. True, the auto manufacturers had to hire people to maintain said robotic arms and such, but not enough to replace those that lost their jobs on the production line.

Newspaper plants likewise used to employ many hundreds of workers in a plant. Now, it is but a skeleton crew.

Meanwhile, it is true enough that local manufactures are having components made in other countries. But those countries then send the components to the United States for final assembly. Smartphones come to mind. I would rather that China and such build some of the components to send back to the United States for final assembly, rather than the whole phone being assembled outside the States. I do not have a smartphone, but I understand that they are very, very popular. People seem to change phones nowadays like I would change oil on my car.

Some think that Mr. Trump's idea to get into tariff wars with other countries would ultimately hurt the common person. I agree. We enjoy staggering low prices for things that people seem to want and need. I recall, back in the 1960s, that to purchase a console television set was around $500.00. Believe me, that was steep, and one reason most homes had one set. Compare prices now.

I also recall when eating fresh fruits and vegetables was rather difficult. One went to the store, and you had the choice of whatever was in 'season'. If it were not in season, you were out of luck (maybe some frozen bags were available). I recall our grocery store having posters out detailing what they had in stock. Now? It has been years since I have gone to the store and been disappointed to not find the fruit or vegetable I desire. Courtesy, of course, of other countries.

I have not heard Mr. Trump really give any details, beyond 're-negotiating' trade agreements. I also heard Hillary Rodham Clinton give some lip service to such. I doubt she would do anything, and I really doubt that Mr. Trump would do anything. However, it sounds good to certain people.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
They aren't just talking now...they are coming to events and campaigning their hearts out. The Khan thing was just the perfect excuse to more actively inject themselves into the race. It's starting to smell like fear (and not SJW kinda fear).

Let's not forget about that little TPP deal that Clinton is itching to get through. Her and Kaine were big supporters of it but now that it's election time they change their tunes. For Kaine - he changed his tune within 24 hours. They sure like their flip flops those two.

But one of Hillary's closest advisors let it slip that YES - she WILL pass it once elected. Boy did he have to work to go back on that one - you could see the sweat dripping off his head.

These billionaires want MORE trade agreements - they get bigger profits by using cheap labor and all we get is lost jobs. Seriously wake up people.

Clinton friend McAuliffe says Clinton will flip on TPP, then walks it back - POLITICO

Old 08-02-2016, 11:07 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,213,563 times
Quote:
Hey Everyone.

Did you all hear about the latest soldier to fight for Hillary.
He's just like you and me.
He definitely is looking out for your best interest and not his own.

He's so relatable; like your friendly neighbor across the street so he MUST be right.

I'm talking about Warren Buffet. One of the richest men in the world. He's trying to tear down Donald Trump so that we will vote for his pal Hillary. He's a billionaire and will lose a lot of money if Trump takes office because Trump will finally put us regular folks before these type of people. Him and his elitist friends are scared of Trump... that's the indication we are looking for to determine our candidate; the one for the rest of us.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/buffet...000000899.html

Like Festivus?

Old 08-02-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Like Festivus?

Bingo!
Like Festivus!

When you feel like you have nothing to celebrate - hey look! There's Mr. Trump willing to fight for us.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:14 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,234,618 times
I was so glad when she brought him out. This tells me they are so desperate they don't realize what hurts their campaign.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:21 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,243,235 times
Quote:

It's not just the billionaires who are scared.

Everyone is scared. We're about to create our own zombie apocalypse. You're not scared because you are a zombie, but real humans are scared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections