Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 11:33 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,959,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Of all the lame brained things Trump has said--and you could write a book the size of War And Peace recounting them--saying "I always wanted a Purple Heart" has to be the stupidest. No one WANTS a Purple Heart because you have to suffer a grievous injury to be awarded one.

Trump saying he always wanted a Purple Heart is Trump saying he always wanted to be terribly wounded. What kind of idiot makes a statement like that?

Oh, yeah, the king of idiots, Donald Trump.
I don't want to be injured but I think having a Purple Heart is pretty cool.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I'm pretty sure all those recipients who are walking around missing an arm or a leg or other body parts don't think it's "cool." And I'm certain no one in their right mind would ever wish they had one.

More proof that Trump isn't in his right mind. And obviously, neither is his cult.
It's VERY cool. You know why - because American heros ARE cool. If all Americans could be that cool the country would be a better place. Heros are NOT defined by their scars; they are defined by their heart and it takes a huge heart to sacrifice yourself for others.

Stop downplaying heros as people that simply got hurt or died. It comes across as prick-ish.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:49 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,283,000 times
You know what people in combat arms call purple hearts?
"Enemy marksmanship medals".

Heroes are cool, so much is right. Trump and his cult downplaying them and their achievements or sacrifices by wanting to collect medals because they are cool or by mocking POW's like McCain is not cool.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:55 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,096,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
It's VERY cool. You know why - because American heros ARE cool. If all Americans could be that cool the country would be a better place. Heros are defined by their scares; they are defined by their heart and it takes a huge heart to sacrifice yourself for others.

Stop downplaying heros as people that simply got hurt or died. It comes across as prick-ish.
Of course they are heroes, but they're not idiots. There isn't a one of them who thinks it's "cool" that they were seriously injured in combat. I'm sure if you had to spend the rest of your life with one leg or half an arm you would not walk around telling everyone, hey, isn't it cool that I was so grievously wounded that I got a Purple Heart?

I don't think I've ever seen such a stupendously asinine comment on this board before.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
You know what people in combat arms call purple hearts?
"Enemy marksmanship medals".

Heroes are cool, so much is right. Trump and his cult downplaying them and their achievements or sacrifices by wanting to collect medals because they are cool or by mocking POW's like McCain is not cool.
Politicizing heros over your idea of what to say is not cool.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:56 PM

14,705 posts, read 14,680,193 times
Quote:
It's VERY cool. You know why - because American heros ARE cool. If all Americans could be that cool the country would be a better place. Heros are NOT defined by their scares; they are defined by their heart and it takes a huge heart to sacrifice yourself for others.

You thinking a Purple Heart as "cool" is kinda prick-ish. It's not cool that someone was wounded in war, or that someone had to fight and kill strangers for their country. It's worthy of respect. Trump's comment, like most things he says, was typical of someone who has no concept of how regular people live, or sacrifice.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
You thinking a Purple Heart as "cool" is kinda prick-ish. It's not cool that someone was wounded in war, or that someone had to fight and kill strangers for their country. It's worthy of respect. Trump's comment, like most things he says, was typical of someone who has no concept of how regular people live, or sacrifice.
So it's not cool to step into danger for your country and lay everything you have on the line. This is blatant disrespect of the military. Are you Amercan?

Old 08-06-2016, 11:59 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,283,000 times
Quote:
Politicizing heros over your idea of what to say is not cool.
I agree! Which is another reason why I don't like Trump.
First mocking heroes like McCain for being a POW an then later politicizing vets and feigning to like them for good press. Yeah I'm absolutely with you on that. That is pretty uncool.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
I agree! Which is another reason why I don't like Trump.
First mocking heroes like McCain for being a POW an then later politicizing vets and feigning to like them for good press. Yeah I'm absolutely with you on that. That is pretty uncool.
Except you just wrote a false narrative.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:01 AM

14,705 posts, read 14,680,193 times
Quote:
So it's not cool to step into danger for your country and lay everything you have on the line. This is blatant disrespect of the military. Are you Amercan?
Are you 'Murcin'? No it's not "cool", like I said it's worthy of respect. Are you a veteran? Both my grandfathers fought in WW2, and one received the Purple Heart for his injuries in Okinawa. I never saw his Purple Heart as "cool" and thought "I want one of those", and he damn sure didn't either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections