Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 12:46 PM

8,577 posts, read 10,997,949 times

Advertisements

In many , if not most of Trump's rallies, thousands of people show up.
That tells me people in general are fed up with the status quo.
They seek change, and apparently many believe Trump is that messenger of change.

Perhaps he is, or perhaps he isn't, but the crowds attending his rallies are an important barometer of what the country is looking for.

I don't for one minute believe the press, or their bias polls.
I tend to believe my eyes, and the huge crowds at Trump rallies tell me many are in favor of Trump as the next president.

People turning out by the thousands says a lot about who they want for president.

Two big question comes to mind regarding polls.
Who is doing the polling, and who are they contacting in these polls?
That in and of itself creates suspicion.
As I just said above, I trust my eyes and ears more than some meaningless poll, done by some obscure biased publication.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 12:51 PM

68,340 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianThomas View Post
It is quite interesting, Trump has thousands at his rallies. Hillary has hundreds.

And train wrecks get more attention and gawkers than everyday scheduled trains.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:56 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,124,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
They seek change, and apparently many believe Trump is that messenger of change.

Perhaps he is, or perhaps he isn't, but the crowds attending his rallies are an important barometer of what the country is looking for.

I tend to believe my eyes, and the huge crowds at Trump rallies tell me many are in favor of Trump as the next president.

People turning out by the thousands says a lot about who they want for president.

As I just said above, I trust my eyes and ears more than some meaningless poll, done by some obscure biased publication.

Bob.
Well, lets see how many of those Trump rally attendees show up and vote for him. We'll all find out Election night.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:56 PM

25,978 posts, read 22,164,069 times
I wouldn't trust the polls, especially CNN! Right now, I think they are working to try to make it look like there is support for Hillary's as the DNC looks for ways to cheat her way to the win. I have picked apart all the polls that could be picked apart and I see a near head-to-head after stripping the hype.

Why go see Hillary in the first place as most remember her all too well. Even the ones who didn't know her history, the younger people were supporting Bernie.

If there was so much support for Hillary in the first place, her bots would not constantly be posting crap threads and the press wouldn't be putting headlines, that once the article is read, mean nothing. The Democrats have to be the supreme beings when it comes to only reading the headlines thus embarrassing themselves again and again.

People are really listening to Trump and supporting him. This is the first time that we have EVER contributed to an election campaign. We want to save our country because if we don't, our money will be worthless anyway. I signed up for something with the campaign today and learned the new motto is "I am with you." This will be the battle cry of the Trump supporters!

Old 08-10-2016, 12:57 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,723,093 times
Quote:

Bob.
There's 219 million people who are eligible to vote in the US. There are 146 million or so that are actually registered and able to vote.

30% of 146 million is 43.8 million people. Getting "thousands" of them to make a large raucous crowd at a political rally is easy. However, it is not a "barometer" of how people feel, what they are looking for or how people are likely to vote. It's stagecraft.

Clinton's campaign is purposefully choosing to host small events...

Hillary Clinton Gambles in Choosing Small Events Over Huge Rallies - NBC News

Here is a picture of one of her rallies in NYC...plenty of people:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam...-super-169.jpg

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-10-2016 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: hotlinking and copyright violation

Old 08-10-2016, 01:01 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,829,319 times
Quote:

Bob.
Well, you're the poster who claims that you have long had the ability to see future events in the form of 'visions', and that Jeb Bush was going to suspend his campaign because of a 'death in the family' (you were wrong - he just plain got beat) and that Hillary Clinton is going to suspend her campaign because of a 'major health issue' with Bill.

It's hard to take anyone seriously who thinks they 'visions' of the future.

PS - Two-term President Ron Paul is totally on-board with your "Big crowds = the most votes!" notion!

Old 08-10-2016, 01:05 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,296,866 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Pa9YvAqLs

Remember this?

Old 08-10-2016, 01:08 PM

21,166 posts, read 19,761,393 times
I'm guessing that the less intelligent liberals don't know how to avoid political phone calls.

14,204 posts, read 12,296,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I wouldn't trust the polls, especially CNN! Right now, I think they are working to try to make it look like there is support for Hillary's as the DNC looks for ways to cheat her way to the win. I have picked apart all the polls that could be picked apart and I see a near head-to-head after stripping the hype.

Why go see Hillary in the first place as most remember her all too well. Even the ones who didn't know her history, the younger people were supporting Bernie.

If there was so much support for Hillary in the first place, her bots would not constantly be posting crap threads and the press wouldn't be putting headlines, that once the article is read, mean nothing. The Democrats have to be the supreme beings when it comes to only reading the headlines thus embarrassing themselves again and again.

People are really listening to Trump and supporting him. This is the first time that we have EVER contributed to an election campaign. We want to save our country because if we don't, our money will be worthless anyway. I signed up for something with the campaign today and learned the new motto is "I am with you." This will be the battle cry of the Trump supporters!
Yes, multiple independent pollsters are all colluding together to ensure Hillary Clinton wins.

24,201 posts, read 19,240,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And train wrecks get more attention and gawkers than everyday scheduled trains.
This.

Bernie got bigger crowds than Donnie. It doesn't mean he won the election.

Just like polls, crowd size is a very, very small sample of the voting electorate, but unlike polling, it isn't subject to validation to be statistically representative of anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections