Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 03:47 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times

Advertisements

Another day, another Hillary/Clinton Foundation scandal | Power Line

Read the whole thing, but this gives you the broad strokes:

"In today’s installment we learn that (1) Hillary Clinton, during an official visit to Bangladesh as Secretary of State, publicly defended the bank of a crooked long-time friend of her husband and major Clinton Foundation donor, (2) in response, the Clinton Foundation emailed top Hillary aide Cheryl Mills about accepting a donation from the bank and a giant Abu Dhabi oil company, (3) the Clinton Foundation accepted the donation, and (4) Bill Clinton ended up with a big speaking fee."

Also, note that Hillary Clinton agreed to the following condition (among others) when she accepted her appointment as SOS:

"For the duration of my appointment as Secretary if I am confirmed, I will not participate personally and substantially in any particular matter involving specific parties in which The William J. Clinton Foundation (or the Clinton Global Initiative) is a party or represents a party."

The link to the agreement can be found in the article linked above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 04:06 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
I read the story and I don't get it.

What was the "big favor" Clinton did for the donor?

P.S. Where in the letters did they accept a donation from the bank? The emails don't show that at all.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:22 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

P.S. Where in the letters did they accept a donation from the bank? The emails don't show that at all.
The right's smear campaign is doing what Trump did with the 2nd amendment people comment. Say it without using the actual words. It's like saying one two three four five... and let the listener think six but deny saying six later.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:43 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

As always, all they have is innuendo. It's the fuel a smear machine operates on.

Old 08-10-2016, 05:06 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
~Yawns~

Old 08-10-2016, 05:41 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
The right's smear campaign is doing what Trump did with the 2nd amendment people comment. Say it without using the actual words. It's like saying one two three four five... and let the listener think six but deny saying six later.
If you read the emails, there was a charity auction which auctioned off "Spend the Day with Bill Clinton." 1/2 of the proceeds from that item were to go to the Grameen bank and the other 1/2 to the Clinton Foundation. TAQA's Scottish office won the auction. They were checking with the State Department how to handle the donation.

Seems like ordinary business to me.

Another bunch of emails were questioning Hillary's schedule being left in an unlocked hotel room. I read those emails too -- and it wasn't her schedule -- it was BINDERS. Empty binders. They had a 2" one and they wanted something slimmer.

What a bunch of nothing all these emails are!

Old 08-10-2016, 05:52 PM

21,136 posts, read 19,722,567 times
I don't think this will disappoint any Hillary supporters. It actually takes a bit of intelligence to realize that politicians don't do these things without expecting payback.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:37 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
It's not likely the morons in the Democrat anarchy party will respond because their MSM doesn't cover or spoon feed them information of crooked Hillary's corruption. False allegations against Trump get the zombies walking and gnashing their teeth in outrage.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:12 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quid pro quo is something everyone should be able to understand.

In addition, there are over 1100 (1100) SECRET foreign donors to the CFF, despite the fact that the hag 1) promised to reveal all donors and 2), agreed that there would be no comingling of duties and the CFF.

No wonder she and her crooked clique of Amazons (such as Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin) fought to keep those emails private, too.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:51 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
tsk tsk...more blatant corruption, what else is new?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections