Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 08:12 PM

184 posts, read 132,202 times

Advertisements

I became a Democrat under Clinton and now I am for first time turning to the Republican party. I don't feel Obama is who he made us think he was. Why do we need 3rd term of Obama let us make our country great again, vote for Trump.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:42 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Thats absurd. Obama tried to portray himself as a New Dealer but was a neo-liberal. So instead of supporting New Dealers like Russ Feingold, Alan Grayson, Keith Ellison, Jamie Raskin, Pramila Jayapal, Bao Nguyen and Zephyr Teachout you go for a guy who promises to sharply increase user fees on everything in order to make up for the trillions he gives in tax breaks to himself and his cronies.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:54 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeasher View Post
I became a Democrat under Clinton and now I am for first time turning to the Republican party. I don't feel Obama is who he made us think he was. Why do we need 3rd term of Obama let us make our country great again, vote for Trump.
Sorry but I don't believe you. No Democrat would ever support Trump, it just doesn't work like that.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:59 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Welcome to the club. The Democrat party has become anti American with radicals bent on destroying everything good it use to stand for.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...cid=spartandhp

Last edited by phma; 08-10-2016 at 09:29 PM..

Old 08-10-2016, 08:59 PM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Take two aspirins and call me in the morning.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:02 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Sorry but I don't believe you. No Democrat would ever support Trump, it just doesn't work like that.

I see liberals wake up as they age and gradually become more conservative as they get wiser.

Never seen a conservative, although there has to be one or two out there, that have gone tooty fruity liberal.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:13 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I see liberals wake up as they age and gradually become more conservative as they get wiser.

Never seen a conservative, although there has to be one or two out there, that have gone tooty fruity liberal.
Im 43, started as a Republican. Neither party is really my friend though, I just more and more view it as selecting the least offensive/scary candidate.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:17 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

What is that saying about young people being liberal and older people being conservative.

I used to be a democrat until several things happened and I realized I had nothing in common with democrats anymore. It started with me having a problem voting for someone who thought abortion was all right. I rationalized that the person was the guilty party if they chose to abort the child. Then I decided to get involved with my precinct and the leader was a black jerk who thought we were supposed to be making sure the party did things for black people. Then my pastor pointed out to me personally that if you join up with a party and that party has things on its platform you are guilty of them even if you don't agree with them. But it took a very kind Republican who helped me when I needed help to make me realize I didn't belong in the democratic party anymore.

I went to the board of elections and said I have been with my dad's party for years. I think I will try my mom's party for a while. I am just about to change to unaffiliated. The actions of some of these selfish anti-Trumptors makes me realize I don't want to be in a party with them anymore. They are not for the good of America. They are padding their bank accounts. They made a big to do about him being loyal and then they are leaving him like a bunch of cowards. Can we say there is no honor among thieves. They are all robbing the American worker with NAFTA and other bad laws. You get the feeling they would sell their own mothers if you offer them enough money.

If they cared about the American people there would already be a wall and thousands of illegals would already be deported. They are more interested in being re-elected than they are in doing what is right. They deserve to lose their jobs.

Last edited by NCN; 08-10-2016 at 09:29 PM..

Old 08-10-2016, 09:17 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That is what the democrat party was founded on. You the grand wizard ?

Democrat party is the racist party and it has changed it's mission with a goal to bring back slavery.
The idiot doesn't see the irony of his post haha! Well done. They had Nathan Bedford Forrest and we had Abraham Lincoln....they just don't get it. Not to mention Robert Byrd, Hillary's mentor. Yea that's right, a true Grand Wizard of the KKK. The Democrat party IS racism and always will be...

Old 08-10-2016, 09:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Im 43, started as a Republican. Neither party is really my friend though, I just more and more view it as selecting the least offensive/scary candidate.

I never said anything about republican or democrat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections