Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 02:42 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
As to the bold, I'm starting to see a pattern with that. Many seem to think they are superior in their knowledge and intelligence because they got some useless education at some indoctrination camp somewhere, err, I mean college. They aren't even smart enough to know that education doesn't mean intelligence, nor smarts.
Is "anti-education" part of the Republican platform now?

Honestly, anti-intellectualism isn't anything new, but it's usually associated with dictatorial, murderous regimes. Pol Pot, anyone?

I have a good formal education but I recognize that intelligence and smarts come in many different forms. I can guarantee you that my mother, who did not finish high school, would have recognized Trump for the con-man he is.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:44 PM

1,166 posts, read 755,510 times
Quote:
The polls are faked. It has already been admitted to. You are just spreading propaganda like a good paid HRC stormtrooper

What do you mean faked? Are you alleging that they are just making up results for polls that were never conducted? How do you fake a poll?

Old 08-17-2016, 02:44 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
According to RealClearPolitics (the mother of all objective polling data), Hillary now has 272 electoral votes "in the bag." These are now categorized as leans Clinton, likely Clinton or safe Clinton. So, even if Trump won EVERY battleground state, Hillary STILL WINS!

What are your thoughts?
he has zero chance of losing. its just a matter of time before most of you wake up and realize that there's one totally qualified candidate and the only reason you can't see it is because of all the false flag attacks, lies made up by the press and just a bunch of scandal and illegal payments and backroom deals. Not really a hard decision, but the mental weakness of the american public is what's keeping the bad guys afloat, its a campaign of 'throwing shade' at the other side because they have nothing else to really offer, well, unless you're a wall st billionaire who sent them a secret check for a few hundred thousand, than they're your best buddy.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:46 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times
Quote:
Also, this notion that complacency will occur is total nonsense. Complacency could also occur with Trump supporters deciding not to vote, because they believe Trump will definitely lose. It goes both ways. In other words, Hillary wins no matter what.
That doesn't make any sense. If it can go both ways then it is possible for either canadites voters becoming complacent. Not that it's likely but saying it's over enough times doesn't help. Plus, saying it's "official" is Fox news worthy.

Didn't you ever watch that Simpsons where Bart runs for school president and loses because everyone expected him to win but no one actually voted for him? The Simpsons knows.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:47 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,988,699 times
Hold on now. You said...

Quote:
I don't care how great you think you are and how hard you pat yourself on your back, you know nothing at all. Nobody does. Anyone who says they do is a straight up liar.
And then you also said...

Quote:
I say they are faked no matter who the poll is about. Polls can be made up out of thin air and there is absolutely no way in the world to know. They can not be verified nor can they be relied upon because they are easy to spin by only polling certain groups where you know you will get the desired results.
To which I said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
But you don't know that.
And then you said...

Quote:
Yes I do, it's common sense. That's why the same questions asked by different polling houses get different results. If it was all real the results would be the same across the board and they aren't.
So you're saying no one knows anything at all, and if they say they do they are a straight-up liar. But you also then said you know polls aren't reliable because you use common sense. Based on your initial statement, that seems to make you a liar.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:49 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Due to the fact that I know quite well that many people just outright LIE to poll takers, I call BS on this.
NOBODY knows how the election will turn out. NOBODY!
Some people also lie to the takers of "Exit Polls", so I don't believe them, either!

The only count that matters is the counting of votes, and THAT won't be final for up to 48 hours after the polls close!
THEN I will believe the official results.
Until then, IMO, it is all blather, psycho-babble, and obfuscation!

Of course, there WAS that cow years ago that the pollsters put the candidates pictures on the floor under her, and waited for her to empty her bowels. Whichever picture got the most poop was the likely winner IIRC, she had a success rate of better than 75%!

Old 08-17-2016, 02:58 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
In the face of impending doom the mainstream GOP must be feeling a little vindicated at this point in time. I don't think they would be so egregious to say I told you so but that will be the spin if we get a Madam President. George W Bush called it.
He said long ago that it was going to be; Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama-Clinton or Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama-Bush. Who knows might be setting up a Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama-Clinton-Bush-Obama.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:01 PM

1,166 posts, read 755,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
In the face of impending doom the mainstream GOP must be feeling a little vindicated at this point in time. I don't think they would be so egregious to say I told you so but that will be the spin if we get a Madam President. George W Bush called it.
He said long ago that it was going to be; Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama-Clinton or Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama-Bush. Who knows might be setting up a Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama-Clinton-Bush-Obama.

Far fetched albeit, but we might just see a true unity Republicrat ticket of Jeb Bush/Michelle Obama or Obama/Bush running against the newly formed Trump People That Hate Other People Party and its ticket of someone named Trump and whatever evangelical theocrat isn't too busy washing their hair to run as VP.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:09 PM

952 posts, read 518,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
I agree with this. It certainly *appears* Hillary has it in the bag right now, but predictions are a dangerous thing. Unless one is fond of having to eat their own words.

And I'm not voting for Trump either.
No kidding! Lulling voter's into complacency plays right in to Trump's hand and increases his odds.

No matter how lopsided this race gets, people still need to get out and vote.

May be that all of Karl (ham) Rove's reassurances in '12 contributed to Romney's defeat.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
According to RealClearPolitics (the mother of all objective polling data), Hillary now has 272 electoral votes "in the bag." These are now categorized as leans Clinton, likely Clinton or safe Clinton. So, even if Trump won EVERY battleground state, Hillary STILL WINS!

What are your thoughts?
i might remind you that the same thing was said about trump before the primaries, "oh he cant win", "oh there will be a brokered convention", etc. and yet trump is the nominee. what is said now in the polls mean absolutely NOTHING. the only poll that truly counts is the one on election day in november, so we shall have to wait and see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections