Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 03:18 PM

1,268 posts, read 797,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i might remind you that the same thing was said about trump before the primaries, "oh he cant win", "oh there will be a brokered convention", etc. and yet trump is the nominee. what is said now in the polls mean absolutely NOTHING. the only poll that truly counts is the one on election day in november, so we shall have to wait and see.
Please read this and REALLY try to understand: this is the general election. It is not the primary.

I think all of you are shocked because he said stupid **** constantly and still won against republicans. You are the base. You are totally okay with his remarks, childishness, and stupidity. The rest of us are not you. We find him repulsive. This is why he isn't winning now. It's really that simple.

Trump is making his statements himself. I know you want to blame the media right after he hired the media for his campaign, but people hear him saying this stuff. It's on television. Again, its the general election. We aren't going to laugh and say well what he really means is... He is running for president. He, at the most basic level, should have the ability to say what he really means. Trump is to blame for his poll numbers. You guys can shake-up the campaign, deflect, and create conspiracies all day long, but as long as he keeps talking, he's done.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:24 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,806,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i might remind you that the same thing was said about trump before the primaries, "oh he cant win", "oh there will be a brokered convention", etc. and yet trump is the nominee. what is said now in the polls mean absolutely NOTHING. the only poll that truly counts is the one on election day in november, so we shall have to wait and see.
And I'll remind you that Trump was the consistent poll leader for the Republican nomination since July of 2015. From mid-July through the point at which Trump clinched the Republican nomination, there were 99 national polls.

Carson led in 4 (last fall)
Cruz led in 1 (in February)
Trump led in 94 of the 99

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination

You have to be a special combination of clueless and deep in denial to not comprehend that the election day result correlates with the aggregated polls the vast majority of the time.

Of course, I realize that speaking to the same goobers who were busy 'unskewing' the polls in 2012 and proclaiming that their 'unskewing' was showing a yuge Romney landslide looming!

Old 08-17-2016, 03:27 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,476,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
As to the bold, I'm starting to see a pattern with that. Many seem to think they are superior in their knowledge and intelligence because they got some useless education at some indoctrination camp somewhere, err, I mean college...
Point out those posts, please. I notice posts that are the opposite - posts bashing people with degrees, for no reason. Posts that try to dumb down those people with degrees and posts that accuse them of acting superior. Posts that say those with degrees don't have common sense, or that those folks are stupid for going to school because they work at Starbucks and it's assumed they are all in-debt.

So I missed the posts that you are mentioning.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:32 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,337,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Is this just like all the democrat super delegates were "in the bag" for Hillary before the primaries even began?

Sorry, but Trump isn't going to be like Bernie, and allow the democrats to steal the election.
The Clintons have rigged the election just like the primaries. Trump is a Clinton plant, its over before it even started. You HONESTLY think the two most unpopular and untrustworthy candidates in modern times actually got elected as the two candidates? LMAO!!!! The whole system is rigged.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:33 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,420,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
According to RealClearPolitics (the mother of all objective polling data), Hillary now has 272 electoral votes "in the bag." These are now categorized as leans Clinton, likely Clinton or safe Clinton. So, even if Trump won EVERY battleground state, Hillary STILL WINS!

What are your thoughts?
Trump overhauls his campaign for the third time in a year. I think the polls are concerning to him. He used to boast about polls all the time, but now they're meaningless to you **********s and Trumpster himself? I think he'd keep the campaign staff intact if he weren't worried.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:37 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,944,637 times
Quote:
According to RealClearPolitics (the mother of all objective polling data), Hillary now has 272 electoral votes "in the bag." These are now categorized as leans Clinton, likely Clinton or safe Clinton. So, even if Trump won EVERY battleground state, Hillary STILL WINS!

What are your thoughts?
Did you read the title of your thread?

I'm laughing pretty good, you?

Its official, the thread is dead.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:43 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,050,415 times
Historically, who is leading in the polls at this point tends to win, but we still have to get through the debates. I have my doubts that Trump even shows up to them, and 3 months is a long time for Trump to do and say plenty more astronomically stupid and offensive things. I'd wager that there's a significantly higher chance that Hillary's lead isn't done growing rather than Trump making up the difference and coming back to win. His supporters are obviously violently rocking back and forth in denial at this point, but it is what it is. Trump is one of the worst, if not worst, nominees in the history of American presidential elections.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:46 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,050,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
The Clintons have rigged the election just like the primaries. Trump is a Clinton plant, its over before it even started. You HONESTLY think the two most unpopular and untrustworthy candidates in modern times actually got elected as the two candidates? LMAO!!!! The whole system is rigged.
If Trump is a Clinton plant, how "tremendously" stupid do his supporters have to be at this point?

Old 08-17-2016, 06:03 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,420,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Historically, who is leading in the polls at this point tends to win, but we still have to get through the debates. I have my doubts that Trump even shows up to them, and 3 months is a long time for Trump to do and say plenty more astronomically stupid and offensive things. I'd wager that there's a significantly higher chance that Hillary's lead isn't done growing rather than Trump making up the difference and coming back to win. His supporters are obviously violently rocking back and forth in denial at this point, but it is what it is. Trump is one of the worst, if not worst, nominees in the history of American presidential elections.
good points - couldn't rep you.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:18 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Quote:

What are your thoughts?
I think Hill's gonna clobber Trump.

But between now and Nov 8th, we'll be treated to a VERY entertaining spectacle as Drumpf drags the GOP down with him.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections