Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 01:35 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
I agree. There have been racists comments from many Republicans.

There are however, bigots and racists on the democratic side too.

I just don't see the point in harping on these type of things. It really does not help anyone. And the whole Politically Correct revolution that has been underway for the last 10 years or so is also not helpful.

There are many more pressing issues that we should address. Now these issues may involve one particular race or religion more than others but that does NOT equate them to being racist.

Boarder control and vetting immigrants are in my mind very important issues. They involve people of different races and religions but the importance of this issues has nothing to do with that. For example, I don't think we need to have more thorough vetting of Chinese immigrants like we do of Middle Eastern. This is because they have not been implicated in terrorist attacks. Like wise, I would be just as angry if a flood of white people came over the border and attempted to work here illegally.

The racial make up of those involved in our most important issues is irrelevant as to why the issue is actually a problem.
I see where you're coming from here. OTOH, this election cycle has brought out the bigots and racists like never before from what I can recall during my adulthood. The parties need to lower the temperature equally and work together. Unfortunately, folks like Trump stoke fear and for what reason? Its not like he's benefiting from this maneuver. I'm not sure how 'compromising' he'd be willing to be. Based on his new words and deeds so far, the answer is not at all.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Just who is a lot of us and why do you think you speak for anyone but yourself?

I have yet to hear about angry black voters, maybe they are too busy rioting, killing other blacks and suddenly being astonished that anyone would say many of them are improverished and unemployed?
I speak for me, myself and I. Thank you. I am an angry black man that does not take to kindly to the bigotry being spewed relentlessly by your candidate and his goons by assuming, for example, that all black people are poor and uneducated and we have nothing to lose by voting for him. That statement on its face is beyond ludicrous. You see its this thing called knowledge and you and I have access to the same information/data/tools where we can make well informed decisions based on said information.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:59 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,549 times
Yeah well the last time angry white males weren't listened to they overthrew their king and established America so....the future is bright for us!

Old 08-23-2016, 02:04 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
I speak for me, myself and I. Thank you. I am an angry black man that does not take to kindly to the bigotry being spewed relentlessly by your candidate and his goons by assuming, for example, that all black people are poor and uneducated and we have nothing to lose by voting for him. That statement on its face is beyond ludicrous. You see its this thing called knowledge and you and I have access to the same information/data/tools where we can make well informed decisions based on said information.
Well that explains your irrational postings.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:14 PM

1,268 posts, read 798,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Well that explains your irrational postings.
What was irrational in what he said? He is literally telling you his perspective on why your candidate angers him. A fact you adamantly deny. Next, you bash him as irrational for explaining to you what you just refuse to believe. That is just nuts.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
What was irrational in what he said? He is literally telling you his perspective on why your candidate angers him. A fact you adamantly deny. Next, you bash him as irrational for explaining to you what you just refuse to believe. That is just nuts.
They don't get it..makes me sad for our country.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:20 PM

1,268 posts, read 798,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Yeah well the last time angry white males weren't listened to they overthrew their king and established America so....the future is bright for us!
Yes. England was also involved in another war and fighting from a distance that wasn't advantageous on unfamiliar territory. I know you and the overweight tea belly men from the rallies think your tough, but you won't win against the American military. Let me save you some time. If your wanting to commit treason and terrorist acts against America due to your loss of influence, take your rage and racism and leave. You can start a Trumptown somewhere, but don't drink the koolaide....OOPS too late.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
His posts are inflammatory and borderline racist that's why they are irrational. You seem to share the same thought process. Go ahead, keep making fools of yourselves, I'm enjoying it.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Yes. England was also involved in another war and fighting from a distance that wasn't advantageous on unfamiliar territory. I know you and the overweight tea belly men from the rallies think your tough, but you won't win against the American military. Let me save you some time. If your wanting to commit treason and terrorist acts against America due to your loss of influence, take your rage and racism and leave. You can start a Trumptown somewhere, but don't drink the koolaide....OOPS too late.
Case in point of irrational behavior in a post. Keep em coming!

Old 08-23-2016, 02:26 PM

1,043 posts, read 899,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
There are many poor and uneducated people in America of all races. However, there is a higher proportion of blacks among this group. Obviously we all know there are many educated and rich black folks as well.

I don't know if any recent president has addressed this issue. I do believe it is a result of a lack or jobs and the poor economy in many inner city areas. Also, the education that is provided to these areas makes for a vicious cycle that needs to be broken. Obama, IMO, has not done enough for these people and in my mind Hillary is just more of the same. If jobs were to come back and as Trump has been campaigning, if Blacks become more entrepreneurs than they will have a better shot at thriving. Trump is pro-American for trade and manufacturing which will bring a lot of jobs even to those without a lot of education or skills.

Also, with respect to the 'what have you got to lose' statement. I would assume that most of us recognize that he was speaking to the down and out Black population. Not the race as a whole.

I really do think he wants to help Black Americans more than Hillary does. So please, do not let the media convince you otherwise. If you look objectively at both candidates and feel as though Hillary will be there for you then by all means vote for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections