Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 11:55 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,423,827 times

Advertisements

Trump opposes SSM and transgender rights, as does his VP pick. Pretty sure this is common knowledge outside the Breitbart bubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 11:57 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Trump opposes SSM and transgender rights, as does his VP pick. Pretty sure this is common knowledge outside the Breitbart bubble.
The people in this thread think that not wanting gay people to die(or publically saying they are going to hell) means that you are pro LGBT

Old 08-27-2016, 12:21 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,803,324 times
Well I am a gay person in this thread and still believe Trump is far more gay accepting than some GOP want to believe.

That doesn't mean I can't also believe Trump is spineless for not standing up against the party establishment that generated that platform and rejoiced when he picked his running mate.

Trump had the floor.

He had the chance to cast off the chains of narrow social issues that have dragged the good ship GOP into the depths.

He blew that chance.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:35 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Ant-LGBT rights.

He point blank said he didnt support gay marriage or same sex benefits.
Incorrect. As reported by anti Trump media outlets.

The reality is even within the GOP gay ranks, Trump is seen as the most gay friendly party nominee ever.

He has attended gay marriages of close friends

Trump has not publicly stated he opposes gay marriages. Where is there empirical evidence of he coming out , excuse the pun , and putting it on the record his stance on gay marital unions.

As with Hillary's changing stance on gay marriage , she has flipflopped on this issue. Trump has not. There are countless news reports of Hillary's ever changing position. None for Trump. Can you show verifiable video proof or otherwise to back up this claim ?

Old 08-27-2016, 12:44 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,580,682 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8CrusikvWo

Watch the last 20 seconds of the video

Old 08-27-2016, 04:29 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,118,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
"Pivot"? When did Trump ever say he didn't want support from LGBT?
When he repeatedly said in interviews he is against gay marriage.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:03 AM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,860 times
It is simple. Trump's base is anti gay. What does that make the hypocrite?

Old 08-27-2016, 05:50 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
I do not refer to Trump as being anti-gay, if anything I implied this is a signal he is the opposite.

The referenced article in the Advocate does discuss whether he is or isn't.

My question centers around your thoughts as to whether this signals some new change in his campaign and whether this will gain or lose voters.

The act of selling these shirts is not non-sense. It is a fact. A fact that no other GOP candidate duplicated to my knowledge.
Perhaps there was a request for the shirts? I suspect there may be a variety of shirts with messages of support for Trump on them. Both myself and my husband have "Veterans for Trump" shirts, made in Louisiana USA! Did everyone get that MADE IN THE USA!

The Trump campaign is a marketing machine, very impressive in developing marketing ideas if there is an interest.

Buy the shirt, don't buy the shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Well I am a gay person in this thread and still believe Trump is far more gay accepting than some GOP want to believe.

That doesn't mean I can't also believe Trump is spineless for not standing up against the party establishment that generated that platform and rejoiced when he picked his running mate.

Trump had the floor.

He had the chance to cast off the chains of narrow social issues that have dragged the good ship GOP into the depths.

He blew that chance.
So you are disappointed that he didn't make his campaign about the gay community, less than 3% of the population? You do realize that we are all Americans and unless we get a handle on security in our country, you'll going to learn just what "anti-gay" is when sharia law is the law of the land. Realize that many cities are demanding it and a handful already have it in place as we move forward to having no borders and giving up our sovereignty. Sorry, but this election has to be about saving our country for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
When he repeatedly said in interviews he is against gay marriage.
He said it was the law of the land when it came to SSM. The job of the POTUS, although the current one doesn't realize it and our Congress is useless, is to enforce the laws of the land and cannot make laws on their own. No one sees SSM being overturned. It is just a contract between two people when it comes to the government anyway. Cruz is the only one that went bat-poop crazy when it came to SSM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
It is simple. Trump's base is anti gay. What does that make the hypocrite?
It is more simple. Clinton will bring in thousands of Muslims, unvetted at that not caring about their stance on homosexuality. I hope you have come to understand what that is: https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/p...sexuality.aspx Also, when these Muslims get in our country, they multiple like rabbits. We set them up with array of public assistance benefits, $65,000 EACH for their resettlement fee to the American taxpayer. Soon, they will be the majority. They will be making the laws here. You could lose your head over it or are you not gay and simply anti-Trump?

Wake up!

Old 08-27-2016, 06:16 AM

1,268 posts, read 799,058 times
How many did he sell? Two? Three? Trump is such a clown.

Old 08-27-2016, 06:18 AM

1,268 posts, read 799,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Perhaps there was a request for the shirts? I suspect there may be a variety of shirts with messages of support for Trump on them. Both myself and my husband have "Veterans for Trump" shirts, made in Louisiana USA! Did everyone get that MADE IN THE USA!

The Trump campaign is a marketing machine, very impressive in developing marketing ideas if there is an interest.

Buy the shirt, don't buy the shirt.

So you are disappointed that he didn't make his campaign about the gay community, less than 3% of the population? You do realize that we are all Americans and unless we get a handle on security in our country, you'll going to learn just what "anti-gay" is when sharia law is the law of the land. Realize that many cities are demanding it and a handful already have it in place as we move forward to having no borders and giving up our sovereignty. Sorry, but this election has to be about saving our country for everyone.

He said it was the law of the land when it came to SSM. The job of the POTUS, although the current one doesn't realize it and our Congress is useless, is to enforce the laws of the land and cannot make laws on their own. No one sees SSM being overturned. It is just a contract between two people when it comes to the government anyway. Cruz is the only one that went bat-poop crazy when it came to SSM.

It is more simple. Clinton will bring in thousands of Muslims, unvetted at that not caring about their stance on homosexuality. I hope you have come to understand what that is: https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/p...sexuality.aspx Also, when these Muslims get in our country, they multiple like rabbits. We set them up with array of public assistance benefits, $65,000 EACH for their resettlement fee to the American taxpayer. Soon, they will be the majority. They will be making the laws here. You could lose your head over it or are you not gay and simply anti-Trump?

Wake up!

We have been awake for a long time.

Here you go:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Zdx97A63s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections