Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Trump supporters care that they are described as deplorable?
No. They do belive America should be white and Christian to be great 30 38.46%
No. They do believe immigrants and Muslims take their jobs and will kill them 19 24.36%
No. They do not believe women should have equal pay or have access to abortion 13 16.67%
Yes. It is deplorable to be called deplorable just because One supports Trump. 42 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 01:17 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times

Advertisements

Lately, Hillary is making the gaffs, not Trump. Who would have thought?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 01:17 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times
And Hillary supporters are extremely judgmental.

Old 09-12-2016, 01:18 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is alright to slam an individual for being an opponent in a competition, but to slam 1/2 of the people you are going to rule over, leaves a bad taste in more that 1/2 of the people.

The elite ruling class strikes again, with no self control.
I say it's a third - simply describing them for what they are. If that's what you believe stand up in public and be forthright.

Old 09-12-2016, 01:22 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,205,095 times
DEPLORABLE - worthy of censure or disapproval; wretched; very bad.

Hmmmm, doesn't that make more sense when applied to the speaker and not the target?

Old 09-12-2016, 01:22 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
I wondered about this so I turned on CNN this morning while I was having my strawberry eggos and coffee. Sure enough they were killing her with kindness by saying she probably made the offending statements because of her illness. Do they realize how much damage this will be to her.

Let's do a little make believe:
So she is in the oval office and not feeling her best when she is in a conference call with several world leaders and she tells them what she thinks of them and offends most of the leaders of the world because she just cannot think straight and runs off at the mouth when she is not feeling well.

If they want to help her out, CNN might want to rethink their spin.

Old 09-12-2016, 01:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
It is alright to slam an individual for being an opponent in a competition, but to slam 1/2 of the people you are going to rule over, leaves a bad taste in more that 1/2 of the people.

I suppose saying "I like people who weren't captured" doesn't insult all the war heroes who were tortured and/or killed in battle. I thought of that one off the top of my head, but there's a long list of Trump gaffes, blunders and insults.

If you want a leader who says:

"Saddam Hussein was a bad guy, right? ... But you know what he did well? He killed terrorists. He did that so good." They didn't read 'em the rights, they didn't talk. They were a terrorist, it was over."

vote for Trump, but then you're not voting for President, you're voting for a man who praises dictators and who doesn't understand the way a democracy works (and also someone who has terrible grammar.)

Old 09-12-2016, 01:53 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
She speaks the truth. You only have to read the posts regarding her sickness to see how truly deplorable Trump supporters are.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:03 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I wondered about this so I turned on CNN this morning while I was having my strawberry eggos and coffee. Sure enough they were killing her with kindness by saying she probably made the offending statements because of her illness. Do they realize how much damage this will be to her.

Let's do a little make believe:
So she is in the oval office and not feeling her best when she is in a conference call with several world leaders and she tells them what she thinks of them and offends most of the leaders of the world because she just cannot think straight and runs off at the mouth when she is not feeling well.

If they want to help her out, CNN might want to rethink their spin.
Don't worry-it's CNN. I'm sure they will fire anyone that made a mistake and told the truth for a moment.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:22 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:

Luckily for us, The President does not 'Rule' over the People of the United States. I think Trump might like to change this...but I don't think most people will stand for it.

Old 09-12-2016, 03:08 PM

18 posts, read 11,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I am Trump supporter and I don't view blacks negatively. The ones that I think actually view blacks negatively are the ones that keep harping on Trump being a racist. What I have found in my long life is that people who are racist are more likely to believe that someone else is, just because they are, surely everyone else must feel that way.

We can just consider the source of the comment and realize how stupid she is to have said that. Remember when she talked about "super predators" and "young black men in hoodies" - a true to the bone racist and she was so dumb that she thought what she was saying was OK!
I for one am sick and tired of the race card being thrown around because you may have different opinions of the PC police. Calling everyone you disagree with racist, sexist, etc. for years and years isn't going to have the same effect this year as other years.

As for Hillary, I thought she was being completely honest about what she thought of Trump supporters. She would have been better off just criticizing Trump. Her comments were like Romney's "47%" and Obama's "bitter clingers" from 2008. Combine that with her bad health, and it seems to me all her fans and handlers will have to literally drag her across the finish line to win in November. I can only imagine the nationwide meltdown from the left if Trump can beat her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections