Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 08:01 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,139,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no, he cannot run, right, but, isn't there something that allows him to serve 2 more years?
In certain circumstances, LBJ comes to mind. LBJ who became President after Kennedy was assinated could have run twice for President after inheriting the Presidency. If he would have ran in 1968 instead of refusing the nomination, he would have served 8+ years if he was elected in 68.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 08:02 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hjf2zgp2c

coughing fit during hearings way back

then she suddenly resigns after the hearings, and they say it was due to health issues, even heard mention of a heart problem, but that could have been started by the media?

then she falls, and they said she had a concussion, then there is word of her running for President, which made me feel like everything "they said" happened to her before was made because of the Bengazi situation?

I don't know it all seems so, so, ???????? And I'm not saying this b/c I dislike the woman, but something isn't right and hasn't been with her for a long time, b/c there for a while, and I don't know if you remember, right before she resigned, Obama thru her under the bus, and I don't remember what the situation was, but I do remember that happening....it was about Bengazi...he distanced himself from her, then all of a sudden she resigned. Now, he is campaigning for her?

Yes, it is very evident the powers that be, want her in? Or should I say, want another puppet in there.....but....

I just don't trust them....something is going on and I don't know what it is...and is Hillary really seriously ill?

Old 09-13-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
If she is elected President, there is a time period from the time she is elected to the time she is inaugurated, that if something should happen, then I believe Obama could take over? Is that correct? It is a matter of let’s say, 30 days, but the woman is definitely ill...and has been for some time.
I would think Tim Kaine would step in in that case and or Speaker of the House.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hjf2zgp2c

coughing fit during hearings way back

then she suddenly resigns after the hearings, and they say it was due to health issues, even heard mention of a heart problem, but that could have been started by the media?

then she falls, and they said she had a concussion, then there is word of her running for President, which made me feel like everything "they said" happened to her before was made because of the Bengazi situation?

I don't know it all seems so, so, ???????? And I'm not saying this b/c I dislike the woman, but something isn't right and hasn't been with her for a long time, b/c there for a while, and I don't know if you remember, right before she resigned, Obama thru her under the bus, and I don't remember what the situation was, but I do remember that happening....it was about Bengazi...he distanced himself from her, then all of a sudden she resigned. Now, he is campaigning for her?

Yes, it is very evident the powers that be, want her in? Or should I say, want another puppet in there.....but....

I just don't trust them....something is going on and I don't know what it is...and is Hillary really seriously ill?
Perhaps it's a strategic move, sort of like a "Get out of Jail free" card.
I only say this because both Clintons always seem to have an angle on everything.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:16 AM

yes, but there is a circumstance that would allow Obama to serve for 2 more years, but I have to find out what that circumstance would be....
is it from the time Hillary is elected to the inauguration? I just don't trust Obama?

And he did make a statement about serving for another term, but forget what he said, it wasn't in the too distant past...

Old 09-13-2016, 08:22 AM

Quote:
yes, but there is a circumstance that would allow Obama to serve for 2 more years, but I have to find out what that circumstance would be....
is it from the time Hillary is elected to the inauguration? I just don't trust Obama?

And he did make a statement about serving for another term, but forget what he said, it wasn't in the too distant past...
If elected, and dropped out before the inauguration I'm pretty sure an elected President's Vice President would step in, not Obama. After all the Vice President was elected along with the President.

Also--

"The amendment was passed by Congress in 1947. It was ratified by the states on February 27, 1951. The Twenty-Second Amendment says a person can only be elected to be president two times for a total of eight years. It does make it possible for a person to serve up to ten years as president. This can happen if a person (most likely the Vice-President) takes over for a president who can no longer be president. If this person serves two years or less of the last President’s term, he or she may serve for two full four-year terms. If he or she served more than two years of the last President's term, the new President can serve only one full four-year term."

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tw...s_Constitution

Old 09-13-2016, 08:26 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Hillary already dropped out cold on 9/11.
Just another reason to treat that day with a special reverence.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:10 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
I said nothing about the election, I said, if Hillary doesn't get elected by dropping out...

Right, so the election happens and we get a new President, whether Hillary runs or not. We appear to agree on that, so I'm not sure how you get to this:

Quote:
...I believe, if Hillary gets sick and drops out, that Obama can only run 10 years as stated in the Constitution...so, I"m thinking he could run for only 2 more years, not sure how that works...and also, if she is elected, she has a grace time period, where if say God forbid, she would die, or become incompacitated before the inauguration, then what?
Obama can't run for a 3rd term, we agree that the election in Nov WILL happen, regardless of Hillary, so how do you envision that Obama stays in the White House. If she's elected and cannot serve, I would think the VP takes over at that point. No?

Any way you slice it, Obama is NOT in the picture. I don't understand where the confusion comes from.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Right, so the election happens and we get a new President, whether Hillary runs or not. We appear to agree on that, so I'm not sure how you get to this:

Obama can't run for a 3rd term, we agree that the election in Nov WILL happen, regardless of Hillary, so how do you envision that Obama stays in the White House. If she's elected and cannot serve, I would think the VP takes over at that point. No?

Any way you slice it, Obama is NOT in the picture. I don't understand where the confusion comes from.
Your right, Obama cannot run another term, however, he can serve as President 2 more years, according to the circumstances around Hillary, but I don't know what those circumstances are according to the constitution....

Old 09-13-2016, 09:33 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
THe "3rd term" conspiracy is decades old and morphs into what current events are in this case illness because the nutters like to mix some real life events into their garbage to try to give it some reality and otherwise cover the smell of their crazy. (Here's looking at you Rense and Alex Jones fans! )

I think you've been here long enough to remember the Bush will use Iraq as an excuse for martial law to stay in office meme? It came up for Clinton and Reagan too....before that I don't remember.
Yeah..came up with Nixon as well...people were saying he'd declare martial law and disband congress
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections