Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 12:08 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,349,554 times

Advertisements

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/12/u....co/wtTfvdlCrL

This is a really fascinating breakdown of Biden’s strength in WI and MI. According to the survey, Biden leads 51-41 in WI and 48-40 in MI. This result is due to, in significant part, the “walk away from Trump” phenomenon that I had mentioned several months ago. I witnessed it among my relatives, and I’ve noticed it among my circle of friends, many of whom are simply hardworking Americans without college education, including myself. This phenomenon also insulates the Biden lead from polling errors, somewhat, in that people who openly admit voting for Trump in 2016, but have since decided to vote for Biden, rarely lie. They are not “shy Trump voters”. They don’t have significant recall lapses.

I truly believe Trump’s campaign has overestimated their strength among voters without college degrees. Many people in midwestern states are walking away from Trump in 2020. Trump is making last minute appearances in IA now that their campaign is seeing IA and OH within MOE. Their internals continue to show Biden +5-6 in MI, WI, PA without any movement heading into T minus 3 weeks. They are out of money. Time is running out.

How does Trump lure back these “walk away from Trump” midwestern voters with 3 weeks left? Most of these voters support RvW and the current SCOTUS hearings only hurt Trump with this voter bloc. The economy does not appear to be headed in the right direction and COVID cases are rising, particularly in this region.

Is his only play voter suppression?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2020, 01:09 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,314,268 times
Lots of polls are showing 2016 Trump voters switching to Biden for 2020. Florida's polls show this too. Seems to be a trend. Some polls show a 4% net gain to Biden due to Trump voters changing sides.

People that didn't vote in 2016 or those that voted 3rd party in 2016 also favor Biden.

Old 10-12-2020, 01:20 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,446,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MESSENGERTOASCHERON View Post
Very lame and short-sighted to vote on personality.

Comparing accomplishments, the President has a massive list. Biden's 47 years in government in turn yielded nothing.
Trump hasnt accomplished anything other than 1 or 2 bills that would of passed regardless of whos in office. The non-cultists see this which is why hes losing. Trump voters are voting for Trump just cause they like the guy

Old 10-12-2020, 01:46 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,496,735 times
Biden is a longshot to win MI. On top of everything else, the tremendous disapproval of Governor Whitmer will land on Biden first, since Whitmer is mid-term.

Old 10-12-2020, 01:49 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,576,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
Biden is a longshot to win MI. On top of everything else, the tremendous disapproval of Governor Whitmer will land on Biden first, since Whitmer is mid-term.
Define “long shot” and support with data.

Old 10-12-2020, 01:51 PM

1,361 posts, read 554,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Trump hasnt accomplished anything other than 1 or 2 bills that would of passed regardless of whos in office. The non-cultists see this which is why hes losing. Trump voters are voting for Trump just cause they like the guy
No... we're voting for him because of his accomplishments... a list a helluva lot longer than anything Biden has done in his 47 years as a career politician.

Trump nailed it in the debate when he told Joe he's done more in 4 years than Joe has done in 47.

100% truth... and won the debate... along with the law and order speech that Biden had no answer to.

Old 10-12-2020, 02:09 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,735,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/12/u....co/wtTfvdlCrL

This is a really fascinating breakdown of Biden’s strength in WI and MI. According to the survey, Biden leads 51-41 in WI and 48-40 in MI. This result is due to, in significant part, the “walk away from Trump” phenomenon that I had mentioned several months ago. I witnessed it among my relatives, and I’ve noticed it among my circle of friends, many of whom are simply hardworking Americans without college education, including myself. This phenomenon also insulates the Biden lead from polling errors, somewhat, in that people who openly admit voting for Trump in 2016, but have since decided to vote for Biden, rarely lie. They are not “shy Trump voters”. They don’t have significant recall lapses.

I truly believe Trump’s campaign has overestimated their strength among voters without college degrees. Many people in midwestern states are walking away from Trump in 2020. Trump is making last minute appearances in IA now that their campaign is seeing IA and OH within MOE. Their internals continue to show Biden +5-6 in MI, WI, PA without any movement heading into T minus 3 weeks. They are out of money. Time is running out.

How does Trump lure back these “walk away from Trump” midwestern voters with 3 weeks left? Most of these voters support RvW and the current SCOTUS hearings only hurt Trump with this voter bloc. The economy does not appear to be headed in the right direction and COVID cases are rising, particularly in this region.

Is his only play voter suppression?
Well that helps explain the polls we are seeing. Yea...somebody who admits they voted for Trump in 16 and are voting Biden in 20....is not a "shy" Trump voter.

Old 10-12-2020, 02:14 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,446,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
No... we're voting for him because of his accomplishments... a list a helluva lot longer than anything Biden has done in his 47 years as a career politician.

Trump nailed it in the debate when he told Joe he's done more in 4 years than Joe has done in 47.

100% truth... and won the debate... along with the law and order speech that Biden had no answer to.

No your voting for him cause you like his personality. He hasnt accomplished anything and the GOP Congress during his presidency is the least productive in 164 years.

https://theweek.com/articles/711503/...tive-164-years

Trump just signs unenforcable executive orders and bills so he can look like hes doing something

Old 10-12-2020, 06:03 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,496,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Define “long shot” and support with data.
I don't see a way to get reliable polling data this year. A political phone call could be advertising, a poll, a scam, or intimidation. Polling results will be skewed by a shrinking number of people who answer random calls. Maybe some pollsters called me today. I don't know because all I see is an unfamiliar number.

I've been watching the Democrats' trainwreck for four years, but it's not officially a wreck yet until they start salvage operations next month.

Old 10-12-2020, 08:13 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,576,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
I don't see a way to get reliable polling data this year. A political phone call could be advertising, a poll, a scam, or intimidation. Polling results will be skewed by a shrinking number of people who answer random calls. Maybe some pollsters called me today. I don't know because all I see is an unfamiliar number.

I've been watching the Democrats' trainwreck for four years, but it's not officially a wreck yet until they start salvage operations next month.
This is a non answer worthy of Mike Pence.

I asked you specifically which pollsters were reporting in 2016 that are not reporting now. It was your position that the absence of these pollsters is tilting the polls towards Biden. Who exactly are they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections