Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 08:58 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,723,191 times

Advertisements

Who cares what the media says one way or the other? Educate yourself about the candidates and use your brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 09:51 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,735,077 times
Perhaps the OP, is, in it's own way, an identical attempt at "reverse psychology"?

Literally the first thought thru my mind as I read it.

CN

Old 09-21-2016, 11:00 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
To be perfectly honest, I don't plan on voting for Trump or Clinton but every day when I read news and watch TV... it seems the biased media keeps "shouting" at me to not vote for Trump... what that does instead is make me want to vote for Trump... its almost like reverse psychology, the more someone tells me NOT to do something, the stronger the urge to go out and do it... anyone else feels this way?
I don't see the feminization, over-sensitization and "special snowflake" mentality within our society as evidence of some huge Left-wing plot; I do see them as a negative, and powerful side-effect of the emancipation of women (which is the single most potent societal change of our time, and is essentially unstoppable).

To some degree, all of us are at least a little "afraid of freedom' -- to acknowledge it is also to acknowledge that time and nature will eventually, slowly and certainly, take it away. So we build a "safety net" -- privately if we have the means, usually in conjunction with some group -- family, religious, fraternal, or whatever, and with reliance upon the public sector as a last resort. And several trends within our society -- the weakening of family structure and the "enforcement" (right or wrong) of "traditional" lifestyles and values, and the creation of a new component of the underclass (non-Westernized immigrants and "casualties" of the breakdown) who are the psychological cannon fodder for a battle between two less-than-first class Presidential candidates.

I don't care for Trump -- he's a buffoon offered to people who feel alienated and ignored by the over-sensitized "mainstream" cited above. If he is elected, he'll get a fast lesson in how things have to get done day-to day. But the represents our best, and possibly last chance to drive a monkey wrench into the belly of a beast determined to reduce our nation back to a sham Mexican-modeled pseudo-democracy.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...one-party.html

My strongest sympathies lie with Johnson and Weld; I was there when the first stirrings of the libertarian movement began on dozens of campuses back in the late Sixties. But if my native Pennsylvania is up for grabs come Election Day, I'll have no choice but to hold my nose.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 09-21-2016 at 12:25 PM..

Old 09-21-2016, 11:10 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,597,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
If he is elected, he'll get a fast lesson in how things have to get done day-to day.
Oh no, you have this one backwards.
It's Trump who will be giving the lessons.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:12 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I hope Trump takes away ll their press credentials. Media needs a reset with all new companies.
So wanting restrictions on the 2nd Amendment is evil, but doing away with the 1st is perfectly fine so long as Trump is doing it?

More hypocrisy from Trumpers.

Old 09-21-2016, 12:04 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,713,679 times
Quote:
To be perfectly honest, I don't plan on voting for Trump or Clinton but every day when I read news and watch TV... it seems the biased media keeps "shouting" at me to not vote for Trump... what that does instead is make me want to vote for Trump... its almost like reverse psychology, the more someone tells me NOT to do something, the stronger the urge to go out and do it... anyone else feels this way?
you're right that if its the biased media shouting at you than yeah, it ought to make you and others think about WHY they're shouting at you and the answer is pretty simple.....the boiler room payments in the unmarked envelopes with cash, fancy vacations, caviar and expensive cigars, hot tubs and backrubs all go away if Trump wins...Hillary? The poster woman for corruption won't do a thing and won't care or change a thing, all these 'crooked politicians' get to keep their 'perks' if she wins....thus, a lot of people with a lot to lose.

That's why you see the outrage and yelling.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:27 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,475,111 times
Quote:
Use your own brain and listen to a variety of sources rather than being a sheep and listening to just the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections