Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 08:10 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioToCO View Post
Someone started a thread about Trump, saying he was right to make his comment yesterday that pissed me off. I don't want to talk about Hillary here, but I see - you can't discuss matters without deflecting.

You know everything about taxes, since your 1040 is longer than mine! (FYI - the form is 2 pages long)
Hillary is misleading you on the tax code but you'd rather stick your fingers in your ears when someone tells you.

I hire a professional to advise and do my taxes and learn a lot about the tax code. If you want to build wealth it's always smart to consult with a tax professional to learn the tax consequences of current and potential investments. If you want to be poor, struggle and don't care if you retire or retire in poverty, then go ahead and give your money away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 08:12 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,944,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If they deduct that despite not having either that's fraud.
But we aren't talking fraud here. We are talking about one taking advantage of all deductions they're legally entitled to OR simply not taking those deductions because paying more tax helps the government.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:15 PM

1,260 posts, read 2,045,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Ok - tomorrow your salary doubles. Will you donate half of that increase to the government if we ask you nicely? Or do you find the best way to keep as much of it as possible?
Your question is not hypothetical, as my income doubled in the last 6 years. My taxes went up 50%. I never felt dumb for paying that much, but rather proud for making something out of myself and being a productive member of society.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Your question is not hypothetical, as my income doubled in the last 6 years. My taxes went up 50%. I never felt dumb for paying that much.
^^^^ Ba ha ha ha LOL

worker bee's who likes giving his money away . Let see how good you feel when you're living in poverty if you're able to retire because you didn't keep more of your money.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:19 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,369,489 times
Quote:
People like him lobby to keep tax code where it is - full of loopholes. You and I don't lobby the government, we are just one vote that really means nothing.
Man is democracy great or what

Old 09-27-2016, 08:22 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,038,008 times
Quote:
Excellent post and reps to you! What's more offensive is that there are apparently plenty of people who think he is right and this is the right way to live.
Right-wingers are always this way.

Some years back, I had the misfortune of working in a horrible small company full of bigoted, right-wing lunatics. We're talking full-on Trump-suckers here - they couldn't go a week without using the "n-word" in rage-filled conversation, one of them actually tried to recruit me into the KKK, giving me a quick speech about how "what the KKK does to blacks is covered by the First Amendment," and endless, loud day-dreaming about the "day of killing," when they'd finally get to kill all those "n-words," government people, "NATO stormtroopers," and so on. So, when I speak in utter disgust of right-wing lunatics, I know full well how they work and how they think, and they are monsters.

On the plus side, they also provide a bit of laughable humor via their own stupidity. One of my favorite moments was when one of the morons was whining about the "lack of manufacturing jobs" - and, stupidly, blaming it all on Obama. The next day he went on about how "Wal-mart's low prices are the best thing ever" and "how the guy who runs Wal-mart should be president." Yes, he was too stupid to see the connection between his own support of cheap products made in foreign lands and the lack of American manufacturing jobs?!

His other, particularly on-topic, bit of stupid humor were the times he'd whine loud and long about "having to pay taxes to those evil politicians," which was often followed up in the same week with him whining about "how nobody's fixed the roads where he lives" or "how long it took to plow his road after it snowed." Gee, it's almost as if paying taxes might help fix some of the things he's whining about.

But, like all greedy right-wing, Trump-sucking hypocrites, he expects to not have to pay a dime in taxes while "somebody else" pays to keep HIS roads paved and HIS streets plowed and HIS neighborhood safe - but he's not going to spend a dime to help YOU out.

Classic right-wing mindset, right there.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Your question is not hypothetical, as my income doubled in the last 6 years. My taxes went up 50%. I never felt dumb for paying that much, but rather proud for making something out of myself and being a productive member of society.
So when filling out your taxes, did you do your best to pay as little as possible or did you simply hand it over to Sally-Joe at H&R Block and say "Don't really care what I have to pay...the higher the better...I'm proud of paying as much as possible".

Old 09-27-2016, 08:25 PM

- The tax code includes deductions to real estate investors so people who can't afford to buy a house can have a place to live.
- The tax code includes deductions to business because they employ people.
- The tax code includes a lower tax rate for stock investors to encourage people to invest in those companies that employ people.

Notice there is not many deductions for W2 workers because government sees you as just the worker bees.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
^^^^ Ba ha ha ha LOL

worker bee's who likes giving his money away . Let see how good you feel when you're living in poverty if you're able to retire because you didn't keep more of your money.
Guess wut Bubba...I paid $10k in extra taxes 'cause I'm a true 'Merican.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:28 PM

1,260 posts, read 2,045,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Hillary is misleading you on the tax code but you'd rather stick your fingers in your ears when someone tells you.

I hire a professional to advise and do my taxes and learn a lot about the tax code. If you want to build wealth it's always smart to consult with a tax professional to learn the tax consequences of current and potential investments. If you want to be poor, struggle and don't care if you retire or retire in poverty, then go ahead and give your money away.
Thanks for your advice, but I'm doing very well financially. I do hire professional help when I see the necessity. I don't consult Hillary when making financial decisions, so she is not misleading me on anything. But enough about you or me.

Trump likes to brag about his relationship with the police or military. Roughly 25% of federal tax income is spent on military. About 4.5% is spent on veterans. About 2% on law enforcement.
Trump payed $0 to our vets. I paid more than 1K last year. I do feel good about myself and you guys can keep cheering him on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections