Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 08:27 PM

29,523 posts, read 22,680,154 times

Advertisements

I'm 'shocked'

A new report confirms that Donald Trump was too lazy to seriously practice for the debate - Vox

Quote:
Why was Donald Trump so frequently unfocused and rambling during the first general election debate? According to a new report from the New York Times’s Patrick Healey, Ashley Parker, and Maggie Haberman based on campaign sources, it’s basically because he wasn’t really into practicing.

The Times reports that Trump really, really didn’t like traditional debate prep — the format where you stand up at a podium and, you know, practice debating. So he instead focused “mostly on conversations and discussions with advisers.”

When the campaign did try to plan a more traditional debate prep, the reporters write, “Mr. Trump found it hard to focus during those meetings, according to multiple people briefed on the process who requested anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.”

Old 09-29-2016, 08:38 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,225,545 times
You shouldn't practice. You should be real.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:21 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
You shouldn't practice. You should be real.
Now that is a really stupid answer.

I guess one shouldn't practice before driving - one should just do what feels "real".
I guess one shouldn't practice before performing surgery - one should just do what feels "real".
I guess one shouldn't practice before piloting a plane full of passengers - one should just do what feels "real".
A debate is not just being "real". A debate is a verbal contest to show how well you are prepared to deal with the issues that are apt to arise for a President.
As the article says: "...we’ve already gotten a pretty strong sense of what kind of president he’d be, even on the most important matters to rise to his attention — a lazy, unfocused one."

But I agree with you - Trump SHOULDN'T practice. The more ignorant and ill-prepared he looks, the better I like it.

Ken

Old 09-29-2016, 11:26 PM

1,327 posts, read 723,662 times
President Trump - coming your way in 2017!

Old 09-29-2016, 11:28 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post

Monkey spanking fantasy.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:37 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
And a "President Trump" who is too lazy to prepare for a national debate would also be too lazy to read and understand national security briefings.

Trump's supporters are truly scary. I never understood what happened in 1930s Germany leading up to WWII but we are truly repeating history here and its beyond frightening.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:39 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post

Oh, GREAT !!! I LOVE reading fictional stories. When will it be out ?

Don

Old 09-29-2016, 11:39 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,712,855 times
he wasn't laying in bed eating bon bons while on a conference call with lester holt going over the signals.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:43 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Now that is a really stupid answer.

I guess one shouldn't practice before driving - one should just do what feels "real".
I guess one shouldn't practice before performing surgery - one should just do what feels "real".
I guess one shouldn't practice before piloting a plane full of passengers - one should just do what feels "real".
A debate is not just being "real". A debate is a verbal contest to show how well you are prepared to deal with the issues that are apt to arise for a President.
As the article says: "...we’ve already gotten a pretty strong sense of what kind of president he’d be, even on the most important matters to rise to his attention — a lazy, unfocused one."

But I agree with you - Trump SHOULDN'T practice. The more ignorant and ill-prepared he looks, the better I like it.

Ken

For somebody who did not practice , he did quite well. Hillary with all her lawyerly ways and weeks of practice could not put Donald away.

The next debate will come down to if Trump goes for the bait Hillary teases him with.

It does not seem to bother Hillary in the slightest. Go as low as she can go. Even get Chelsea involved , which is truly bizarre and sums up the Clintons perfectly. They have zero values and the only value to them is zeroes.

Imagine watching Hillary for the next 4 or 8 years climbing up the steps of AF 1 and that smug fake smile and shoulder shimmies filling up the camera. Oh, banish that horrible thought.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:45 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,712,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
For somebody who did not practice , he did quite well. Hillary with all her lawyerly ways and weeks of practice could not put Donald away.

The next debate will come down to if Trump goes for the bait Hillary teases him with.

It does not seem to bother Hillary in the slightest. Go as low as she can go. Even get Chelsea involved , which is truly bizarre and sums up the Clintons perfectly. They have zero values and the only value to them is zeroes.

Imagine watching Hillary for the next 4 or 8 years climbing up the steps of AF 1 and that smug fake smile and shoulder shimmies filling up the camera. Oh, banish that horrible thought.
he's too busy meeting hard working americans, traveling the country and speaking on a nearly daily basis, no time to sit around 'practicing'.

Practicing is for people who don't trust themselves to 'say the right things' just by winging it. Give me the unpracticed person vs the person who sat home studying a script (not to mention colluding with the moderator with a bunch of signals)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections