Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 08:12 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Let's dissect your post a little here and check the validity of your "concerns" about Hillary and your feelings about Trump:

1) You say she would let people pour over our borders, bringing guns and drugs. Do you realize that illegal immigration reached it's peak BEFORE OBAMA TOOK OFFICE ? It has declined steadily ever since. So here is fact number one:

Mexicans made up 52% of all unauthorized immigrants in 2014, though their numbers had been declining in recent years. There were 5.8 million Mexican unauthorized immigrants living in the U.S. that year, down from 6.4 million in 2009, according to the new Pew Research Center estimates.

Now, as for bringing drugs and guns with them, it is the DRUG CARTELS that bring drugs, not the average immigrant, who is simply coming here looking for work and a better life. As for the guns, no again, very few, if any of the immigrants are carrying weapons when they come here. The guns are already here, so no one has to import them.

All you are doing is regurgitating the one part of his platform your leader has been spewing for years, and it has no basis in facts.

2) You say Hillary collected speech fees from big banks. How does that in any way affect her ability to be a good President ? You realize that almost every celebrity or politician uses their popularity to go out and earn money, don't you ? Actors do commercials and politicians and noteworthy people give lectures and speeches. Every President has done it, so have Vice Presidents, as well as Senators and Congressmen.

You evidently feel that, by giving these speeches for money, she now owes the people who paid her favors. Here is a little article that might help you understand why it will not compromise her, and why everyone pays people like her for her speeches:

Why Attacking Hillary Clinton for her Speaking Fees Is Hypocritical

Then you start expounding the virtues of Trump, you say, " builder, job creator and grinder." I will give you that he has done well in marketing the Trump name and in dealings regarding real estate. What I can not agree with is that he is a job creator. While he may have given a lot of people work, in a ridiculously high number of cases he stiffed those people out of their rightful compensation. NO GOOD BUSINESSMAN has the high number of lawsuits, judgements, and actions against them if they are an HONEST businessman. He has screwed everyone he could to build his own wealth, not giving a damn about anyone else..........and he will do exactly the same things if he were President.

Look deep into your reasons for not liking Hillary and for liking Trump, and I think you will see your opinions are actually based on non facts and innuendo . It is like saying you don't like some food, just because other people told you it tastes bad. Stop listening to Trump and do some research and reading on your own, and you will see the facts.

Don
Don, you're a thinker. Won't get you far on this forum. Most people here are not interested in any serious review of these candidates positions or their merits.

I have done a pretty thorough review of both these candidates at least as much as time allows having a full time job. The one thing that comes through loud and clear to me is that I cannot find one thing that Trump has ever done that has helped the average American worker in some way; or, has prepared him to take over as POTUS; or, demonstrates that he has the ability to learn or change after he takes office. The man grew up in a golden palace and has done nothing but feather his own nest for his whole life. As far as I can tell he has no conscience, and that is a really alarming characteristic for a man that will have the power of the US President.

Hillary Clinton is no angel; she started her career as a typical liberal in the early 70's, and has become hardened and embittered by a life in US politics there is no doubt about that. But with all her shortcomings she is not even in the same galaxy with Donald Trump. Usually I tend to ignore the political catchphrases, but this time around the "unfit for President" that is being tossed at Trump is actually NOT an exaggeration.

The main distinction about Trump that makes him different from every other Presidential candidate in recent history is that he cares about NO ONE other than himself, and NEVER HAS. Just follow his life and career, dig deep into this guys past and this is crystal clear. Every other candidate either Democrat or Republican that I recall cared about SOMETHING other than themselves, at some point in their political career. Might not be what you cared about - but at least they cared enough about SOMETHING to go down the road of national politics. Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama. You might disagree with their causes but they cared about SOMETHING.

Trump cares about NOTHING other than himself. Never did, and he will never change. This makes him absolutely unique in American history. The amazing thing is that we could very well elect someone like this into the White House.

Last edited by GearHeadDave; 10-01-2016 at 08:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2016, 08:25 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondutch View Post
No ,

Because Hillary plans to turn full control of our government
over to the Dictator at the United nations.

Our military now serves thr UN not the usa.

She and obama are completely incompetent and caused war
and civil unrest All over the world.

They will use the UN and globalism in order to
dodge and deny you your constitutional rights.

You missed one. She is communicating with people from outer space and plans to appoint some guy from Mars as Secretary of Defense. Makes about as much sense as the other 4 "points" you brought up, so let's run with it.

Don

Old 10-01-2016, 08:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I have my concerns about Trump - but I have bigger concerns about Hillary. Trump has in the past and will surround himself with knowledgeable people - Hillary will continue her pay to play and those around her will be the ones that continue to cover her for the next 4 yrs.
Like Steve Bannon (alt right) and Roger Ailes (ousted from Fox for his treatment of women).

This is my fear. Women can expect EXACTLY more of the same.

IF you are a white male - you have nothing to lose, I agree.

Everyone else - is a lesser mortal in a Trump presidency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
No. Most Americans aren't interested in a more corrupt version of Obama.
Then why in the world are they voting for Trump?

Old 10-01-2016, 08:44 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Second thoughts?
well, actually, yes!
But hillary is not even under consideration. I will NOT vote for that woman!
I considered johnson, but I'm finding him somewhat less than impressive these days.
I heard a stein interview on Public Radio the other day; no way can I vote for THAT flake!
Now, it is either trump or a write-in vote for NOTA. I probably won't make up my mind until I have the ballot in my hand!

Old 10-01-2016, 08:46 AM

1,327 posts, read 723,075 times
Happily voting for Trump. No second thoughts whatsoever.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-01-2016 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: TOS

Old 10-01-2016, 08:48 AM

247 posts, read 196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
This has to be one of the more telling threads, blah blah blah [/i]
What a goofy post, like many others from the same source. Couldn't this perspective have been stated in a sentence or two? Each post is not a newspaper editorial, you know.

Old 10-01-2016, 08:50 AM

247 posts, read 196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Like Steve Bannon (alt right) and Roger Ailes (ousted from Fox for his treatment of women).

This is my fear. Women can expect EXACTLY more of the same.

IF you are a white male - you have nothing to lose, I agree.

Everyone else - is a lesser mortal in a Trump presidency.
You can't be serious and really think that, can you??? Wow...and I guess everyone BUT women are lesser mortals under a Hillary presidency?

Old 10-01-2016, 08:54 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Aww, how sweet of you to be suddenly concerned about Trump's chances. You were for him all along but just couldn't take it anymore, so you had to jump off the train. In the mean time, back in March long before anybody knew who Machada was you said this,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
He's so full of himself.

What surprised me the most was that he thought he could be more presidential than anyone, but Abe Lincoln. Seriously he holds himself in that high of regard? unbelievable.

Old 10-01-2016, 08:56 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
You know who I feel badly for this year ? Republicans. After the loss (twice) to Obama, they really needed to make a comeback this time around. But then here comes Donald Trump, who, for some unknown reason, appealed to a lot of people, and they were forced to rally behind a guy they have no love for. They are putting up a game face, and trying to lead us to believe they support him, but we all know the truth.

I think part of the problem is that some of their conservative views simply do not fit into the 21st century. People are different today than they were in the 40's and 50's, but the Republicans still hang onto their worn out old policies and beliefs. The GOP has not adapted to the world as it is today.

One of their worn out platforms is abortion. Get over it, women do not want 70 year old men making personal decisions for them when it comes to their own bodies. Let's face it, no one LIKES the thoughts of abortion, but it is going to happen, no matter what we do. We all remember the days of back alley abortion Doctors, and the women who were injured or killed because it was done in horrible ways. No one wants to return to those practices,except the Republicans.

I think this year will cause the GOP to wake up and rethink their relevancy in the future, and, hopefully, put out a more qualified candidate in 2020 than this time around.

Don

Old 10-01-2016, 08:56 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
According to the polls, that's exactly what most Americans want. Because for some reason , they prefer that to Trump. Ever stop and wonder why?
Silly you. Don't you know that now that Clintons leading again, the polls are biased, skewed, unreliable MSM propaganda?

It's ok if you don't, the Trumpies will so inform you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections