Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 02:43 AM

3,865 posts, read 1,804,012 times

Advertisements

Were any of you once considering Trump but as we continue further along in the election, realize he would be too unpredictable as our president?

Trump has revealed so much of his character through out this election, and particularly at the first presidential debate. It really seemed to me that we need to look past his ' few good trade deals' or ' excellent' immigration plans because if he really cared, like truly cared about the American people would he really be hiring those h1-b visa workers? Would he really have all of his products made overseas? Its like he knows what to say to get our attention but doesn't back up what he personally does to match his own campaign ideas.

Trump also talks about our crumbling infrastructure but apparently thinks its smart NOT paying his own taxes. If he cared as a citizen wouldn't he want to make his own contribution? Its not like he's struggling to make ends meet and cannot afford it----- he's a billionaire who quite possibly doesn't pay taxes.

This doesn't even include all the troubling things he has said this past year. So yeah, I considered him and went back n forth but don't think he will lead us in a good direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2016, 02:47 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,721,589 times
"good direction"

explain how hillary will lead us in a good direction. is letting people pour over the borders bringing drugs and guns a 'good direction'?

is sitting around collecting speech fees from big banks a 'good direction"?

don't believe the narrative, trump is a businessman he will run america like a business, nothing he's saying or doing now matters, talk is cheap, trump is a builder, job creator and grinder, and that's what we need. america needs to clean up and toughen up, none of that happens with hillary.

and you're still on the tax thing? he pays what he owes. if you have a problem what he pays, call the revenue service and complain to them about the tax laws.

Old 10-01-2016, 03:05 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,696,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Were any of you once considering Trump but as we continue further along in the election, realize he would be too unpredictable as our president?

Trump has revealed so much of his character through out this election, and particularly at the first presidential debate. It really seemed to me that we need to look past his ' few good trade deals' or ' excellent' immigration plans because if he really cared, like truly cared about the American people would he really be hiring those h1-b visa workers? Would he really have all of his products made overseas? Its like he knows what to say to get our attention but doesn't back up what he personally does to match his own campaign ideas.

Trump also talks about our crumbling infrastructure but apparently thinks its smart NOT paying his own taxes. If he cared as a citizen wouldn't he want to make his own contribution? Its not like he's struggling to make ends meet and cannot afford it----- he's a billionaire who quite possibly doesn't pay taxes.

This doesn't even include all the troubling things he has said this past year. So yeah, I considered him and went back n forth but don't think he will lead us in a good direction.
The fed begins to raise interest rates and our economy begins to show the downward trajectory we are really on. Our GDP growth becomes even more anemic and all investment leaves to other countries as our high tax rates scare away business.

Unemployment rises while we pass an even larger 2 trillion dollar budget as we continue the practice of borrowing on the backs of our grand children.

We allow illegal immigrants to become citizens and with their voting ability they vote in a majority Democratic House & Senate.

Supreme court justices are appointed and the Supreme Court is fully liberal.

Crime rises in inner cities as police officers are scared to police their communities for fear of repercussion. Inner cities continue to crumble as the addition of low-skilled labor workers into the employment pool (illegal immigrants becoming legal) take more jobs away from Americans. More Americans continue to be on food stamps and government hand outs. Obamacare costs continue to rise as less and less people can afford to participate in the exchanges. More insurance companies leave.

Super Pac donors are the only one's profiting, big pharma, Wall St. etc, while the rest of the country is looking grim.

That's what I think a Clinton presidency brings.

Old 10-01-2016, 03:33 AM

51,662 posts, read 25,896,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
"good direction"

explain how hillary will lead us in a good direction. is letting people pour over the borders bringing drugs and guns a 'good direction'?

is sitting around collecting speech fees from big banks a 'good direction"?

don't believe the narrative, trump is a businessman he will run america like a business, nothing he's saying or doing now matters, talk is cheap, trump is a builder, job creator and grinder, and that's what we need. america needs to clean up and toughen up, none of that happens with hillary.

and you're still on the tax thing? he pays what he owes. if you have a problem what he pays, call the revenue service and complain to them about the tax laws.
I take it this would be a "no."

Clinton is not for letting folks "pour over our borders." This is Fox news, hate radio, Rush Limbaugh talk.

Nor is she for taking away guns. This is NRA nonsense. She is for sensible gun control laws and has said as much countless times.

"Sitting around?" Who are you trying to kid? As to earning fees for giving speeches, it's a damn sight better than earning money by not paying your bills which Trump is notorious for.

How in the world could Trump run the nation like he runs his business? He wants to renegotiate the national debt, like he "renegotiates" his own debts. It's one thing for Trump to tell those he owes money to that they can accept fifty cents on the dollar or see him in court. But how exactly does that work for a nation?

But all this is small potatoes compared to the havoc he could wreck by being Commander in Chief. We saw what Bush and Cheney did.

A woman with walnuts for eyes could see that Clinton has the experience, judgment, and temperament to lead our nation in a decent direction.

Trump does not.

Old 10-01-2016, 03:51 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,644,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
don't believe the narrative, trump is a businessman he will run america like a business, nothing he's saying or doing now matters, talk is cheap, trump is a builder, job creator and grinder, and that's what we need.

Yeah, well, that's kind of the problem. 4 of his businesses went bankrupt, and Trump Steaks, Trump On The Ocean, Trump Airlines, the Trump travel agency, Trump Magazine, Trump Vodka, the Trump Network pyramid scheme, and Trump Mortgage all went out of business within a year or two. Trump Universitynot only failed, but he has to stand trial for fraud after the election.

So. Which of those businesses are the ones you want Trump to run the United States like?

Do any of you people ever think about what you're saying? Ever?

Old 10-01-2016, 04:06 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,117,965 times
Nope. Been sure since June 2015.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:08 AM

11,879 posts, read 5,851,751 times
I have my concerns about Trump - but I have bigger concerns about Hillary. Trump has in the past and will surround himself with knowledgeable people - Hillary will continue her pay to play and those around her will be the ones that continue to cover her for the next 4 yrs.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:25 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,385,077 times
Liked his candor at first but as time went on it became apparent Trump doesnt have the stability in temperament to be ruler of the world ,hes like a petulant young child who is really good at name calling and little else, his entire campaign strategy is mostly about character assassinating Hillary and his few attempts at policy involve pie in the sky notions of
fix the immigration problem? Build a wall,
ISIS bomb the hell out of them ,
Muslim immigration ban them all,
Jobs? we are going to bring them all back,
America? we're going to make it great again.
Listen to the content of his rhetoric and its easy to see its all pure fluff made to impress the more vacuous. The guy is a total ahole.

Last edited by jambo101; 10-01-2016 at 04:53 AM..

Old 10-01-2016, 04:33 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,323,350 times
Yes I am. A year ago I thought Trump was the answer. And he's got some of the big things right -- like finally doing something about illegal immigration.

But his character is not what I thought it was. He's too thin skinned, and seems angry all of the time.

But he's still better than Crooked Hillary.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:34 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,507,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I have my concerns about Trump - but I have bigger concerns about Hillary. Trump has in the past and will surround himself with knowledgeable people - Hillary will continue her pay to play and those around her will be the ones that continue to cover her for the next 4 yrs.
You base this one what? His three campaign managers? Mike Flynn? Gingrich? Carson? His kids? Who in his circle do you have a lot of confidence in? Maybe Yes-Man Mike Pence......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections