Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 08:06 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That makes no sense.
Sure it does.....

Old 10-02-2016, 08:07 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yup, this is the problem with this revelation. Not that he technically did it legally, but that he's a greedy billionaire making his wealth off the backs of the little people.
Exactly..and he could have avoided this by making the case to voters that he should not have benefited from the tax code to the extent he did, and that he wanted to change that, but no...he doesn't want to talk about taxes and his 'economic plan' includes more tax breaks to people just like him.

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's called deflection. And given what has transpired this week in Trumpland, deflection is their best--and really only--option right now.
So, if slick wille is off limits.....maybe trump's wife should also be off limits.

I know that will be hard for both of you to understand, but maybe between both of you and through hundreds of DMs, you maybe able to figure it out.

2,096 posts, read 3,811,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
This is sad, truly sad. A young man, working in the heart of the capitalist market system in the most powerful nation on earth, is apparently afraid of his own shadow.
And I mean nothing personal or insulting here. But, what on earth do you have to fear? Not that DT will do anything to make you actually safer even if he makes you FEEL safer, but what bogeyman is out there? Our country is, for the most part, experiencing some of the lowest rates of violent crime in my lifetime; and I've been here longer than to call myself "a kid."
As far as I can tell, DT has no plan other than to make OTW (other than white) people's lives a living hell of discrimination, police interference and harrassment.

I am truly amazed that many Americans would think this to be "the main issue of our time." If I am wrong, when did this become such a nation of scaredy cats?

You're joking right?

Chicago,Hillary and O's hometown have more than 500 murders alone this year. Detroit,another cesspool. Look at all the people who have been killed by ILLEGALS from DUI-murder. Maybe if you opened your eyes and looked beyond CNN you'd really see what's been going on out in the REAL WORLD today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
The guy has nearly ONE BILLION DOLLAR personal loss and these Trumpanzes want to let him control our economy?
Yet Hillary claims she had no idea what the C was on those classified emails and you want her in charge of national security?

Old 10-02-2016, 08:09 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, if slick wille is off limits.....maybe trump's wife should also be off limits.
I know that will be hard for both of you to understand, but maybe between both of you and through hundreds of DMs, you maybe able to figure it out.
When did I say a word about Trump's wife? Show me the post please or drop that BS, ok?

Old 10-02-2016, 08:12 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,983,727 times
Yes, the clintons paid a lot in taxes.
They also got a REFUND of over 1 million dollars!
How did they do that? By taking advantage of the very laws that some of you are dissing trump for using!
THAT is the "situation".
THE LAW allows trump to deduct his losses, thus he paid no tax.
bill and hillary had no losses to speak of, so they had very few deductions. That is not trumps fault! bill and hillary took every deduction the law allows. Good for them!
I find it amazing that so few people see the double standard, or are not willing to admit that it exists.
trump did what the law allows. End of story!

By the way, I am NOT a trump supporter. I am against hillary, and will NOT vote for her, that is true. It is also true that I embrace fairness. BUT I DO NOT SUPPORT TRUMP!

Last edited by Redraven; 10-02-2016 at 08:25 AM..

Old 10-02-2016, 08:13 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
Really funny how the thread is trying to be deflected.

Nutty Don is a cheat and a liar. It also turns out he is a taker, so large a taker that he does not put anything into the country.

How again is Nutty Don going to make America great again yet he does not support the country.

Old 10-02-2016, 08:13 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,186,659 times
Default A story about how Trump treats his co-investors. With ethics like this, he needs to find new meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
... I want his investors to speak up for him - I do NOT see one - not one tycoon put their arm around him and say he is the best...
Here's one such story of his investors and how he treated them:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/31/us...ide-south.html

Always going for the quick buck, never understanding his partners' views if it gets in the way of his cash grab. They think he's a jerk.

Quote:
And when (Trump's) Hong Kong partners sought to invest the proceeds from the sale in Bank of America buildings in San Francisco and New York, Mr. Trump sought an injunction to scuttle the deal.

The judge ruled against him. Instead of receiving the cash he wanted, Mr. Trump had to accept a 30 percent share in the profits from the two Bank of America buildings, tied up in a partnership that is slated to last until 2044. But today, Mr. Trump counts that legal defeat as a victory.
and:
Quote:
After the lawsuit, the Hong Kong partners moved swiftly to cut all ties to Mr. Trump. Mr. Lo sold his shares in the partnership to the Cheng family, which sold to Vornado Realty Trust, now the owner of a 70 percent interest in the Bank of America buildings.

But in the interview, Mr. Trump sounded almost wistful about his former partners, marveling at the money they had made together and at the fact that they no longer spoke. He acknowledged that his former partners might have gotten the best deal possible on Riverside South, after all.

“It’s too bad that this happened,” Mr. Trump told a reporter.

“If you speak to Vincent and Henry, tell them I think they are fantastic people,” he said. “You let them know that Donald Trump has great respect for them, O.K.?”

Eight thousand miles away, in his penthouse office in Hong Kong, Mr. Lo laughed when told of Mr. Trump’s comment. He made clear that he had not forgotten being sued for $1 billion.

“Well, that’s him,” Mr. Lo said. “To file a lawsuit is nothing. It’s just like having lunch.”

Old 10-02-2016, 08:14 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

So who is talking about Trump's wife here? I see no one but you.

Old 10-02-2016, 08:19 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,186,659 times
Default Start a short thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
You're joking right?

Chicago,Hillary and O's hometown have more than 500 murders alone this year. Detroit,another cesspool. Look at all the people who have been killed by ILLEGALS from DUI-murder. Maybe if you opened your eyes and looked beyond CNN you'd really see what's been going on out in the REAL WORLD today!...
You should start a thread with first hand contributions from all the people on this site who live in inner-city Chicago and Detroit today. I might even look at it. I don't think it would take long to read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.