Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 02:25 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't know, since you think you know so much why don't you tell us.

By the way, my company is an S-corp a flow through entity which means that the owners include their allocated shares of profits in taxable income under the individual income tax, which is taxed as ordinary income up to the maximum 39.6 percent rate. I even pay taxes on profit that I have to keep in the business to pay employees and vendors in the following year on my personal tax return.
So yours is run like a traditional S-Corp, so...? I don't care about your taxes because you are not interviewing for the most powerful job paid for by my taxes based on your "incredible business skills" while refusing to be transparent about those so called business skills.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
You know what would be great?! If no one paid taxes! Let's make sure no one pays taxes and then there's no military, infrastructure, nothing! We can be like Oprah; "You pay no taxes and you pay no taxes!" Nothing spells freedumb like a country without money! When Oklahoma gets an earthquake or tornado that turns it to rubble, we'll tell them we can't help them rebuild but we'll send them our best wishes!

And how fun to have a president paid by taxes who didn't pay them previously because irony!
So here you have it, people in the bottom income don't pay taxes and people that are rich reduce their taxable income so they don't have to pay as much.

How about this Seacove, the people who don't pay taxes have to pay tolls to help pay for those roads and bridges.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:32 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,597,807 times
Quote:
So here you have it, people in the bottom income don't pay taxes and people that are rich reduce their taxable income so they don't have to pay as much.

How about this Seacove, the people who don't have to pay taxes have to pay tolls to help pay for those roads and bridges.
So there you have WHAT ?

Trump had a tax loss of almost 1 Billion in 1995.
That's called a carryforward loss.

Trump and his accountants have a fiduciary duty to the company
not to overpay on taxes. He's paid hundreds of millions in taxes
in the course of his company affairs.

The year-end statement is a balance of whether you OVERPAID
or UNDERPAID, it's right there on the IRS forms, then you pay
if you UNDERPAID, and receive a check if you OVERPAID.

This is totally right.

Unlike the Clintons, who shuffle 95% of their wealth in a "non-profit charity"
that only pays out 5% in actual charity.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:33 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,126,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
People are angry at Trump not because he took legal tax deductions, but because the man just has too much money for some people's taste.
If one believes that there should a be a ceiling in this country on how much wealth a person may possess, and that the excess should be paid in taxes, then such person may credibly express outrage at Trump's zero tax returns. Its not a view I agree with, but at least its sincere.
But if you don't believe that, and you are like every person I've ever met in my life who does their best to pay as little taxes as possible, then your outrage is hypocrisy and says more about you than it does about Trump.

Now how many of you are going to be throwing in a little extra next April?

I believe a free enterprise system promotes the ability of ANYONE to start a business and make money. I have started 2 successful businesses in my lifetime. If the tax laws work in my favor to take a tax break that is my right and duty to my family.

There is an inherent risk in starting a business in terms of money, time & ingenuity. Most people are not willing to take that risk and that is ok but it is typically the Liberal mind that is offended when someone makes it in business and they tend to feel that they too are owed the success and monetary bonus that people in business earned through hard work long hours and personal sacrifice. I am tired of the Liberals that are not willing to put forth the same effort but yet expect the same results.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:33 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
You know what would be great?! If no one paid taxes! Let's make sure no one pays taxes and then there's no military, infrastructure, nothing! We can be like Oprah; "You pay no taxes and you pay no taxes!" Nothing spells freedumb like a country without money! When Oklahoma gets an earthquake or tornado that turns it to rubble, we'll tell them we can't help them rebuild but we'll send them our best wishes!

And how fun to have a president paid by taxes who didn't pay them previously because irony!
Yeah isn't it just.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:34 PM

1,553 posts, read 925,992 times
LMAO

So the fortunate son lost nearly a billion dollars in the mid-90s (when the economy was BOOMING under Bubba, no less) and the C and D students who support him think he's some kind of great businessman.

LMAO ... hilarious.

This guy is SO overrated that it's laughable at this point.

But he may be the greatest CON MAN in history...

CLINTON - KAINE

Old 10-02-2016, 02:34 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
One year I had a business loss of $ 60,000.00 and was able to claim the loss over a ten year period.
There was a limit of what I could claim in any one year. I think that is why I was eligible to claim it over a 10 year time span. It didn't eliminate my federal taxes but it knocked them down considerably. You don't have to be a billionaire to legally use the tax code. The politicians made the rules and the IRS carries them out and if it's legal why would anyone not use it to their advantage.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:35 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
Would any of us eschew any tax deductions we were legally entitled to take? Any hands up?

Old 10-02-2016, 02:37 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,912,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I guess that Grumpy Old Man is pleased to pay more taxes because the Donald is smarter and more fraudulent then GOM.
I hate paying taxes and do everything legality possible to keep the number as low as possible, just like my long time good friend GregW does, and so too does the next president of America, Mr Donald Trump.
Greg, Donald, and I, we are tight and we think alike with the very same goals.
Thank you for supporting Trump, and thank you for your vote...

Old 10-02-2016, 02:37 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:

How about this Seacove, the people who don't pay taxes have to pay tolls to help pay for those roads and bridges.
Fine! Are the roads and bridges all we are worried about? No taxes for anyone and we just build roads for those that can be supported by tolls? Perfect! Sounds like a bummer for rural areas but I don't live in a rural area so I do.not.care.

And since we are not going to pay taxes in this utopia, there will be no Social Security and Medicare, especially Medicare, because Medicare recipients pay only about a third of the amount of the benefits they receive. So oops! Time for those seniors to pay for their own health care costs instead of dipping into my pocket! And Medicaid? Most seniors pay for senior care through Medicaid so they are out on the streets or staying with family. No VA benefits but who cares because no military! Isn't ending government funding fun?! I love it!

Since we would have no funding to pay the president or Congress and no funding for defense for ourselves or our allies, we really don't need a president, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.