Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Trump's tax situation effect your vote?
Yes 26 27.08%
No 68 70.83%
Not sure 2 2.08%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 12:46 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,772,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't like Obama, and the way this economy is and with failing Obamacare I was right.

So if you're accusing me of not being able to vote Democrat or Republican you should take a look in the mirror.
I have nothing to do with your vote, that is your responsibility. A lot of Republicans don't like Obama so you agree with the party you support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 12:46 PM

6,794 posts, read 3,406,009 times
It doesn't matter what anybody does with their taxes as long is it's within the laws. You would actually be pretty stupid NOT to take advantage of any legal deductions.

Most big companies and/or public figures know they will be audited. They have to file 10Q and 10K reports which usually are public. Nobody wants to intentionally hang themselves out to dry by doing something illegal.

Think about it. What possible advantage would Trump, already a billionaire, have by cheating on his taxes?

All this tax nonsense is just that ... nonsense. Give it up already.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
It doesn't matter what anybody does with their taxes as long is it's within the laws. You would actually be pretty stupid NOT to take advantage of any legal deductions.

Most big companies and/or public figures know they will be audited. They have to file 10Q and 10K reports which usually are public. Nobody wants to intentionally hang themselves out to dry by doing something illegal.

Think about it. What possible advantage would Trump, already a billionaire, have by cheating on his taxes?

All this tax nonsense is just that ... nonsense. Give it up already.
Remember that when seniors are told there will be no COLA increase and their Medicare is being replaced with vouchers/coupons toward a purchased policy. No taxes=no money. I don't care, I'm not a senior.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:49 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,819,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
When exactly was it that you fell off the fence and went for Trump over Clinton? 1992 or 1993?
When Bill Clinton was president I was in medical and cardiac ICU, Hillary was pushing Hillarycare. After that, patient care became insurance centric instead of patient centric. No that didn't sit too well because when people are sick the patient should be the focus, not insurance companies.

I liked Trump but wasn't sure I would like him as a president so I waited and listened to both sides. Hilary hid out in the beginning, she wouldn't take Q & A's from the media. But when she said she would continue with Obama's policies, and mostly when she said she was going to make the rich pay their fair share by raising taxes "on income", when the media was saying things that I knew was not true that did it for me so I may have had to sit this one out but as I listened to Trump, I liked his ideas. I've been lower middle class, and climbed out of that rat race and Trump is saying things that I experience and had to do to climb out of the rat race.

Trump makes sense to me. Hillary is only about attacking Trump and saying what benefits her at the time to get elected

Old 10-04-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
When Clinton was elected I was in healthcare, she tried to push Hillarycare. Patient care became insurance centric instead of patient centric. No that didn't sit too well because when people are sick the patient should be the focus, not insurance companies.

I liked Trump but wasn't sure I would like him as a president so I waited and listened to both sides. Hilary kind of hid out in the beginning so that didn't help. She wouldn't take Q & A's from the media. But when she said she would continue with Obama's policies, and mostly when she said she was going to make the rich pay their fair share by raising taxes "on income", that did it for me so I may have had to sit this one out but as I listened to Trump, I liked his ideas. I've been poor, and climbed out and Trump is saying things that confers with my ability to climb out of the rat race.
Plus Trump thinks his daughter is really hot.

Hillary was very brave to take on proposing health care for the country in 1992. Not a lot of people realize what she took on there and she knew more about it than anyone. Republicans have never cared about health care and Paul Ryan would end Medicare tomorrow if you could.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:52 PM

6,794 posts, read 3,406,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Remember that when seniors are told there will be no COLA increase and their Medicare is being replaced with vouchers/coupons toward a purchased policy. No taxes=no money. I don't care, I'm not a senior.
Okay, but ..... how do you equate seniors on Medicare to Donald Trumps' taxes?

Old 10-04-2016, 12:53 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,222,595 times
Quote:
Did Hillary supporters ever start and run a business? Government knows most people don't know how to run businesses so they encourage smart people to risk and invest which results in creating jobs, they know that businesses have bad years so they include the carry over loss to encourage investment.

Businesses fail all the time, at least Trump KNOWS HOW to rebuild.

Geez, Hillary supporters don't know the first thing about taxes and running a business so they need jobs yet there they are like a bunch of clucking chickens p*ssing on a man who creates jobs.
But I say she does know about "running a business" = "her illegal political/foundation businesses" costing others blood and money.

And taxes - well she's Hillary Clinton she makes her own laws.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:54 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,995,315 times
It does not affect my vote.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:56 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,819,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Plus Trump thinks his daughter is really hot.

Hillary was very brave to take on proposing health care for the country in 1992. Not a lot of people realize what she took on there and she knew more about it than anyone. Republicans have never cared about health care and Paul Ryan would end Medicare tomorrow if you could.
^^ and see how the left is fighting this. I worked in healthcare and I know how her push for Hillarycare effected patient care (in a bad way). Patient care should focus on the sick people, not the insurance company.

You're giving Hillary credit for trying but not for results.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Okay, but ..... how do you equate seniors on Medicare to Donald Trumps' taxes?
Donald Trump’s tax plan now favors the ultra-rich even more

"The first independent analysis of Donald Trump's revamped tax plan is finally out, and it confirms what appeared to be true when the Republican presidential nominee gave his big tax speech last week: Trump's "yuge" tax cuts have shrunk dramatically, particularly for the middle class, and they now skew even more to helping the highest-earning Americans."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ich-even-more/

There will be less revenue to pay for entitlements, plain and simple. When he says he will reduce taxes he means for himself and we already know he doesn't pay, he admitted as much.

- Few seniors have actually paid for their Medicare benefits. According to an Urban Institute estimate, the typical retired couple paid $122,000 in lifetime Medicare taxes but can expect to receive benefits worth $387,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...cial-security/

Seniors very much depend on working Americans and our taxes money for their survival.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections